Profile for An_Engineer_who_appreciates_quality > Reviews

Content by An_Engineer_wh...

An_Engineer_who_appreciates_quality

Page: 1 | 2
Master Class Non-Stick 2 lb Loaf Tin, 23 x 13 cm (9" x 5")
Master Class Non-Stick 2 lb Loaf Tin, 23 x 13 cm (9" x 5")

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal - I don't buy anything else., 1 Aug. 2015
I only ever buy Master Class cookware now. I really do appreciate the quality of these tins, they are of a thick gauge metal and they seem to have a good hard non-stick coating on them too. Perfect for a bara brith.

Edifier R1600T III Home Audio Speakers
Edifier R1600T III Home Audio Speakers
Offered by Emax

3.0 out of 5 stars Not up to the sound quality expected., 1 Aug. 2015
They look really impressive. However, that is not why one buys a set of speakers.

I was persuaded to buy these by a friend as he has the R1600 II so I thought an upgrade to the III, where the only difference is the inclusion of a remote control, was a wise decision.

I plugged her in to the TV and got quite excited as I was really looking forward to watching Zulu for the 12th time - you gotta love a bit of the Stanley B. However, I didn't quite get that far, on initial set up I decided to test her out on a few music channels first - this is where my heart sank a little with utter disappointment. The sound quality isn't bad, it is certainly better than a flat screen TV's speakers, but it just didn't have the wow factor I was in search of. They work perfectly fine, it's just I feel they are lacking something, at times it sounds a little tinny and little too much treble and then at other times I feel the bass is too strong, there doesn't seem to be a nice balance anywhere.

I have a set of Logitech Z506 5.1 surround sound too, these were cheaper but I couldn't be dealing with the hassle of setting up all the cables. I wish I had now because the sound quality out the the Logitech is far superior to the Edifier, yet the Logitech's are £20 cheaper.

Wales WRU 2014/15 Supporters Hooded Rugby Sweat - size M
Wales WRU 2014/15 Supporters Hooded Rugby Sweat - size M
Offered by Fashion Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal, good fit, good quality., 1 Aug. 2015
Good quality. Very pleased with it.

Pretty much exactly what I expected.

Let's just hope Alain Rolland doesn't get involved this time.

My only issue with it is that it has "England" written on the label on the inside - it does detract from the quality somewhat but it's something I will have to live with.

Set of 4 x Simple Plain White El Grande, Large Mugs (425ml)
Set of 4 x Simple Plain White El Grande, Large Mugs (425ml)
Offered by MugBug

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect mug - I bought another set immediately., 1 Aug. 2015
Outstanding !

These mugs are what I've been searching for for some time. I was in need of a good size, where all 4 fingers comfortably fit in the handle and also providing a sufficient capacity for a satisfying cup of tea.

This capacity allows for enough caffeine to be consumed without the fear of it going cold too quickly - which is what I often find with the much larger size. I also find the standard mug size a little too small, so much so that my caffeine cravings are never satisfied and that just ruins the entire experience of a cuppa, I mean who wants an anti-climax like that from such an important aspect of any British persons life. It will just ruin your entire day - it quite often did mine at least. Not any more though.

The dimensions of said mug are a height of 119mm and an outer diameter of 85mm. The external height of the handle is approximately 95mm with an internal height of approximately 80mm, enough for my lump of a hand to fit in.

Overall I'm utterly chuffed with my purchase.

MB Square black - The square bento box
MB Square black - The square bento box
Offered by Bear And Bear Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Big and box-like., 11 Jun. 2015
Awesome.

Good size for my foodzies, I eat a lot. Two boxes is ideal for me. A good solid plastic too, microwaved many times for long periods and there is absolutely no warping. It is also pretty good at keeping air tight.

I will be buying again as I am pretty lazy at washing up.

Mens Navy Blue Perforated Faux Suede Casual Loafers Moccasins Shoes Size 9
Mens Navy Blue Perforated Faux Suede Casual Loafers Moccasins Shoes Size 9
Offered by My Perfect Pair Limited

1.0 out of 5 stars A bit s***..., 3 April 2015
Please avoid these shoes.

They work well as slippers for around the house but nothing more.

FACILLA® Aluminum Spray Bottle Water Atomizer Mist Perfume Hair Care Salon Home [Misc.]
Offered by topeuachat

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps my bonsai tree moist., 3 April 2015
Perfect for the old bonsai tree. Ideal.

Fila Vintage Mens Winter Knitted Woolie Gloves - Red - AX00359 - S
Fila Vintage Mens Winter Knitted Woolie Gloves - Red - AX00359 - S
Offered by avenue85

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time, waste of money., 3 April 2015
Waste of time.

I wore them once as I rode my bike from home to the office (less than a mile), takes me all of 10 minutes - a hole appears between the thumb and the forefinger and both hands. Absolute crock of s***e. The wool just unravels.

Look elsewhere.

Black + Blum Box Appetit, Lime
Black + Blum Box Appetit, Lime
Offered by Emporium Cookshop & Homewares

2.0 out of 5 stars It leaks after time... Avoid unless it's just a salad you want with little to no dressing. That's all I use it for now., 3 April 2015
I've owned it for over a year now - I used it nearly every day, however it does not do well in the microwave nor is it particularly airtight to begin with.

hinges have broken after general wear and tear.

lid has now warped from the prolonged microwave exposure.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 23, 2015 4:15 PM BST

Argon Tableware Latte Coffee Cups - 340ml (12oz) - Box of 6
Argon Tableware Latte Coffee Cups - 340ml (12oz) - Box of 6
Offered by Rinkit Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 19 Sept. 2014
Cheap crap that chips very easily - also they are much smaller than initially expected.

Page: 1 | 2