Profile for Spawnee dog > Reviews

Content by Spawnee dog

Spawnee dog "Frog" (Glasgow)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Rebound
Rebound

1.0 out of 5 stars Reader beware., 22 July 2016
This review is from: Rebound (Kindle Edition)
Writing a negative review is something I do not enjoy doing. Someone has produced a piece of work in which they genuinely have invested blood, sweat and tears. I didn't even buy this, having taken it out of the local library. I simply want to prevent anyone else from having to read it The plot is utterly ridiculous. Character development is virtually non existent. I skimmed through many of the pages and the sad fact is that it did nothing to prevent me from following the simply ludicrous plot. Every 8 or 9 pages we are faced with a long list of rhetorical questions in case we have lost track of the utterly weird, nonsensical events. Seriously? I have to concur with another critic baffled by the level of detail given to meals. Really odd. I'm sorry but in my humble opinion this is a dreadful book.

eBoot Anti Static Record Brush Cleaning Brush for Vinyl Records, Keyboards and Cameras
Offered by eBoot

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me., 15 July 2016
You tend to get what you pay for. This item was very inexpensive and I can see why. The actual cleaning element seems to be an afterthought. Any downward pressure on the vinyl, beyond the bare minimum will bring the cheap metal? into contact with the record. Would really not recommend this if you value your albums. Should have known better but I was taken in by the many positive reviews.

LATE NIGHT TALES: ”LAFUR ARNALDS
LATE NIGHT TALES: ”LAFUR ARNALDS

5.0 out of 5 stars Iceland; not just a football team., 4 July 2016
Beautiful album. A great deal of thought has clearly gone into the selection and order of the pieces on this disc. I expected nothing less from Olafur and I have not been disappointed. Buy with confidence.

Microfiber Cleaning Cloths - 10 Colorful Cloths and 2 White ECO-FUSED Cloths - Ideal for Cleaning Glasses, Spectacles, Camera Lenses, iPad, Tablets, Phones, iPhone, Android Phones, LCD Screens and Other Delicate Surfaces (Black/Grey)
Offered by ECO-FUSED UK

Sony XDR-S40 DAB/DAB+/FM Ultra Compact Digital Radio - Black
Sony XDR-S40 DAB/DAB+/FM Ultra Compact Digital Radio - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Sound matters., 22 Jun. 2016
Bought this from a major retailer, which was the only saving grace. Was faced with lots of brands but plumped for the Sony based on its reputation for quality. The build of the radio is excellent, as is ease of use but sound quality is really paramount. Prospective buyers should be aware that the radio power output is not noted on the exterior of the box. It is 0.3 w. I put in some batteries, switched it on, listened to the weak tinny sound, which lacks any kind of depth. Straight back to the store in question and did a straight swap for a Panasonic at the same price but with 7 times the output. Chalk and cheese. Blew the Sony out of the water in sonic terms, which has to be the main factor in choosing a listening device. Buyer beware.

The Beat Assassinated
The Beat Assassinated
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars One of the worst albums I have ever heard, 14 Aug. 2015
This review is from: The Beat Assassinated (Audio CD)
One of the worst albums I have ever heard. I deeply resent the fact that I forked out some dosh to pay for this.

Ellis Auditorium Memphis April 30th 1974
Ellis Auditorium Memphis April 30th 1974
Offered by Squirrelsounds

5.0 out of 5 stars A pint, anyone?, 22 July 2015
Rough or not, and rough it is, this is Steely Dan. Ignore the blurb on the cd cover regarding "awesome live set" and "superb fidelity". You're listening to a band in its early stages, in the raw. They are, and always will be, different class. I paid £3 for this. That's like a pint of lager, which I will sup and discard in liquid form within 30 minutes. The album is musically stunning and more than acceptable on an audio level. I think that's called a "no brainer". Enjoy one of the best bands on the planet. Scrub that pint of lager, barman.

Never to be Seen Again
Never to be Seen Again

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter dross., 6 July 2015
Absolutely awful. Was this a vanity publication? Gave up. This, for me, is not the norm. If I start a book, I normally finish it. This almost finished me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 7, 2015 4:39 PM BST

Sound & Colour
Sound & Colour

5.0 out of 5 stars Tip Top!, 23 April 2015
This review is from: Sound & Colour (Audio CD)
I love this album. Their first had lots of positives but the production was mince. Blake Mills brings magic to the mix. Above all, the music is wonderful, which is enhanced by the production. A happy bunny!!!!

Carousel One
Carousel One

5.0 out of 5 stars Normal service resumes, 1 April 2015
This review is from: Carousel One (Audio CD)
And so normal service resumes. This is an absolute breath of fresh air. The songwriting, production, musicianship. This is up there with his best albums. We can all argue abut the rankings but no one could deny that this is an outstanding set of songs. The album arrived today, I bunged on the headphones, and just wallowed in the man's genius. The songs are outstanding. You don't have to choose. They're all superb. Buy with utter confidence. I am so glad that Ron has reverted to what he does best, after a couple of "different" albums.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3