Profile for Mini > Reviews

Content by Mini

Mini

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
REALMAX® 5 in 1 iPad camera connection kit card reader only for iPad Air /iPad 4 /iPad mini Supports iOS 8 USB SD TF MMC micro SD (For iPad Air iPad 4 and iPad mini)
Offered by REALMAX®-UK

1.0 out of 5 stars poor product, good supplier, 5 Mar. 2016
didn't work at all. The supplier did refund my money but only after I'd jumped through lots of hoops. If you buy be sure to keep all the documentation including original packaging.

The Wild Flower Key (Revised Edition) - How to identify wild plants, trees and shrubs in Britain and Ireland
by Francis Rose

5.0 out of 5 stars good reference, 5 Mar. 2016
Not something to read through, more of a reference and seems very good

Super Legend HD Video Car Dash Vehicle Recorder
Super Legend HD Video Car Dash Vehicle Recorder
Offered by SZDINGYU

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent for the price, 5 Mar. 2016
Works well and was easy to install. Instructions for setting date and time could be better though - I am still trying to get this done. I bought the best SD card I could after advice online and this seems to have paid off - resolution is very good. Not so wonderful at night although it does still work.

SanDisk Ultra 16 GB SDHC Class 10 Memory Card up to 80 Mbps
SanDisk Ultra 16 GB SDHC Class 10 Memory Card up to 80 Mbps

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 5 Mar. 2016
Not much to say, works well and arrived quickly

Three-dimensional Embroidery Stitches (Needlecrafts)
Three-dimensional Embroidery Stitches (Needlecrafts)
by Pat Trott

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend, 5 Mar. 2016
I bought this book on a whim but I am so glad that I did. The instructions are clear and the ideas really good. I was able to follow easily and am very pleased with the results.

Machine Embroidered Woodlands
Machine Embroidered Woodlands
by Alison Holt

2.0 out of 5 stars nice to look at but not much practical advice, 5 Mar. 2016
I had great hopes for this book but, although it is a nice book with good illustrations, I was disappointed in the content. A lot of time is spent telling how to compose a picture, how to take out unwanted elements so as to focus on the subject, how to paint backgrounds etc. This is all fine but not what I was looking for and I expect a lot of others will already know how to do this too. I was looking for specific help with the machine embroidery aspects and I don't think it really gives this. Tell us to use a zig zag stitch that gets smaller towards the bottom to mimic a foxglove flower is all very well but its difficult to do and I had hoped for hints and tips on how to achieve this kind of thing, which are just not given.

The Black Echo (Harry Bosch Book 1)
The Black Echo (Harry Bosch Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this, 30 Oct. 2015
Great book for anyone who likes crime fiction. Read it on holiday and it was a real page turner. I liked the writing style and the story was quite absorbing. Not my usual type of thing but I will look for more by this author.

Backlash (Anna Travis series Book 8)
Backlash (Anna Travis series Book 8)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not her best, 30 Oct. 2015
I read this on holiday as my first try at an e-book. The whole e-book thing worked well on my i-pad and the book was quite a page turner, but a bit stilted in some of the descriptions (if I compare it with 'gone girl' and 'dark echo' which I also read on holiday). Fine for holiday read.

Galápagos Wildlife (Bradt Travel Guides (Wildlife Guides))
Galápagos Wildlife (Bradt Travel Guides (Wildlife Guides))
by David Horwell

3.0 out of 5 stars could do better, 30 Oct. 2015
before my trip this guide looked really good but having travelled to galapagos now I think I could have done better. The fishes, in particular, are quite poorly represented here. I know its not possible to include everything but this is really scant compared to the small guides that could be purchased in any tourist shop in the galapagos - which wasnt a lot of use to me as i didnt get to a tourist shop until nearly the end of my cruise. The book deals with the birds and reptiles pretty well, but is also lacking in terns of plant life. There isnt really a huge amount to cover in terms of common plants so, come on Brandt, try harder.

Traditional Beadwork
Traditional Beadwork
by Eliza McClelland

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 22 July 2015
This review is from: Traditional Beadwork (Hardcover)
Heard Eliza speak about bead embroidery (she is a marvelous speaker) and was inspired to try. Bought the book expecting it to be as inspiring as the author. Unfortunately it is not. The book comes across as quite old fashioned and the suppliers list is of limited value as things have changed so much. Bit of a waste of money.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3