Profile for Book Lover > Reviews

Content by Book Lover

Book Lover (London UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Chained Melodies: Sometimes people - and love - aren't what you expect them to be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Left me sobbing, 11 Aug. 2016
I downloaded this book a while ago along with many others that were offered for free in hopes of conquering my addiction to paper books but no luck. Yesterday I decided to have another go and opened the first 'book' I saw.....

24hrs later and Billie and Tom are forever in my heart and Chained Melodies has joined the list of my all time favourite stories which encompass a spectrum from Helen Van Slyke thru Graham Greene to Solzhenitsyn.

I have several trans friends and have followed their journey thru various stages, I don't know if this made me a more receptive reader or not but I was hooked after the first few pages and will be recommending the book to others. I have no doubt some people will be thrown by the idea of a 'transgender love story' but overcome that, dive in and lose yourself in this well crafted and believable tale which also serves as a primer for folks struggling to understand gender issues.

After this undoubted success I'm going to click on a few more of my e-books, but old-fashioned though it may be, top of wish list is a hard copy of Chained Melodies for my shelf of well thumbed treasured books.

iPad Mini 1/2/3 Screen Protector,Coolreall Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector Film For iPad Mini / iPad Mini 2 / iPad Mini 3 (7.9 Inch) [0.33mm Ultra-Clear 9H Hardness]Transparent

5.0 out of 5 stars The best screen I've used, 2 Feb. 2016
Brilliant product, can't believe how easily, quickly and perfectly it fitted my iPad. I already have the same one on my phone and now I'm buying for the rest of the family.

Scrabble Light with 60 re-usable stickers
Scrabble Light with 60 re-usable stickers

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift, 2 Feb. 2016
These were a gift and very well received by a 22yr old woman. They were intended for home use but have now found a new purpose adorning the set of her new play!

ELMA Men's Touchscreen Texting Winter Nappa leather Gloves lined for Iphone Ipad Smart Phone (M, Black (Wool lining;True to UK Standard Size))
Offered by Sunshine Gloves

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea, 2 Feb. 2016
I bought these as a gift for my husband after seeing them on a friend. It takes a while to get to grips with the touch but it does work. There is slightly less accuracy than using a naked finger but it's not too bad and a small price to pay for warm hands.

Naissance Cold Pressed Castor Oil 100ml - Vegan, Hexane Free, No GMO
Naissance Cold Pressed Castor Oil 100ml - Vegan, Hexane Free, No GMO
Offered by Naissance

3.0 out of 5 stars It worked... Kind of..., 2 Feb. 2016
I bought this to grow my eyebrows back after hearing that it worked for a friend. I have used 1-2 times a day for over a month but far from growing my brows seem to be thinner than before! Will continue a while longer but not confident. On the plus side, I also heard that it's good for zits so when I got one I tried applying the oil and after two days no more blemish.

Stationery Island Chalk Pens W60 6mm Chisel Nib - Wet Wipe Erase Chalk Markers Pack of 8 Colours
Offered by Stationery Island

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, Happy customer, 2 Feb. 2016
Love these pens, easy to use, long lasting and good strong colours. So far not a single one has clogged up or leaked. Great result.

Sugar Free: The Complete Guide to Quit Sugar & Lose Weight Naturally
Sugar Free: The Complete Guide to Quit Sugar & Lose Weight Naturally

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Recommended, 2 Feb. 2016
Rubbish book, a few useable recipes but this is only refined sugar free, not sugar free. If you're going to do it, do it properly.

WENKO 19637100 Free-standing toilet roll holder 2 in 1, Stainless steel, 25.5 x 54 x 18 cm, Shiny
Offered by DX9

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing purchase, 2 Feb. 2016
I bought this item some time ago but never got around to reviewing. It looks like enough and it stores spare rolls BUT it's not easy to pull off the required amount of paper as its too free running and, even more annoyingly, no matter how often I tighten the screw at the base it is always loose and wobbly. Left untightened for a week or so it just falls apart. Overall very disappointing. I am replacing mine with a better one.

Busy B Chalkboard Labels - Black
Busy B Chalkboard Labels - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointing, 30 Dec. 2015
Nice labels but they don't stick well

Tea People Calming Camomile Loose Tea Pack 250 g
Tea People Calming Camomile Loose Tea Pack 250 g

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy customer, 30 Dec. 2015
Good taste, good texture, great value.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5