Profile for Ian Devlin > Reviews

Content by Ian Devlin

Ian Devlin "ilikerock" (Glasgow UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Sony PS4 Console (White)
Sony PS4 Console (White)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars A PS4 collector, 17 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Sony PS4 Console (White) (Console)
"A thing of beauty is a joy forever" as the saying goes. Didn't purchase it from Amazon, but my 2nd PS4 - this glacier white spectacle - arrived yesterday. I plan to collect every iteration of the PS4 as it's my favourite console of them all to date. Little remains to be said about its under-the-hood capabilities. Just fire up a title like Last Of Us Remastered or Destiny and make your own mind up. An incredible console to push the possibilities of gaming into the future.

Destiny Original Soundtrack
Destiny Original Soundtrack

5.0 out of 5 stars Destiny OST, 17 Oct. 2014
This huge (and I do mean huge) score is one of the best things about Destiny. It's the perfect accompaniment to doing a running slide into a Hallowed Knight and offloading your Black Chasma shotgun into its forehead. Dreamy, uplifting, heroic compositions. 44 tracks of dynamic, Vex-slaughtering anthems. Inspirational music to get you pumped up for a visit to the Crucible.

Driveclub (PS4)
Driveclub (PS4)
Offered by Bargain Games UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Stallclub, 14 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Driveclub (PS4) (Video Game)
Bit disappointed with the long-hyped Driveclub. Arrived last Friday (four days ago) and I still haven't managed to get online with it. What's the script with the server issues?! It's just farcical. Don't get me wrong, the cars are great, the driving physics is ultra-realistic and the handful of races I've played so far have been fun. But none of the hyped 'drive as part of a club' thing has materialized. C'mon Sony, sort it out! Dare I say it, Forza Horizon 2 on the XBone has the edge here. At least it works properly!

EDIT: Ok, so I've given this game more of a chance and I have to admit it DOES grow on you and, like another reviewer said, it becomes more addictive. Thanks to numerous server issues (cheers, PSN!) online play has been rare and unstable all week, so offline has been the name of the game, and, in this mode, Driveclub holds its own. Even added another star to my initial review. Seriously, give it a chance.

Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry
Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry

5.0 out of 5 stars Life-changing, 24 Sept. 2014
I read this, took the exam, passed first time and became a 33rd Degree Freemason! Result! Now I'm a high-ranking member of the Illuminati who gets the best seat next to the tea urn at the annual Bilderberg meetings right next to Prince Phillip and David Cameron. We're plotting to collapse the remaining economies of the world and usher in our Satanic One-World Government, One-World Religion (i.e. Luciferianism, of course) and One-World Currency in time for Christmas. So excited! Up until now I've only ever stacked the shelves at Lidl! Now I'm on the design team for the '666' mark of the beast which will be rolled out worldwide at the start of 2015. I'm finally on a decent wage too. Seriously, get yourself freemasoned up. The Illuminati will sort you out with a suit & tie and you can go to work being an evil despot bringing the human race to its knees and worshipping the devil. Just remember to give plenty of notice if you work at Lidl. I didn't and they docked me £56 for my last week.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 8, 2015 7:41 PM GMT

Strange Beautiful Music: A Musical Memoir
Strange Beautiful Music: A Musical Memoir

3.0 out of 5 stars A Musical Memoir, 24 Sept. 2014
Was a little underwhelmed by Satch's book, although I enjoyed all the stuff he talked about. This is mainly all about recording each of his albums; what gear was used, inspiration behind the songs etc. I enjoyed other players recounting their experiences with Joe. A decent read if you're a Satch fan but nothing really memorable.

ZedLabz pro gold plated 3M extra long USB charging charger play cable lead for Sony PS4 Controller [Playstation 4] - Lifetime Warranty
Offered by ZedLabz-outlet

5.0 out of 5 stars 3M charge/play cable, 24 Sept. 2014
An excellent item. The cable supplied with the PS4 is way too short for simultaneous playing and charging. This cable lets you charge and play your DS4 controller from across the room! Sweet. 10/10

STEEL PANTHER Men's All You Can Eat Short Sleeve T-Shirt, Black, X-Large
STEEL PANTHER Men's All You Can Eat Short Sleeve T-Shirt, Black, X-Large
Offered by LoudclothingUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Ten extra-sausage went to Shady Oak Drive, 24 Sept. 2014
..I'm lucky that I left there alive!!

You'll need this t-shirt to win at life. It's that simple. 10/10

And remember; everybody knows it's ten strikes, you're out!

The Last Of Us Remastered - Day 1 Edition (PS4)
The Last Of Us Remastered - Day 1 Edition (PS4)

5.0 out of 5 stars The 'giraffe' scene will stay with you for a long time., 24 Sept. 2014
This is my third attempt at writing a review of this wonderful game but I think I'm going to have to let you decide for yourself how incredible it is. Let me just say that, in your career as a gamer, you'll play a handful of games which forever occupy a special place in your heart. This is one of those games. For under £30 it's a steal considering the game you're getting for your money! There are games out there at £50+ which aren't fit to wipe the dust particles from Last Of Us Remastered's disc. An essential part of your PS4 game library.

Destiny (PS4)
Destiny (PS4)

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST-iny, 10 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Destiny (PS4) (Video Game)
Insane FPS! The multiplayer is jaw-droppingly slick and the campaign is challenging, engaging and entertaining to say the least. Could this be the best PS4 title available to date? Chances are that it is. Played the alpha and the beta, then had to endure a month or so of NO Destiny until it was released. But now it is!! This is as essential to the PS4 as its plug. What are you waiting for? See you in The Crucible.

Forza Motorsport 5 (Xbox One)
Forza Motorsport 5 (Xbox One)
Offered by Game Trade Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Forza 5, 8 Sept. 2014
Extremely addictive racer. Downloaded all 40gb of this for FREE during weekend 6th & 7th Sep due to Xbox Live Gold special offer. Hadn't intended to buy it, but seeing as it was free (and I've played Forza 4 on the 360) I decided to give it a punt. I'm glad that I did. Forza 5 is superb. Graphics are excellent, but it's the driving physics which the game studio has really nailed. This is one step closer to driving a McLaren 12C in full chrome finish (yes, you can opt for this if you have enough XP/tokens..) Career side of the game is fun, but the free play is my favourite, as you can basically drive any of the cars on any of the tracks against AI drivers at any difficulty level you choose. Multiplayer is great, but I skidded miles out of control right at the starting grid and looked like a right Herbert. Excellent early XBone title. One star off due to the con of having to purchase tokens to basically unlock some of the hypercars (and the shocking load times... Really?!)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6