Profile for Rain-Dancer > Reviews

Content by Rain-Dancer

Rain-Dancer (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Laptop and Notebook Cooling Pad,OUTAD 15.6"-17" Ultra Slim Portable Laptop Cooler Cooling Pad with 5 Fans and Blue LED Laptop Cooler, 2 USB Ports for Gamers and Office
Offered by GetBeauty-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Does a great job, but best for 15" or less., 16 Oct. 2017
Received this today, and its currently cooling my laptop as I write. As a cooler you can really feel it working, and unlike my other much older and very noisy cooler, I can actually feel the breeze from this one when it's going full blast. Even at full speed it's quiet, which is a bonus. I haven't tested it while gaming yet, but will update this review as to how it coped when I do.

It's well made and the blue lights make this a nice looking cooler too,

I would have given it 5 stars except.....fits 17" is pushing it just slightly. My laptop perches on it, and to be fair only slightly overhangs on the sides (and back), but more accurate might be that you can use it with a 17" laptop, but it fits the same way you could probably squeeze your feet into a shoe size too small. I think it's ok, but I'm still being careful. Also there is a triangular flap at the front to stop your laptop sliding. Great idea and would probably work perfectly on 15" or less, but if your laptop is designed not perfectly flat at the front (the top is flat while the bottom tapers up into a sort of flat headed triangle on mine, and same is true for my old laptop as well) be careful, as if accidentally knocked or pulled the laptop could easily slide straight over the top of the flap. The idea could work with a 17", but the flap would need to be higher than it is.

As far as being a cooler goes, I can't fault this, and highly recommend if your laptop is 15" or less, but if you have a 17"laptop like me, please be aware of the above points.

Diprobase Eczema Dry Skin Emolient Cream, 500 g
Diprobase Eczema Dry Skin Emolient Cream, 500 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective for eczema, 17 Sept. 2017
I suffer from dry eczema. both allergy and stress induced,and when it flares up this is the most effective cream I've found so far to treat it, and the fastest one for healing and restoring the skin as well.

It does have a slight cream/medicinal smell to it which other creams like Doublebase and E45 Intensive don't, but for me they also won't touch a bad flare up. In fact E45 Intensive even caused a burning sensation the last time I used it on red (but not broken), eczema irritated skin , whereas this cream soothes and does help, and it's a mild smell (nobody except me even seems to have noticed) and it's certainly much better than sore, inflammed, dry, & itchy skin. It's moisturising effect seems to last longer before needing to be reapplied than the other creams I've tried too.

Note: it is designed to moisturise and heal, it's not an anti itch cream, and while I find it often relieves mild itching by relieving the dryness after application anyway, it doesn't help for intense itching, so occasionally during my worst flare ups where my whole skin felt like sand paper on fire , I have used hydrocortizone creams to relieve the itching alongside it, but this cream still did most of the work. Also I wouldn't use it as a soap substitute. If you need a cream alternative to soap as well, then for safety use a cream designed and advertised as such, for example Aqueous cream, Diprobase recommends you do not use in bath or while on other slippery surfaces, because if it gets on them it will make them extra slippery. Personally I find Diprobase more effective in general, but Aqueous still very helpful and effective as a soap substitute, and as with the hydrocortizon, I've used both creams alongside each other to deal with flare ups when necessary.

The only problem with the pump dispenser version of this used to be getting the pump to open to dispense the cream in the first place, but they seem to have taken note of others mentioning this and fixed it recently as the last few I've gotten twist open easily.

Overall highly recommended :)

Ducktales
Ducktales

5.0 out of 5 stars Life is like a hurricane......, 16 Sept. 2017
This review is from: Ducktales (MP3 Download)
A childrens show theme song has no business being so catchy :p But seriously, this is a fantastic metal/rock cover of this recently relaunched shows theme, listen and get it stuck in your head too! :D

Inventor 12L Portable Dehumidifier with Silent mode, Digital control panel, Continuous Dehumidification, Auto Restart, Care with 2-Year Warranty

5.0 out of 5 stars Little but fixed a serious damp problem, 27 July 2017
Despite a slight hiccup when I first got it, this is a great little dehumidifier. My room had a damp problem & when mould started returning for the second time, I decided I had to do something. After the first 24 hour period the humidity of the room was down to within normal levels, after starting out at 78 (should be between 40-50 with 45 being ideal) . Now it's maintaining the humidity level in the 40s and the difference in the air is brilliant, and no more damp smell.

It's also easy to move around and no heavier than your average vaccum if you have to pick it up (it has wheels but I had to lift mine properly to carry it upstairs,)

It only extracts 12 litres if you have the hose attached (which they say is not included but mine came with a tube to connect it in the bucket) the bucket only holds 2 litres but it's not really an issue. To begin with I had to empty it twice a day, but now its reduced the humidity to the correct level it can go a full day and night before needing emptying.

As to whether its suitable in a bedroom, that depends on your individual noise sensitivity and how deeply or not you sleep. On normal mode it makes about the same noise as a regular fan. Silent mode is more like quiet mode, the sound of the fan is softer but still audible. I used to have a table fan running in my bedroom at night because of the high humidity., just to make the room feel a bit cooler, as a result I desensitised to the fan, even on full blast,. This dehumidifier is a lot quieter and I sleep ok with it running, even without the quiet mode. Others may not. Although I'm not sure there's any such thing as a completely silent dehumidifier.

if you need to use it in the bedroom and are noise sensitive, maybe have it running in another room for the initial 24 hour run, them move it to the bedroom but only run it during the day, it'll still reduce humidity overall, just slightly less efficiently.

Also the slight issue I had with mine was easily fixed and not the units fault. Basically part of the instructions tell you to pull the bucket out and put it back in before running it for the first time , but when I tried the bucket was stuck and would only come out part way (and I wasn't going to force it in case it broke). Seller was really helpful and I had been advised to contact the support team, but tried the bucket one last time and happened to look through the grill and noticed there was a gap between the filter and the top, and the grooves for the filter went up a lot higher than the filter was actually positioned. I wriggled the bucket out enough that I could get my fingers inside, got my hands under the filter, and managed to shove it back up to the correct position. The bucket came out smoothly after that and didn't catch at all, so if you have similar issues, check the filter hasn't slipped in transport ;)

Filter has stayed in place since, and no other issues at all. Brilliant little dehumidifier. :)

Women's Bang Teen Titans Raven Array T-shirt XL Black
Women's Bang Teen Titans Raven Array T-shirt XL Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Generous fit, great t-shirt, 15 July 2016
Top is great fit,, size 14 for tops and ordered a large but could comfortably have fit into medium (but depends on if you like your t-shirts loose fitting or not). Colours and top as pictured. Great for Teen Titan and Raven fans :)

The Hippy Clothing Co. Hooded Top - Rainbow Stripes On Pocket And Sleeve M/L Black
Offered by The Hippy Clothing Co

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty & colourful, 15 July 2016
Beautiful, colourful top I am size 14 up top and ordered the M/L as the larger size is unavailable (at least in the colours I chose), but it fits well, and is very comfortable. Very happy with this top :)

Shopoholic Fashion Rainbow striped ladies Tank Top,colourful hippy womens top (l)
Offered by SHOPOHOLIC FASHION

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, colourful vest top, 15 July 2016
Fun, colourful vest top. I did read the reviews carefully before buying as I vary between 12 & 14 for top size and was worried that some people found they ran small. I decided to go for large in the end (rather than XL) and the top fits perfectly and is very comfortable, Recommended

Wolf & Harte Womens/Ladies Hooded Dandelion & Rabbit Design Fleece Dressing Gown/Robe (Large) (Navy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm & comfortable, 18 Jun. 2016
Beautiful design and very soft and warm to wear.

In the Dark of the Night
In the Dark of the Night

5.0 out of 5 stars Great metal cover, 18 Jun. 2016
Jonathon Young does metal and rock covers of all kinds of music, all of them are great if you love metal/rock and this cover of the villain song from Anastasia is one of my favourites :)

Tonsee® Dog Blanket Pet Cushion Dog Cat Bed Soft Warm Sleep Mat (Blue)
Tonsee® Dog Blanket Pet Cushion Dog Cat Bed Soft Warm Sleep Mat (Blue)
Offered by Tonsee®

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for inside of carrier., 18 Jun. 2016
Nice little bed and provides great cushioning and fits perfectly into my cats carrier, although possibly would be big for a normal cat carrier, as my cats carrier is actually meant for a small dog (I found normal cat carriers pretty cramped for space even though my cat is not an especially big cat and prefer him to be able to stand normally and turn around freely without bumping into the sides if he wants too, which the dog carrier has space to allow).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4