Profile for Charles Collins > Reviews

Charles Collins

JVL Ford Focus MK2 2005 - 2011 Fully Tailored 4 Piece Car Mat Set with 2 Clips
JVL Ford Focus MK2 2005 - 2011 Fully Tailored 4 Piece Car Mat Set with 2 Clips

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good Quality, 19 Feb. 2017
For a cheap set of mats, I have to say I was impressed. I have had these fitted for 6-8 months and they still look in really good condition. Usually cheap mats start to bunch up after some time but these haven't yet.

Ford 1357238 ISOfix Mounting Kit for Childseats 2004 Onwards for Focus
Ford 1357238 ISOfix Mounting Kit for Childseats 2004 Onwards for Focus

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job but instructions would be a nice touch, 19 Feb. 2017
I bought this to fit to my Focus MK2. Fitting was easy (for me, but probably not for a novice), and I appreciate this is a Ford part so the non inclusion of instructions is expected as it would be expected that Ford technicians fit it.

I do think though that if Ford do choose to sell on Amazon, they should appreciate it won't be a technician fitting and should include even some basic instructions. Although fitting instructions are easily found on Youtube.

Berghaus Women's Essential Long Sleeve Crew Baselayer - Black, Size 10
Berghaus Women's Essential Long Sleeve Crew Baselayer - Black, Size 10

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Feb. 2017
As Expected

Linksys Velop Tri-Band AC4400 Modular True Whole Home Wi-Fi Mesh System (Works with Amazon Alexa) - Pack of 2

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good, 19 Feb. 2017
I have to say, I was skeptical about these and after running them, am blown away.
I have a relatively high end VDSL router at home which has Wireless AC1900 and I get a respectable sync speed of 78Mb Down and 11 Up. Over my VDSL router, I used to receive 32Mb/s over wifi, 2 rooms away and after setting these two nodes up, even two rooms away through stone walls I am speedtesting around 68Mb. Seriously good.
Internal network wise transfer, without measuring speeds, is equally as fast as it is directly over USB.
Coverage wise, I see 3 full bars throughout the house.

Setup was unbelievably easy through the app. Somebody with no experience whatsoever would easily set these nodes up.

The one gripe I have about these is the price, £349 is very steep, but after unboxing these, the packaging is cleverly laid out and there is no doubt that this is a premium product. The power lead are of a similar quality to other premium manufacturers and I have to say they do look very good. The LED indicator on the top is handy but without lighting up the room like a christmas tree.

I have rated this as a 4 star, performance wise, would have absolutely no problem giving a 6/5, they are really that good. It is just the price tag, it is a bit steep, even for a premium product!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P AMD ATX Socket AM3+
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P AMD ATX Socket AM3+
Offered by Computer Technology Est 1992 - Next Day Delivery Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 13 Jan. 2013
Although the support list doesn't say it supports the 8 core pile-drivers, I am running an FX 8320 on this with 16GB ram and an OCZ agility 3 SSD with a 2GB 6950. Absolutely flies on windows 8, couldn't complain, was easy to set up and the board is nicely laid out. Play any game with no lag. Extremely pleased and amazons deliver estimations were perfect. Definitely a decent upgrade from my M68MT-S2!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 14, 2014 7:58 PM BST