Profile for C. Miller > Reviews

Content by C. Miller

C. Miller "Cham" (London)

PERSONALISED EMBROIDERED DELUXE CHRISTMAS STOCKING WITH NAME ST1
PERSONALISED EMBROIDERED DELUXE CHRISTMAS STOCKING WITH NAME ST1
Offered by 1stclassgifts

4.0 out of 5 stars The quality of the material isn't brilliant, but they are a nice size and the ..., 21 Oct. 2014
I needed 3 personalised stockings and decided to take a chance with these. The quality of the material isn't brilliant, but they are a nice size and the seller put the names on for me.

Extra Coarse Blue Micro Mineral Replacement Rollers for Micro Pedi (4 pack)
Extra Coarse Blue Micro Mineral Replacement Rollers for Micro Pedi (4 pack)
Offered by The Pedi Store.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... of rollers for my micro pedi and was rather annoyed that the official replacements were so expensive - £10+ ..., 8 July 2014
I ran out of rollers for my micro pedi and was rather annoyed that the official replacements were so expensive - £10+ for 2. I came across these, which were better value for money, so I thought I would give them a go.

Quality wise, the finish isn't as good as the official rollers, but they do the job I need them to do. I've only just started using the rollers, so I don't know how long they will last, but I suspect they will be better value than the official rollers.

Overall, am very pleased with these.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars a cheap alternative, 12 Jun. 2014
I've used oral b toothbrushes for years, but I found the replacement heads getting more and more expensive, plus they always seemed to be out of stock in my local high street shops.

I came accross these on Amazon and thought I'd give them a go because they were so cheap. This is the second pack I've bought and am pleased with them.

They aren't as good quality as the oral b ones. The bristles are much softer and I find that the bristles loose their shape much quicker than the oral b ones. One of my children managed to snap one of them, which never happened with my oral b ones.

Despite that, they are a good bargain buy - they are £1 each, compared to £5 each for the oral b ones. They aren't built to last, but as you are supposed to replace the heads every 3 months anyway, these will just about last long enough.

Schwinn Roadster 12" Retro Tricycle
Schwinn Roadster 12" Retro Tricycle
Offered by Webbasket

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality, 18 Feb. 2013
I bought this trike for my 2.5 year old son and he loves it.

I wanted something that wasn't going to fall apart after a few weeks and this is very sturdy. The low centre of gravity means that it won't topple over easily and my son feels safe whizzing around it on. It has an adjustable seat, so it will grow with him. It also has a bell, which he loves.

The only minor issue, is that it doesn't have brakes, but he is too young for them anyway, so it isn't a problem.

We took this to the park recently and we had loads of comments from other parents about what a great looking bike it was.

I would definitely recommend this.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, but expensive and I can't get it to turn the kindle on., 27 Oct. 2012
Most of the kindle covers I'd seen in the shops looked cheap and weren't very nice. I was drawn to this Belkin case as its lovely and the colour (red) is fab. Its also available in black and cream.

The low-down
The case does add bulk to the kindle, but it is fairly light-weight.

It is supposed to turn on your kindle automatically when you open the case, but you have to put the kindle in the case upside down, so the buttons are on the bottom rather than the top.

I haven't really used the stand yet, but I have tried it and it seems to work well.

I wouldn't be confident that this cover would offer the kindle much protection if you dropped the kindle whilst the cover was open. If you are clumsy or you have children that would use the kindle, I wouldn't get this case, I would go for something that could offer it more protection.

Flymo Vision Compact 330 1500W Advanced Grass Collecting Electric Hover Lawn Mower (Old Version)

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy with this product, 28 Jun. 2009
This is the first lawnmower I've bought, so I don't have much to compare it against. This is a replacement of the Qualcast Elan, which I had to return twice.

I thought this lawn mower was great. Its lightweight and made easy work of my lawn - it was turf and being cut for the first time. The grass was quite high, as it was 6 weeks old, so it was always going to be a difficult job.

Good points
Lightweight
Easy to manouvre
Folds up for storage
Easy to assemble
Handy storage for the cable

Bad points
Doesn't suck up all the grass
Didn't really compact the grass very well
You have to unwind the whole cable before you can use it, which defeats the purpose
Window box is pointless, as grass sticks to it and so you can't see in it, so you end up opening the hatch anyway

Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo DS)
Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Frostfall Games S.à r.l

4.0 out of 5 stars Loving Animal Crossing, 8 Oct. 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I've only had my DS for just under a month and Animal Crossing was one of the first games I bought.

From reading over reviews, most people either love it, or hate it. At the moment, I'm loving it, although I can see how people get fed up of it (in that case, put it down for a couple of months and then go back to it).

The crux of the game (so far):

You arrive in your town (which you get to name) and then have your own house. You can decorate your house, buy clothes and go shopping (you can buy random things like gas masks, urinals and kayaks - the selection changes all the time). Do do this, you can earn money through digging up fossils, catching bugs and fishing.

As I've said, I'm new to the game, but am totally addicated at the moment. When I get fed up, I'll leave it for a couple of weeks and go back to it when I want.

Nintendo DS Lite Handheld Console (Black)
Nintendo DS Lite Handheld Console (Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars Females and Comuters, 8 Oct. 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Nintendo are really trying to sell their DS to females and comuters (I'm female and a comuter). Having seen the DS advertised on the tube, I was keen on researching them to see if I would like it.

I haven't really played computer games since I was about 13 and I must say, its really come along way since then (I'm now 28).

Firstly, the DS lite is a lovely small size and fits nicely into your handband. In fact, its much smaller than a book. I love playing my DS on the tube it really makes the time fly by. Normally, on the tube, I read a book or listen to my ipod, so its a nice change to be able to do something different.

The games for the DS are great. My initial concern about getting a DS would be that the games were for males children. I'm not really into sports and fighting games but there are loads of games out and I'm sure you will find something you like. YOu can do puzzle games or even manage your own town, so games have come along way since the traditional view of games.

This review is written from the view of a female so it might not be helpful for everyone, but if you are thinking if getting a DS - I recommend it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 18, 2008 10:24 AM BST