Profile for B. Salmon > Reviews

Content by B. Salmon

B. Salmon (Hampshire, England)

High gain indoor DAB radio aerial with screw on F type connector + free right angle adaptor

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb item, 20 Sept. 2012
Brought one of these to see if it helped improve the digital reception as I live in a bad signal area. It does exactly what it claims, I'm so pleased! It produces a better signal than my boosted house hold aerial. Shame it can't improve the TV reception...

Classic G.I. Joe Volume 4: v. 4
Classic G.I. Joe Volume 4: v. 4
by Larry Hama

4.0 out of 5 stars The continuing adventures of certain American Heros, 24 Aug. 2009
G.I. Joe has recently been seen gracing our cinema screens but this is where it all started. Well... the 4th volume of where it all started.

Continuing the reprinting of the original 1980's comic series, this volume includes the débuts of some new Joe's, new vehicles (that appeared in shops at the same time, ahh... that's marketing for you!) and some great stories ending on a great cliff hanger!

Although the artwork may look a little dated by today's standards its still bright and clean making it a excellent read.

Here's looking forward to the rest of the series.

Ms. Marvel Volume 6: Ascension Premiere HC
Ms. Marvel Volume 6: Ascension Premiere HC
by Brian Reed

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I expected..., 24 Aug. 2009
I have been a fan of this new series of Ms. Marvel since the beginning and enjoyed all previous 5 volumes. When I came to this volume though, I'm not sure how I feel about it.

The stories are confusing, but this may just be because the stories are far in advance of what is currently released in the Marvel Collectors editions that Panini Comics release every month, and the art work is just, in my opinion, not as good as it has been.

I do recommend, if you have the other volumes, to get this as it does fill in some bits about Ms. Marvels pre super hero back ground and hopefully in time the stories will make more sense. I just wouldn't start collecting the series here, go back and start at the beginning.

Transformers: Beast Wars: The Gathering
Transformers: Beast Wars: The Gathering
by Simon Furman

5.0 out of 5 stars A welcome return!, 4 Oct. 2006
Well what can I say this doesn't disappoint. I found the first issue of this in London and since then have been dying to read the rest of the story, and I'm glad I did. All the characters shown and brilliantly drawn and very true to the toys. The storyline is fantastic and although it takes place during the time of the original 'Beast Wars' it doesn't cross over and change anything that we know and love, yet... There are hints all the way though this is just the start and I hope it is. A brilliant read for all fans of the Transformers!