Profile for Harry755 > Reviews

Harry755 (Birmingham UK)

Fat Cat's Christmas Kate Smiley Xmas Card Pack
Fat Cat's Christmas Kate Smiley Xmas Card Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars "Superginge", 7 Jan. 2012
I bought this for my sister who loves it, I sent the rest to other relatives and most of them contacted me to say how delightful the cards are and to ask me where I got them from. I think the cards are charming and would be suitable for anyone not joust cat lovers.

Get Your Sting & Blackout - Live 2011
Get Your Sting & Blackout - Live 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars As good as ever, 14 Dec. 2011
I purchased this via Amazon Germany and though expensive it was well worth it. I had hoped " Lorelei " would be on on this CD but that is a minor quibble. The conversation between tracks is in German { naturally ] but is a little bit of a nuisance if don't speak German
This a fine professional album made by musicians who know what their audience want and give it to them. You get nothing innovative Just the pounding ,rousing hard rock that is their trademark, The vocals are a little indistinct on the opening track "ladies and Gentlemen" but this soon put right.I can't give you a high point as there are so many! This is a highly enjoyable listen which hasn't been issued in the UK which is strange

Wasting Light
Wasting Light

1.0 out of 5 stars A real disappointment, 24 April 2011
This review is from: Wasting Light (Audio CD)
As a 50something I have loved many "rock" over the last 40 years and I thought Dave Grohl could do no wrong but then i heard this. The music feels poorly mixed and seems to more a poor example of "thrash" than a shining light of "hard rock". It seems to be loud for the point of being loud rather than to showcase the lyrics. The lyrics ( when I could make them out ) seemed to be a little trite . I might be harsh saying this as I lost interest about half way through. I look forward to their next offering as I don't think they can be as bad again'
At least there is a new album from "UFO" in the pipeline.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 7, 2012 1:27 AM BST

Existence
Existence
Offered by Springwood Media

5.0 out of 5 stars "Sound Surround", 15 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Existence (Audio CD)
I had not heard any of their music before I got this album but now I'm really pleased I took the plunge. The first thing I noticed was that the music came at me from all directions, a truly expansive sound. The use of several instruments give this an orchestral feel. There seems to be a hint of 'Arcade Fire' and a smidgeon of 'Kasabian' allied with a barrel load of originality, this makes a potent mix! I recommend this to all those who wish to be wowed!

The Art Of Shaving Shaving Cream - Lemon 150ml
The Art Of Shaving Shaving Cream - Lemon 150ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleasing, 10 Mar. 2010
I came across this product more by accident than by design, I didn't believe it could be as good as the other reviewers have said, actually it is! The scent is not overpowering and the cream left my skin feeling invigorated after a very close, comfortable shave. I;m converted.

Wilkinson Sword Quattro Titanium Energy Razor
Wilkinson Sword Quattro Titanium Energy Razor

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 9 Mar. 2010
I have used "Wilkinson Diamond Protector" for several years and been pleased with it, But this is inferior in that it has too be cleaned several times during every shave. I would only recommend it if you have plenty of time. If you do have time it gives a very close shave. I will continue to use this razor when I have the time.

Churchill China Cath Kidston, Breakfast Cockerel Crush Mug
Churchill China Cath Kidston, Breakfast Cockerel Crush Mug

5.0 out of 5 stars Enormous, 3 Mar. 2010
This is the first "Churchill" mug I've bought but it wont be my last! Despite the huge size it keeps the coffee hotter for much longer than other mugs I've got and for some reason {unknown to me} the coffee tastes better than I've ever made before. I don't think I'm getting better at it and it"s the same brand i always use so it must be the mug?