Profile for KAS-1 > Reviews

Content by KAS-1

KAS-1

Lexar Professional Multi-Card Dual Slot USB 3.0 (500 MB/s) Memory Card Reader - Black
Offered by MyMemory

5.0 out of 5 stars Right tool for the job, 30 Mar. 2014
Not much to say about this other than it does exactly what you want it to, I just wish I had bought this years ago, my reason being that I have probably spent four times the cost of this professional reader on inferior, slower card readers that ultimately fail.
So to sum up this card read is neat, compact, well built and a great read speed.

Kingston Technology 64 GB USB 2.0 DataTraveler SE9H Flash Drive with Metal Casing

4.0 out of 5 stars Large storage, in a small package., 8 Mar. 2014
Lots of storage, just a little slow on the read/write speeds. Well built great steel case big loop so you can carry it on your keys.

HDMI KING 1.8M (6ft) Imperial Series 240hz+ HDMI Cable v1.4 Gold Plated, Double Insulated

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 8 Mar. 2014
What can you say, very sturdy cable, really well built, the connectors are quite big. Great cable for the price.

Joby GorillaPod SLR-Zoom Tripod for SLR Cameras with Ballhead
Joby GorillaPod SLR-Zoom Tripod for SLR Cameras with Ballhead
Offered by TT WARES

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful Piece of Kit, 26 Feb. 2013
I bought this like many other people specifically to take on holiday, I wanted something lightweight and very compact take to on safari with one specific purpose, I want to take pictures of star trails and needed something to hold the camera for several hours. As this is not until later in the year I will update on how it performed.
But since it arrived last week I have used it twice already, not only does it hold the camera securely, although if you set the legs too wide it did begin to splay with the weight of the DSLR Canon 50D with 50mm lens soon remedied this by putting the legs in a more upright position.

The Ball Head is a great feature once the tripod has settled use the ball head to compose the shot, I don’t know if this is indicative of all Gorillapod’s but I found that I had to frame the shot a little higher that needed to allow for a small amount of sag.

It also makes an excellent Flash support and I also found that I can take the ball head off and use it on my monopod winner.

Pros: Versatility and flexibility and light weight.

Cons: Not as sturdy as a full blown tripod, but that’s not what I bought it for.

Neewer® TC-80N3 Digital Timer Remote Control Shutter Release Controller for Canon EOS1V / 31D / 1Ds / 1DSMark II / 1Ds Mark III / 1D Mark II / 1Ds Mark III / 7D / 5D MARK II / 10D / 20D / 30D / 40D / 50D / 5D / D60 / D50

5.0 out of 5 stars 3rd Time Lucky!, 27 Jan. 2013
This is third time I have bought one of these 2 from a well-known auction site neither of which worked at all, and I had to jump through hoop to return them.
So it was with some reservation that I ordered another on Amazon, but I needn't worry this one turned up and worked perfectly straight out of the box it does exactly what it should with no fuss.
So if you want a very cheap alternative to the very expensive genuine Canon one this is it, yes it not built out of the same plastic as the Canon one and the jog-wheel feels a little flimsy but treat it with a little care and it will last for years hopefully, at one tenth the cost.
Very Pleased.

TeckNet® New iPad 4, iPad 3 & iPad 2 Premium Folio Genuine Leather Case / Cover and Flip Stand & Magnetic Auto-Sleep For New Apple iPad 4rd Generation, iPad 3 & iPad 2 - Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value for the Money, 14 Dec. 2012
What can I say about this Ipad 4 retina case it does exactly what it should.
I bought this particular case not just because it’s a great price but mainly because I bought one of their case before for the Kindle and it’s is super quality and is still going strong a year later and with daily use it still looks like new, so I expected the same with the case for the Ipad 4 retina, and wasn’t disappointed, great fit easy access for all the controls and the automatic shut off works fine.
One thing I’m not sure about is whether it actual leather or faux leather, but it still looks good all the same.

Manfrotto 680B 4 Section Monopod Black
Manfrotto 680B 4 Section Monopod Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Manfrotto Mono Pod, 6 Nov. 2011
I bought this to carry instead of my heavier Manfrotto tripod, so I knew what the quality would be like and I wasn't disappointed, the finish is excellent, the operation very easy and build superb, it one of those items when you first pick it up just feel right.
It's also light yet very sturdy, the 1/4 -3/8 spring loaded fixing screw is a great little feature, I was a little concerned about the height as I am 6' 3". But I find it's OK.The camera/head platform is much larger than I thought it would be which is a good thing as it supports the camera without putting any strain on the cameras housing. The foam rubber handle also makes it comfortable to hold and gives excellent grip also.
All in all an excellent product from Manfrotto.

Panasonic Lumix TZ8 Digital Camera - Black (12.1MP, 12x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Travel Compact Camera, 7 Aug. 2010
I had read many reviews before hand and there seemed to be differing opinions, the one thing that everybody agreed about was don't buy the later TZ10 unless you can find some way to recharge the battery every three hour the GPS uses power at a phenomenal rate, so I bought the TZ8 camera for my farther to take with him on a tour of the great parks of America, I had to make sure that it would deliver the goods, now I like to think of myself as an enthusiastic armature photographer and take photos with my Canon DSLR most every week, I have spent a small fortune on cameras, now I'm wondering why! yes I know a compact camera can't do everything a DSLR can, but the TZ8 comes close to being the perfect travel companion, the Intelligent auto is superb and seem to work very well, there are lots of manual setting too if you need them, the build quality is high and it feel nice in the hand with a solid feel to selector dial, also it has the added bonus of the 12x zoom. if I had to be picky there are a couple of niggles it's the same with most compacts the flash is only useful for a bit of fill-flash but with the TZ8 there is no view finder, which only becomes an issue in really bright sunlight and you can't see the screen. but all you really need to know is, does it take a good picture, well in my opinion yes in a direct comparison to my DSLR the results are very good the colours are bright and fresh the contrast is good and the pictures are sharp and clear. Overall I would give I would give it 9/10.

Information:
I also bought a 16GB SDHC card to go with it, used at the highest image quality you can take just over 3000 shots.