Profile for P Shaw > Reviews

Content by P Shaw

P Shaw

Page: 1 | 2
iPhone 4 4S Case by 32nd Shockproof Heavy Duty Defender Tough Shell Cover Suitable for Apple iPhone 4 4S - White
Offered by 32ndShop

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for the price., 2 Oct. 2014
For £2.99 this is fantastic. There are no doubt better quality cases on the market, but it protects the phone well and was very cheap. Excellent.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Small fitting but a great shoe for the money, 2 Sept. 2014
I always take a size 11 shoe, but this shoe is a small fitting and I will need a 12. Obviously not used them yet as I'm awaiting the new size to be delivered, but the shoes look ok apart from the sizings being a little off.
*****REVIEW AMENDED******
I now have the size 12 and these shoes are excellent value for the money. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a first pair of cycle shoes. Although it didn't say in the description, an added bonus is that the velcro strap opens outwards so it is ok to leave the shoe on the pedal to help at transition if doing a triathlon. Couldn't be happier so far.

Aqua Sphere K180 Tinted Goggle - Black/Red
Aqua Sphere K180 Tinted Goggle - Black/Red
Offered by gute Angebote Alltag

3.0 out of 5 stars Good goggles but scratch easily, 26 Jun. 2014
I bought these mainly because they were advertised as goggles that do not leak or fog up at all. They fogged slightly in the pool, but on race day when I needed them to perform most, they were great. No leaking, no fogging and they were comfortable. Not the cheapest, but not the most expensive, so overall good value.

****REVIEW AMENDED****
Took these goggles on holiday and on the beach etc and they became very scratched to the point that I can no longer see out of them. I wasn't particularly careful with them, but didn't abuse them either - just normal wear and tear of being inside a bag etc proved too much. If you buy these then I advise to keep in the case and only use in the pool as the slightest contact with the sand on the beach caused significant damage.

Mens Performance Triathlon Suit - Large - Trisuit with pockets - UV protective Italian Fabric with zip for cooling for swimming cycling and running with stylish design
Offered by Runderwear

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic suit for the price, 26 Jun. 2014
I didn't want to spend a lot on my first tri-suit as there was a good chance it would never be used again after my first (and possibly last!!) event. I saw this and bought it mainly due to the price. I wore it on a training ride and then for the race itself and I was really impressed with it. It fit very well - the sizings were spot on. It was also very comfortable on all stages of the race. It was easy to get on and off, easy to get the wetsuit on and off over it. The legs have the rubber strips at the bottom to stop it riding up which worked well. The padding was spot on - enough so that I was comfortable on the ride, but it didn't seem to hold water and on the run I didn't feel the padding at all. The rear pockets were ideal for holding gels during the bike section. Overall, and especially for the price, I can't fault it at all. Very pleased with it - well, apart from the obvious fact that men of my age shouldn't wear lycra!!!

SIGNATURE Adults Full Length Wetsuit - Mens Womens Unisex (Blue, L)
SIGNATURE Adults Full Length Wetsuit - Mens Womens Unisex (Blue, L)
Offered by Two Bare Feet

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic wetsuit for the price, 26 Jun. 2014
As it was my first triathlon I needed a wetsuit for the open water swim but I didn't want to spend a lot, in case it ended up being my last!! From reading about other suits there are ones specially designed for various types of water sport, depending on what you need them for, and you can spend several hundred pounds. If, like me, you want a basic suit at a good price then I can't fault this one at all. It was comfortable with no chafing anywhere. It was easy to remove during transition. It was easy to swim in and didn't restrict my arm movement at all. It was more buoyant than I expected. Overall, I was really pleased with it and would recommend it to anyone looking for a good value wetsuit.

Tranz X Tri Bar - Black
Tranz X Tri Bar - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 8 April 2014
This review is from: Tranz X Tri Bar - Black (Sports)
I looked at quite a few different bars before I settled on these. There are far more expensive bars out there but these do exactl;y what I want. They were easy to set up and are very comfortable. Can't see the need to pay any more - great value.

Tenn-Outdoors Men's Coolflo Short Sleeve Cycling Jersey - Yellow/Black, Large
Tenn-Outdoors Men's Coolflo Short Sleeve Cycling Jersey - Yellow/Black, Large
Offered by Tenn Outdoors

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 8 April 2014
This top cost me less than a tenner including delivery, which I thought was great value. It is comfortable, fits well and the rear pockets are elasicated so things don't fall out. Fab shirt for the money!

Sport DirectTM 600ml Black Bottle and Alloy Cage
Sport DirectTM 600ml Black Bottle and Alloy Cage
Offered by Sports4ever

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 8 April 2014
Good bottle, good bracket, easy to install. Excellent vaule for money. Don't see the need to pay more for something that basically just holds water.

CatEye Strada Rd300 Cycling Computer - Black
CatEye Strada Rd300 Cycling Computer - Black
Offered by GsportsUK

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says but smaller than I thought, 8 April 2014
This computer is good value for money, was easy to set up, and does exactly what it says. The only down side is that it is a lot smaller than I expected and I find the display too small and difficult to read.

Gone: (Michael Bennett 6)
Gone: (Michael Bennett 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 8 Feb. 2014
I'm fairly new to James Patterson's books but I love the Michael Bennett series. I've read cop and crime books such as the Harry Bosch and Mickey Haller series by Michael Connelly and I've read all the Jack Reacher books, and the Bennett series is equally as good as any of those.

Page: 1 | 2