Profile for jilper > Reviews

jilper

Page: 1 | 2
Antidote to Ageing
Antidote to Ageing

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes! This confirms what I believe is possible. ..., 5 Nov. 2014
Yes! This confirms what I believe is possible. I am 80 years old, and started a running programme six months ago with a view to completing a 5K Parkrun in under 40 mins, (I am nearly there). I have looked closely at my diet in the last six months and taken advice from a close family member on this (he is a committed triathlete), and I have every intention of living well into my nineties, if not 100 yrs old.
Three siblings of my father lived into their nineties, so I believe genetics also come into it to some extent.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 10, 2014 7:32 PM GMT

Twelve Years A Slave
Twelve Years A Slave

3.0 out of 5 stars Boring!, 28 April 2014
Well written but so repetetive, as I imagine his life was. But nothing much else happened during the 12 years so,difficult to make it hold the attention.
I understand the film was so much better - obviously, given the licence to portray his life in more detail graphically.

Warwick: The Man Behind The Wars of the Roses
Warwick: The Man Behind The Wars of the Roses

4.0 out of 5 stars A different perspective, 20 April 2014
Nice to see events from his point of view for a change, which seem to differ from how other people perceived him

The Sisters Who Would Be Queen: The tragedy of Mary, Katherine and Lady Jane Grey

4.0 out of 5 stars Poor girls - what a life they endured!, 24 Jan. 2014
A good read, but I got a bit confused with all the inter-relationships. But historically well worth brushing up on!

Long Life Lamp Company Automatic LED Night Light - White
Long Life Lamp Company Automatic LED Night Light - White

4.0 out of 5 stars Auto LED Light, 7 Mar. 2013
Exactly what I wanted - enough light to walk length of hall to light switch at other end (not wanting to leave hall light on all evening).Cost of putting in new handy light switch too expensive at this time so this was a very good, and cheap, alternative.

Innocent Traitor
Innocent Traitor
by Alison Weir

5.0 out of 5 stars Innocent Traitor, 15 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Innocent Traitor (Paperback)
Love Alison Weir's style of writing - she manages to capture the miderable life Lady Jane Grey endured,albeit with determination and resolution, and what a terribly sad ending - so strongly portrayed.

Daily Mail Big Book of Cryptic Crosswords 3: A New Compilation of 200 Daily Mail Crosswords (The Daily Mail Puzzle Books)
by Daily Mail

5.0 out of 5 stars Daily Mail book of cryptic crosswords Vol 3, 15 Dec. 2012
Could't live without my daily fix of these cryptic crosswords - taken with a coffee! Hopoe there's going to be a vol 4 next year.

Bring Up the Bodies
Bring Up the Bodies
by Hilary Mantel

5.0 out of 5 stars Bring up the Bodies, 15 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Bring Up the Bodies (Hardcover)
Brilliant read - even better than Wolf Hall. Hilary Mantel manages to keep you glued to the book right to the end - hard to put down. Let's have more, please, from this talented writer.

Pack of 2 Lightweight Ice Carpet (1129)- Instant Roll out non slip carpet runner. Pack of 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight ice carpet, 15 Dec. 2012
Brilliant product which to date has been tested on heavy rain and very icy conditions, and it works! I have decking outside my patio door and my family were constantly worried because I was slipping and sliding in adverse conditions, and I am not exactly young - nearer 80 than 70! So I found this exellent product on line and wouldn't be without it now. Delivery also first class.

DISPOSABLE GLOVES 120 APPROX BY SIFCON
DISPOSABLE GLOVES 120 APPROX BY SIFCON
Offered by Hobby Art & Crafts

4.0 out of 5 stars sifcon disposable gloves, 15 Dec. 2012
- good value for money - who wants to pay more when they are used for "picking up" after dogs! Delivery time good.
Have given 4 stars as it's difficult to say I "love" the product when you consider what they are used for!

Page: 1 | 2