Profile for Gary > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Kingfisher Electronic Water Timer
Kingfisher Electronic Water Timer

5.0 out of 5 stars Super value, reliable and easy to use, 10 Aug. 2015
I needed a simple water timer for watering our baskets and pot plants while we were away on a weeks holiday. At first I was a bit skeptical due to this ones low price but went for it based on the good reviews. I am glad I did because its brilliant! It is very simple to use, fit two AAA batteries and the two rotary knobs let you set the duration and frequency and that's it. Worked like a dream and would very much recommend this over the more expensive versions.

Advanced Marathoning
Advanced Marathoning
by Peter Pfitzinger

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and interesting, despite being for the advanced!, 14 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Advanced Marathoning (Paperback)
Yes, as some previous reviews have said, this will probably come across as too advanced for the 9 to 5 working man or woman who trains a few times a week and runs the occasional half or full marathon. It talks about 85 mile plus a week training schedules that leave me exhausted just thinking about it, or 8min per mile recovery runs, which is way faster than my tempo runs. The training tables start at 55 mile a week for 4hr 00 marathons and then gets longer and faster. But that said, it does make for a very interesting read, and there is still plenty of useful information and the basic training principles can probably be applied to a mere mortal like me who only manages 4hr 34min for a marathon and is probably past his best.

If nothing else, it will either inspire you or make you want to give up running all together!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 17, 2015 9:01 PM BST

Bum Bag Waist Money Pouch Hip Fanny Pack Sports Running Belt for Smart Phones
Bum Bag Waist Money Pouch Hip Fanny Pack Sports Running Belt for Smart Phones

5.0 out of 5 stars takes 6 SIS gels easily or 8 with a tight squeeze, 23 April 2015
Use it for my gels, takes 6 SIS gels easily or 8 with a tight squeeze.

Bracoo PerformBoost Ankle Sleeve, Dynamic Elastic Compression for Athletic Injury Recovery & Prevention (L)
Offered by Comfytopia

3.0 out of 5 stars A few good reviews tempted me into buying these but my experience ..., 23 April 2015
A few good reviews tempted me into buying these but my experience of them is nothing special. For me the biggest problem is the the folded seam on the ends, particularly the bottom one that goes under the foot. This digs in and was so uncomfortable that I cut it off with some super sharp scissors. Now they are much more comfortable and appear to provide reasonably good support, but I cannot really justify their high price.

Brooks Ghost 7 Gtx M, Men's Running Shoes, Midnight/Storm/Mango 11 UK
Brooks Ghost 7 Gtx M, Men's Running Shoes, Midnight/Storm/Mango 11 UK
Offered by NUWAVE

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, neutral shoe with the benefit of keeping your feet dry in the wet., 19 Mar. 2015
I was initially fitted with the non water proof versions by a running shoe shop and was so impressed I purchased another three pairs of these through Amazon for the wet winter training runs. These shoe's are extremely comfortable and with the help of some added arch supporting insoles I was able to fully recover from some niggling injuries.

I do most running on the road, so cant comment on what they are like off road, but they have definitely kept me dry through the puddles and general wet wintery conditions over the past few months. My only niggle was the top loop of the lace aggravating the top of my arch, so now instead of crossing over at that point I loop under to the next hole on the same side and then cross over and tie, if that makes any sense. I discovered this tip online so it must be a general thing with new shoes. These shoes provide a gentle bounce but still provide good stability. I used to have a pair of Asics Gels, nice shoes but I found them a bit too wobbly, a bit like running on jelly, and my right foot in particular would occasionally twist over on uneven terrain, so the Brooks Ghost 7 sorted that problem out for me.

I am normally a size 10 with regular footwear but like with most running shoes, I needed a size 11. I do have quite a high arch, but I would still recommend a half size up if you are Mr Average. I suggest try a pair on at a sports shop first, or you can take a chance online and return them if necessary. This is a neutral shoe.

Tablet Bargains - Calcium & Vitamin D - 360 Tablets
Tablet Bargains - Calcium & Vitamin D - 360 Tablets
Offered by Club Vits Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Mar. 2015
Definitely good value for money, would recommend.

Ex-Pro® T4 Fluorescent Tube 16w, 468mm 3400K [PACK of 5]
Ex-Pro® T4 Fluorescent Tube 16w, 468mm 3400K [PACK of 5]
Offered by ExpressPro

5.0 out of 5 stars this supplier cleared up any doubt whatsoever with a very clear and easy to understand diagram, 19 Mar. 2015
I used to buy these at B&Q but they seem to have discontinued stocking them. When I looked online I was initially confused by the varying dimensions of this tube type and this wasn't helped by little or no dimensional information being provided. However, this supplier cleared up any doubt whatsoever with a very clear and easy to understand diagram. Why don't more suppliers do this? The tubes fitted perfectly and produce a clean white light, they also look very good quality. I will be buying more to stock up for the future.

Nathan Mercury 3 Hydration Belt - Nathan Blue, One Size
Nathan Mercury 3 Hydration Belt - Nathan Blue, One Size
Offered by Direct Source & Sell Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars ... 2 and the Mercury 3 belts and they are fantastic! I use them on both short and long ..., 17 Jan. 2015
I use both the Mercury 2 and the Mercury 3 belts and they are fantastic! I use them on both short and long runs and now I would feel naked without them. I find the Mercury 3 is enough for up to half marathon distance providing you are well hydrated before setting out and the weather is fairly cool. In response to other reviews I have no problems whatsoever with the bottles bouncing up and down but obviously you need to pull the belt in reasonably tight. Also they don't leak a drop, something I see some other reviews talk about, my only advice is to be careful not to cross thread the tops. I would definitely recommend this product.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool bag, 17 Jan. 2015
Printed patterning but still good value for money. Found it a tad on the small size though, would have happily paid a bit more for it to have been slightly bigger. Good bag nevertheless if you travel light.

Tablet Bargains - Vitamin C 1000mg with Rosehip & Bioflavonoids - 360 Tablets
Tablet Bargains - Vitamin C 1000mg with Rosehip & Bioflavonoids - 360 Tablets
Offered by Club Vits Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great., 17 Jan. 2015
These are definitely not not the chewable type, and don't try as they taste more like battery acid. I also have some difficulty swallowing them as they are quite large and not shaped for swallowing in my opinion. I'm not sure how the manufacturers of this tablet intended it to be taken but I probably wont buy them again once I've grimaced through all 360 of them. Of course, this is only my personal view.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5