Profile for Denise Fallon > Reviews

ESL Stories for Preschool: Book 1: Volume 1
ESL Stories for Preschool: Book 1: Volume 1
by Shelley Ann Vernon

5.0 out of 5 stars My classes have never been better!!, 4 Mar. 2015
I just love Shelley Ann's philosophy in the classroom....it has revolutionized my clases and now I can look forward to them instead of dreading them....my students look forward to the classes and THOROUGHLY enjoy them rather than the negative attitude I used to have to deal with when it came to teaching english!! I can't get enough of Shelley's ideas!! Teaching English as a foreign language has never been so enjoyable and a positive experience and so satisfying to see the children enjoy it too. Thank you Shelley Ann for sharing your experience , I for one really appreciate it as it has been such a help when it comes to lesson planning and structuring the class and has basically relieved me of a lot of stress!!

ESL Games: 176 English Language Games for Children: Make your teaching easy and fun
by Shelley Ann Vernon

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 24 Feb. 2015
I love Shelley Ann's approach to teaching English, it is wonderful to have an author of a book so accessable, I have found Shelley to be extremely helpful . I have put into practise her ideas and games in the classroom and it has been a wonderful success and such a sense of satisfaction to see the children enjoying the whole experience of learning English!!! Not only are the children enjoying the class but I enjoy their enthusiam too!!
I highly recommend Shelley's book to anyone who is trying to teach English.

The Hobbit: Graphic Novel
The Hobbit: Graphic Novel
by J. R. R. Tolkien

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 22 Nov. 2012
Best graphic novel ever read......was hoping to find the rest of the Lord of the Rings in graphic novel form.
Excellent drawings and rich vocabulary, not any old simple comic....my son loved it!!
He was disappointed to find there was no Lord of the rings in graphic novel.

The Iliad (Penguin Classics)
The Iliad (Penguin Classics)
by Homer

4.0 out of 5 stars Good traduction!!, 23 Mar. 2012
It's very well written considering it's a very difficult piece of literature.
Comes with an introduction and everything!!
The only flaw is that the ending is a bit o a letdown :( ...
But if you like adventure... THAT'S THE BOOK FOR YOU!!