Profile for M. Beasley > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Perpetual Astonishment of Jonathon Fairfax
The Perpetual Astonishment of Jonathon Fairfax

2.0 out of 5 stars Lost, 18 Sept. 2013
I got a little lost in the middle of this book and never really got to grips with it after wards. I have give it a 2 star rating for the few laughs the book gave me.

The Danger (Francis Thriller)
The Danger (Francis Thriller)

3.0 out of 5 stars Repetitive, 21 Aug. 2013
My first Dick Francis book and to be honest a little disappointing after all I've been told about the quality of the writing. I found it very repetitive throughout one kidnapping much the same as the next with a predictable ending.

A Reason To Kill (DI Matt Barnes Book 1)
A Reason To Kill (DI Matt Barnes Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent free book, 10 Aug. 2013
Not read any of this author's work before but I thought I would give it a go as it was free. Can honestly say that I would have gladly paid for this excellent read. Try it yourself.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 10, 2013 11:55 PM BST

Submarine
Submarine

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 28 July 2013
This review is from: Submarine (Kindle Edition)
I have been deliberating recently with myself with regards to, what sort of books I prefer to read. I now know that this is not one of them. Some of the reviews suggested 'laugh out loud moments however I did not experience this phenomena. Found the book a little boring if I'm honest but this is just my opinion of course.

The Calling: A John Luther Novel
The Calling: A John Luther Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 July 2013
As gripping as the television series a thoroughly excellent read from start to finish. Look forward to reading more by Neil Cross

Joint Enterprise (The Romney and Marsh Files Book 3)
Joint Enterprise (The Romney and Marsh Files Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 10 July 2013
Done all three books now in this trilogy and been surprised how much I have enjoyed them as I have not read crime novels before. Oliver Tidy leaves the reader in limbo at the end of this book not knowing if the main character will be around for further adventures. I for one hope he will. Great Read.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 10, 2013 3:43 PM BST

Making A Killing (The Romney and Marsh Files Book 2)
Making A Killing (The Romney and Marsh Files Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 5 July 2013
I downloaded the first book in this series of three for free and after reading that decided to buy the next two. I have not been disappointed. It's a nice easy read without having to think about the developing theories of the crimes to deeply. This does not take anything away from the quality of the book in my opinion. I look forward to reading the third book in this series.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 6, 2013 8:09 PM BST

314 (Widowsfield Trilogy)
314 (Widowsfield Trilogy)

2.0 out of 5 stars Takes time to get going, 2 July 2013
Downloaded for free so should not be to critical however I never really got into this book until near the end. I'm not sure I am convinced enough to purchase the remaining books in the trilogy.

The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry

4.0 out of 5 stars Time to Reflect, 28 Jun. 2013
I really enjoyed this book. It made me think of my own life experiences and how these have shaped me as a person and the relationships I have. As with Harold I remembered things that I thought I had forgotten this in itself is worth the rating.

Rope Enough (The Romney and Marsh Files Book 1)
Rope Enough (The Romney and Marsh Files Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars First time Oliver Tidy reader, 25 Jun. 2013
I'm not your usual crime reader but I thought I would give this a go. Glad I did as thoroughly enjoyed my the book from start to finish. I've now got the other two books in the series and intend reading them whilst on holiday. If not your usual read give it a go as I did, you won't be disappointed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 25, 2013 4:55 PM BST