Profile for M. Beasley > Reviews

Content by M. Beasley

M. Beasley (Staffordshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Time to Die (The DI Hanlon Series Book 1)
Time to Die (The DI Hanlon Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad read, 21 Jun. 2014
Really enjoyed this book so much so I set aside additional time to finish it off. Loved the characters especially Hanlon and her side kick sergeant. It would be nice to see how the relationship develops between these two in future books.

The Shock of the Fall
The Shock of the Fall

5.0 out of 5 stars True insight, 9 Feb. 2014
Great first novel covering two of the most difficult subjects to cover, mental illness and grief. I loved how the book was written and found it hard to pit down.

Conditional Love
Conditional Love

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised, 7 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Conditional Love (Kindle Edition)
I got this book for my mother-in-law but decided to read it myself. Now don't like admitting it as being a bloke and this (I believe) being more of a book for the ladies , but I really enjoyed this book finding myself picking it up at every opportunity. Great characters, funny, nice easy read what more could you ask for. Give it a go I'm sure you won't be disappointed
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 8, 2013 8:43 AM GMT

Time's too Short
Time's too Short

2.0 out of 5 stars ...and thankfully so is this book, 30 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Time's too Short (Kindle Edition)
Not so sure about some of these short stories in fact not so sure about any of them. The last tale Welcome to the Weekend got the second star in the review otherwise give it a miss.

The Vault: (A Wexford Case) (Inspector Wexford series Book 23)
The Vault: (A Wexford Case) (Inspector Wexford series Book 23)

1.0 out of 5 stars First and possibly last Wexford, 28 Nov. 2013
I never really enjoyed the TV series and did not really enjoy this book. Not sure if this is because of my preconceptions due to dislike of TV series or that this book was just boring. Don't think I'll be returning to read another Wexford tale

Blood Line (Anna Travis series Book 7)
Blood Line (Anna Travis series Book 7)

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 13 Nov. 2013
My first Lynda La Plante and probably not my last. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and would recommend to anyone who likes to read a crime novel. Not the best I have ever read but enjoyable all the same

The Silent World of Nicholas Quinn (Inspector Morse Series Book 3)
The Silent World of Nicholas Quinn (Inspector Morse Series Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars First Experience, 6 Nov. 2013
My first experience of Colin Dexter (I know it's taken a long time) but not my last. Excellently written novel that I could not wait to finish, bring on the next one.

Loose Ends (The Acer Sansom Novels Book 2)
Loose Ends (The Acer Sansom Novels Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars When is the next book, 2 Nov. 2013
Fantastic follow up could not put it down. The author has left this open for a another book if not two and I for one can't wait. Great value read would pay much more.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 2, 2013 2:59 PM GMT

A Very Simple Guide to Writing Effective Social Stories
A Very Simple Guide to Writing Effective Social Stories

1.0 out of 5 stars Brief, 28 Oct. 2013
Ok if you like brief and I mean brief. Provides the minimum of outlines and a couple of examples. I would recommend you save your money and put it towards something a little more substantial.

Dirty Business (The Acer Sansom Novels Book 1)
Dirty Business (The Acer Sansom Novels Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great ending, 21 Oct. 2013
Felt a little slow to start however really enjoyable read looking forward to follow on book. Found Oliver Tidy's books well worth a look
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 22, 2013 7:01 AM BST