Profile for Chirpy > Reviews

Foldable Lightweight Virtual Reality 3D Headset with Mini Bluetooth Controller
Foldable Lightweight Virtual Reality 3D Headset with Mini Bluetooth Controller
Offered by milionea

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect with iphone 6+., 22 Feb. 2017
These work just as expected but when folded up they are a very tight squeeze into their case. They work really well with my iphone 6+ but, because the phone holder is not completely enclosed, smaller phones and my son's ipod touch do not really work - you can see light around the viewing area which is not covered by the phone case. So, with a bigger phone, these are great. Anything bigger than an iphone 6+ may not fit.

Jawbone UP3 Heart Rate Activity and Sleep Tracker - Black Twist
Jawbone UP3 Heart Rate Activity and Sleep Tracker - Black Twist
Offered by Best-GIG

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but a few essential things to know, 23 Jan. 2016
I have used an UP24 for 18 months and bought the UP3 with some trepidation after spending hours looking at the reviews. I considered switching to a fitbit but thought I would stick with Jawbone despite the apparent issues.

I moved over to the UP3 about three weeks ago and have had really next to no issues with it at all, or at least none that can't be overcome. I just downloaded the new app and off I went; even the data gathered whilst wearing the UP24 transferred across nicely so I have not lost those longer term trends that the app is useful for. I had one syncing issue so far and I could do nothing to resolve it but when I turned my phone on and off again it was all fine.

However, here are a few things you need to know

- the first few hours of ownership were spent downloading new firmware. This rather takes the joy out of the new gadget arriving but it all downloaded fine. It needs to be next to your phone all this time so settle in and wait...
- the band has to be worn reasonably tight so that all sensors are touching your skin. The band does slip a little from time to time but its not a major issue.
- you MUST immediately order an activity clip which is free. This is vital as the clasp has a design flaw and it will definitely come off if you don't have one. I ended up wearing mine for the first 10 days and constructing a retainer from one of those plastic covered wires you get around electrical cables on new electrical products. I put it through the slot on the clip that you feed through the D ring, fastened it, pulled it tight and then fed it back through the D ring and then twisted it. That kept it on just fine whilst waiting. Now I have the activity clip on it has been fine...so far. How they ever launched this product without changing the clasp or with the activity clip as standard is beyond me. And how they can issue something called an "activity clip" for a product with the sole purpose of measuring your activity is pretty odd - they should just admit the design is useless and stick one in every box with the UP3.
- battery life is around 6/7 days. I use mine for a daily alarm, 45 min activity alerts and the daily step target buzz. You might want to buy a second cable which you leave at your place of work or study or in a bag or pocket so that you have one nearby. It does give you an early warning however so no need to panic.
- the recharging cable isn't perfect for horizontal USB ports on the side of a laptop but is fine for any other form of USB port as far as I can see. There are plenty of alternatives to buy if you really have an issue.
- the new app is great and I have started logging my food intake as it is so easy. It even has menus from various places so you can browse the restaurant/take away menu before or in the restaurant so that you can select an appropriately healthy or unhealthy option. It would be great if supermarkets added their stuff to it; the list is a bit US biased but the barcode scanner works OK on most things.

Other than this it is all good, I am sure they will modify the clasp at some stage as they must be getting so many complaints. I am still a bit nervous of the activity clip sliding out of place and the clasp opening and I feel like its worth checking it pretty regularly. I may yet go back to the temporary solution I used as I feel it is more secure like that.

Good luck.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 7, 2016 11:29 AM GMT

Unique Sports Ball Doctor Leak And Flat Fix-Repair Kit
Unique Sports Ball Doctor Leak And Flat Fix-Repair Kit
Offered by US-ZINC

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked perfectly, 15 May 2014
I used this to repair a rugby ball which had been punctured by a few thorns. It was easy to use and the ball is still inflated. It says that the product does not work on balls with bladders but it worked on this one. I have ordered another one as it's just about cheaper than a new ball.

Cressi Men's Lycra Skin Short Sleeve Rash Guard UV Sun Protection (UPF) 50+, Blue, XL/5 (46/48)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice product and colour, 23 Mar. 2014
This size fits 44" chest nicely. Not yet used in the sun but looks like it will do its job well.

Porsche Cayenne 2002-2010 Boot Liner 192600
Porsche Cayenne 2002-2010 Boot Liner 192600
Offered by bootsliners

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits pretty well, 23 Mar. 2014
Needs to be pushed hard in to the boot and bent up a bit to avoid the lock but once done is nice and snug and gas a lip on it to stop any dirt and spillages creeping over to the carpet

15W LOW ENERGY DUSK TO DAWN SENSOR BAYONET CAP BULB LIGHT SENSOR BULB
15W LOW ENERGY DUSK TO DAWN SENSOR BAYONET CAP BULB LIGHT SENSOR BULB

2.0 out of 5 stars Comes on early stays on late, 23 Mar. 2014
I have one branded light sensor lamp and this one. They are placed in lights on the same, south east facing, wall but this stays on and comes on much earlier than the branded one during what I would consider to be daylight. I am guessing the sensor set up is different.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 7, 2014 6:20 PM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to see how you could improve on this., 25 Jan. 2014
I can't see how you could improve on this item. Easy to fit together once you ahve worked out where the clips go and numbered to match the diagram. It's essentially a pile of cut up white plastic down pipe with bespoke fixings at the corners. Net looks like it will last a few years and easy to attach.

HDMI Output to Composite / S-Video Converter (3RCA CRT TV CVBS)
HDMI Output to Composite / S-Video Converter (3RCA CRT TV CVBS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple TV to Bang and Olufsen TV with no HDMI socket, 3 Dec. 2011
I recently bought this item ASIN:B005CAMFDI HDMI Output to Composite / S-Video Converter (3RCA CRT TV CVBS) as I had just bought Apple TV and had a TV with no HDMI connection and even the DVI connection was too old (did not support sound) - I have an older Bang and Olufsen TV. This product works perfectly (just plug it all together and switch the TV to the right input) to convert the HDMI output signal from Apple TV into the old red, white and yellow cable inputs (or S Video) and gets Apple TV going. If you change the settings in Apple TV from HDMI to "RGB high" it will increase the quality of the picture too as without that change it is a little blurred (though not intolerable). All the cables were included in the box except a HDMI cable. It does require power so you need an extra plug socket. It will also switch between PAL and NTSC if required. It saved me buying a new B&O TV so well worth the money !