Profile for Robin > Reviews

Content by Robin

Robin

Lava BrightSounds 2 | Portable Bluetooth Speaker with Dimmer Controlled Lantern, Powerbank for Phone/Tablet Charging & Battery life up to 36hrs - Teal
Offered by Co-op Electrical

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed., 20 July 2017
Very unimpressed with the sound quality. It sounded dull and lifeless. Aesthetically it was quite nice, but the LED light could have been better placed within translucent white section (it wasn't quite central so the glow looked oddly off center). Returned the item, unfortunately!

Edinburgh Gin Rhubarb and Ginger Liqueur, 50 cl
Edinburgh Gin Rhubarb and Ginger Liqueur, 50 cl

4.0 out of 5 stars Not technically a gin, but does it matter? Nope!, 13 Jan. 2017
This is not a gin, but a liqueur (it is labelled as a liqueur but some are calling it gin). Slightly expensive for a 50cl bottle but it's utterly delicious and a nice treat. We tried it in some extra dry prosecco as suggested by another reviewer here and it was lovely. Quite amazing how aromatic the rhubarb is, and both the rhubarb and ginger come through in the flavours (personally I could tolerate a little more ginger but appreciate that might not be for everyone).

I imagine a shot would go well with two shots of London dry gin, with a slice of lemon and some tonic water over ice.

The Bartender
The Bartender

2.0 out of 5 stars Could be awesome but needs work, 1 Oct. 2016
This review is from: The Bartender (App)
Needs UK metric measurements. When asked for the recipe for a Tom Collins it doesn't need to say "I've found a recipe for a cocktail called... 'Tom Collins'". Useless and redundant information that makes interacting feel more robotic (unless you are offering multiple recipes and then subsequently providing a choice). Just read the ingredients. Information provided far too quickly. It would be more suitable to ask 'Would you like to hear the ingredients again?'. If no, then ask 'Would you like to know the method of make?' or something to that effect.

Philips SHP2500/10 Indoor Corded TV Headphone  (Over-Ear for Music/PC/TV) - Gray
Philips SHP2500/10 Indoor Corded TV Headphone (Over-Ear for Music/PC/TV) - Gray

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable but too quiet, 21 Aug. 2013
I don't turn my headphones up high like some people, and I'm not hard of hearing (I'm 30 with perfectly normal hearing) but these really are too quiet. Unfortunately even when connected to a PC with level enhancements turned on, and everything at full volume (including the volume control) they are too quiet. It sounds like I'm missing out on some sound almost, when compared to my previous pair of Sony headphones. I can hear colleagues talking over them. Disappointing. They are very comfortable though.

Einaudi: I Giorni
Einaudi: I Giorni

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful..., 12 Nov. 2004
This review is from: Einaudi: I Giorni (Audio CD)
Like another reviewer here, I don't listen to classical music much at all. When my friend gave me this to listen to I was sceptical, but it is simply stunning. The music is just so beautiful and I too found myself with tears in my eyes at some of the tracks. Usually I'll be multi-tasking when listening to music, but with this album I have to sit back, listen and let it flow through me. Highly recommended.