Profile for Ben > Reviews

Content by Ben

Ben

Samsung VG-KBD2000 Wireless Keyboard for Smart TV (New for 2013)
Samsung VG-KBD2000 Wireless Keyboard for Smart TV (New for 2013)
Offered by UKISAOK

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 4 Sept. 2013
Very good keyboard for Samsung 2013 smart TV's. I like the unit. However it is 4 star from me because the tv power button is just too close to the volume up button, I end up switching off my tv without warnings in an attempt to raise volume up. I use lots of Samsung product and power button position is a problem that Samsung need to look into. The touchpad right and left button hasn't really done the exact functions for me, but probably in editing a document it might work, but I haven't try it for that, so until then. It is a bit heavier than I would have expected and it looks really cheap, but it is okay for my daily use. I would recommend it for Samsung users.

kenable Pure OFC RF Aerial Coaxial Lead Gold OFC Male to Female Extension 3m
kenable Pure OFC RF Aerial Coaxial Lead Gold OFC Male to Female Extension 3m
Offered by kenable_ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, 4 Sept. 2013
This product is okay for its purpose, not the best out there, but certainly better than cheaper cables. I can recommend it with 3 stars.

Lloytron A3202BK 50dB Gain Active HD Digital Indoor TV Antenna - Black
Lloytron A3202BK 50dB Gain Active HD Digital Indoor TV Antenna - Black
Offered by CostMad-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product!, 4 Sept. 2013
I bought this product for use in my South East Manchester appartment. The delivery was fast and well packed. I opened with care hoping to return it once it didn't work in my location. I noticed it was not exactly brand new, as I can see scratches at points where it was previously used. I guess it was a product that was returned by a previous buyer. So I became more sceptical about it, but surprisingly, it work excellently with my Samsung 2013 smart tv with inbuilt freeview. It pick up all the HD channels easily and I am happy with the purchase. It would have been a 5 star if the USB cable was a bit longer, otherwise it is worth the price for perfect HD pictures.

SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSDXC 64 GB UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card 30 MB/s + SD Adapter + Memory Zone App (SDSDQU-032G-U46A)
Offered by B3Digital

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy!, 10 Dec. 2012
I bought this broduct from Amazon.co.uk itself and it is the original. I will highly recomment it for anyone that wants an extra space for HD 1080p movies like myself.

Samsung Clip On Replacement Battery Cover Flip Case for Galaxy Note 2 - Dark Grey (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by Valutech Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice cover, 10 Dec. 2012
this product is really great. It makes the note look really like a writing pad. My only concern is that is woun't protect the phone if it drops accidentally. I will recommend it for anyone who like some fun with the look of the note.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB SIM-Free Smartphone - Titanium Grey
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB SIM-Free Smartphone - Titanium Grey
Offered by Hale Communications

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phablet - but understand what model you really need !!!, 22 Nov. 2012
This phablet is worth every penny and a great asset to have especially if you are S-Pen lover like myself. I bought it just because of the S-Pen features and my love for andriod devices. This is purely a business phablet, but if you are looking for a phone just for calls, then I would advice you to buy galaxy S3 which also has fast processor and even 4G variant.

Samsung galaxy note 2 has several models and sub-variants based on country and operator's requirements. The most common models are N7100 and N7105 which have their own individual advantages and disadvantages. For UK customers, make your choice wisely because I have made my own choice already in a very brilliant way.

1. N7105 has 3G & 4G LTE, while N7100 is only for 3G in the UK - because UK shall be using the 1800MHZ frequency for 4G LTE.

2. N7105 has no FM Radio with RDS, while N7100 has FM Radio with RDS.

3. Some sub-variant of N7105 has wireless charging technology while N7100 does not have it.

4. N7105 is at present over £100 more expensive than N7100.

Every other features as well as physical dimensions are exactly the same for both N7100 and N7105 except that the firmwares are different. As I mentioned earlier, I have made my choice wisely, you are free to reason your own way, but I shall explain how I reasoned and finally bought N7100 as my preferred choice model for 2012/2013.

I guess I love technology and the idea of 4G more than any of my friends here in UK. I live outside London and I know for sure there won't be any 4G not until say September 2013. Even if I live in London, not everywhere would have 4G by September 2013. I don't need a 4G that I can't access in every city I go for business as I always do. If there is 4G in only some locations, then I rather use wifi instead of a wifi-like 4G. I cannot afford to pay over a £100 extra for a feature I cannot use satisfactorily not until say September 2013, reason being that Samsung shall release a newer model, galaxy note "3" before the end of next year. The new model shall be more advanced with improved 4G reception capability, faster processor speed, much more crystal clear pictures, possibly with 3D capabilities, more improved S-notes, etc. Based on this, I weighed my options and decided to go for N7100 which has all the features I need now, plus a lovely FM radio, and also saves me about £100, while I wait for Samsung galaxy note "3-D" "4G LTE plus" in November 2013 when also, at that time, there will be a reliable 4G network in the UK. I can't afford to waste £100 on the illusion of 4G LTE that won't be efficient until November 2013 and also regret when the 'galaxy note 3-D with 4G LTE plus' would be released.

You are free to make your own choice depending on city and availability of 4G LTE, but just make sure you check the model number before you buy. Spend wisely and apply wisdom in your choice because 2013 is just by the corner.

Hope this review/advice help someone.
Comment Comments (17) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 10, 2013 6:17 PM GMT

Asus HS-101 Deep Impact Bass Crystal Clear Voice Notebook Headset - White
Asus HS-101 Deep Impact Bass Crystal Clear Voice Notebook Headset - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Amazing Laptop Headphone ever..., 30 Sept. 2012
I bought this notebook headphone from Amazon itself (NOT Amazon Marketplace) September 2012 for my HP Pavilion dm4 laptop. I decided to settle for this headphone after reading the reviews and making a good sense out of it. The delivery took about four days to arrive my residence in Manchester. Based on my observation and use, here are the Pros and Cons:

Pros:
1. The sound quality if used on a laptop that features HD sound card is really amazing. It is crystal clear, producing excellently bass quality, mid range and very crispy soprano. For sound quality, it got my five stars. Note: I tried it on a friends dell laptop with no HD sound card, the sound quality was very poor. Hence I recommend you use it only for a laptop with HD sound card.

2. It has attractive design and noise cancelling effect as well.

3. It fits perfectly in ear and very light.

5. Cable length is very good.

6. The microphone is also crystal clear and very good for skype or personal recordings.

7. Microphone jack is optional depending on your laptop. It could be safely attached to the provided porch when not needed.

Cons:
1. Cable is thin and very flexible - making the device very delicate as it could be broken at anytime.

2. Volume range is very short making it a little more like on/off rather than a volume control.

OVERALL: This is a very lovely noise-cancelling HD sound device that does exactly what it says and I recommend it strongly for all customers looking for deep bass headphone with crystal clear mid to high range sound for a laptop with HD sound card. It got my five star rating.