Profile for Doodles > Reviews

Content by Doodles

Doodles

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Girly HandBags Satin Lace Clutch Bag Oversized Womens Evening Events Fashion Shoulder Chain -- Fuchsia
Offered by Girly HandBags

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware hair getting caught in the strap!, 21 July 2016
My boyfriend bought this for me to use for a wedding. As people have said, it is bigger than you think, which is perfect for what i needed, but it is a hard bag not soft. I managed to just about fit in a sunglasses case, mobile phone, 20 fags, comb and hand gel, but did sometimes struggle fastening it. Still, credit where due, you'd never even get that much in some bags!

Anyway, my main issue with this bag is the strap. It caught on my lace top and ruined the shoulder, and worse still, it kept on catching in my hair!! There was only a slight breeze, can't imagine how much worse it would have been if windy. I was constantly getting caught and having to pull hair out of the strap. Very embarrassing when you're around so many people at a wedding. The reason i gave it 3 stars still is because it's a lovely colour and quality for the price (bits of lace have pulled after one use, but not too noticeable), and you can use it without the strap. I specifically wanted a strap so no good for me, but i know some girls dont mind.

For me personally, i'll now be offering it to a friend for free as I will never use it again due to the hair/strap issue :-(

Zaxy Urban, Women's Sandals, Pink (Pink/Nude), 6 UK (39 EU)
Zaxy Urban, Women's Sandals, Pink (Pink/Nude), 6 UK (39 EU)

2.0 out of 5 stars Strap too short, can't fasten, 14 July 2016
So pretty and comfy, but unfortunately the strap is too short so I can't fasten them! I don't wear wide fit shoes but am overweight. Not had this problem before tho. So if u have small feet they should be fine, otherwise don't bother

Barry M Nail Polish Paint - 342 Nude
Barry M Nail Polish Paint - 342 Nude
Offered by BisLinks®

2.0 out of 5 stars Needs 4 coats, 17 May 2016
i love barry m nail polish, but this one goes on like milk. Needs about four coats!

PureMate® PM 1519 Cordless 1.5L Glass Electric Kettle with Blue LED Illumination 2200W
Offered by PureMate

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware the clear kettles and remember limescale!, 17 May 2016
Within a couple of uses, you can see the limescale in the bottom which you can't clean off. Didnt think about this before!

Does the job, but I wouldnt buy a clear one again
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 18, 2016 12:22 PM BST

Between You and Me: The bestselling psychological thriller with a twist you won't see coming

3.0 out of 5 stars Would have been better without the twist, 17 May 2016
---DO NOT READ IF YOU DONT WANT ANY HINTS ABOUT THE 'TWIST'!---

Im very surprised no one saw 'the twist' and find it hard to believe there 'never saw it coming' reviews are honest. I had an incling after the first page, and knew for sure by the second chapter. It's not a bad book, but for me, the way it was written for the twist actually made it a bit irritating. I also find the side story about Charlie's work stuff a bit ridiculous and annoying.

I'm glad I worked it out early though as I think having a vision of the characters in my head made it more enjoyable as I could visualise the scenes.

Not as good as another thriller book Ive read recently about domestic abuse. I'd give this 2.5/5 - completely down the middle average.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 21, 2016 4:05 PM BST

Emdiq Set - 1 x Blue Sleeve, 1 x Pouch, 1 x Reusable Gel Pack
Emdiq Set - 1 x Blue Sleeve, 1 x Pouch, 1 x Reusable Gel Pack
Offered by Muzamedical

2.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for larger men and women - Misleading 'stretched' length given, 16 May 2016
I specifically purchased this one because the description says it stretched to 135cm/53". I'm a big girl (size 22 so 42-44" waist) so needed a band which would fit round me to wear after chiropractor appointments. But there is no way this would be suitable for anyone who is anywhere near a 40+ inch waist.

This one just about does up (with someone else to help - bad back and all!), BUT it rolls up and is so tight that it's just too uncomfortable to wear. The one time I tried for 5 mins, it came undone and flew off - would have been very embarrassing in public!

I've given 2 stars because the kool pak itself with the sleeve is still good to use on its own when you're laying down. But I could've purchased that separately for less then half the price so I'm not happy.

Misleading description.

Divergent (Divergent Trilogy, Book 1)
Divergent (Divergent Trilogy, Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok for a free book, but wouldnt read again, 20 April 2016
I was between 2 and 3 stars for this. It wasnt terrible and i did finish it, but I did struggle to. I think the concept was there, but i just couldn't connect with the characters at all. I couldnt visualise a lot of the scenes, and I kept forgetting who was who and which faction they were from etc.

I got this for free when i bought my kindle, so i cant really complain. And i did finish it, which is better than I can say on a couple of books ive read in the past. But i kept starting to read it and falling asleep, and never being able to finish a chapter, just reading a few pages at a time. To me this is telling. When i read a great book, i dont want to put it down. I also thought the story line was a little bit too copycat of hunger games.

If it helps, I would give harry potter series 4.5/5 and hunger games 4/5 (havent read any others like this). For me, this was a 2.5/5. I usually read crime fiction and 'could really happen' horrors. Personally, I wouldn't read this book again, and won't be reading the rest of the books. But I may still watch the film to see how I get on with it.

If you just need something to pass time and can get it free for kindle, then see how you get on.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Naff, the little metal part always falls out, 12 April 2016
Gone through two of these already in just over a year. The metal bit that goes into your phone/tablet soon starts coming loose so it just falls out all the time. Unless you carefully balance it and then don't accidentally breath within a mile radius of it... ! Its also a pain as you think something is charging, then you go back two hours later and it's got no battery left and has switched off!

Shame as when it first arrived, i liked it. Looked sturdy and was a good length. But no point if it doesnt work within a few months!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 14, 2016 9:20 AM BST

Vauxhall Corsa Wing Mirror glass-silver Aspheric ,RH (Driver Side),2006 onward
Vauxhall Corsa Wing Mirror glass-silver Aspheric ,RH (Driver Side),2006 onward
Offered by Euro Auto Parts Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Delivered next day and exactly as described - EXCELLENT!, 12 April 2016
Ordered this on Monday at 12pm. The following day at 12pm, it had already been delivered - and they didnt even charge for delivery. Absolutely brilliant, im so pleased!!! When you've not got a wing mirror, you just want to get it fixed asap before you get pulled over or risk an accident, so these guys are absolute winners in my book.

The item DOES have the section at the edge with the blind spot zoom, as per the original one that broke. It was well packaged and as described with clear instructions on the back of the pack. I have managed to put it on slightly wonky, but that's my silly fault for not kneeling down and doing it properly. It still looks fine and is staying in place.

I have a YY reg vauxhall corsa club (for those like me who cant remember what year their car is - hope that helps!).

Would defo recommend and buy again

Rybond A4 Suspension File (25 PACK) Manilla Heavyweight with Tabs and Inserts A4 Green for filing cabinets - MAKE THE GREENER CHOICE - Contains up to 50% postconsumer recycled content.
Offered by Rybond

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine but slow delivery, 5 April 2016
Does the job fine and fits ok in my A4 filing cabinet. But personally, i think 6 working days (9 days total) is too long to wait for a delivery that's been paid for. I wouldnt mind if it had been free delivery, but if I pay £3 for delivery, i expect it within 3-4 working days (i.e. order on monday, receive it by the friday)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5