Profile for Len PenDragon > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Kitchen Craft Home Made Jam Straining Kit
Kitchen Craft Home Made Jam Straining Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Great strainer., 15 Aug. 2014
For what I use it for, (not Jam) this works just great. I also bought an extra bag, because I need to wash one while the other is in use. The legs and feet adjust well to differing sized recepticles.

NRS Healthcare L61554 Combi-Reacher 81 cm (32 inches) Reaching Aid
NRS Healthcare L61554 Combi-Reacher 81 cm (32 inches) Reaching Aid

5.0 out of 5 stars Extended reach tool, almost as good as having longer arms., 15 Aug. 2014
Pretty much perfect. Small magnet on the tip + well designed jaws with rubberised soft edge. I sometimes have limited mobility and reduced dexterity and even I can handle it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Stuff this., 11 July 2014
Lovely stuff. I drink a lot of hibiscus tea. Hibiscus tea is hard to find in general, yet hibiscus is the single largest ingredient of pretty much all the red coloured 'fruity' teas, no matter which brand you look at.

It has a tart, fruity tast. I drink it unsweetened because I love the flavour. It is naturally caffeine free. Contains lots of vitamin C. These fine cut calyces make a delicious tea in seconds.

Liquorice Root Powder (Ground) 100g - FREE UK POST
Liquorice Root Powder (Ground) 100g - FREE UK POST
Offered by Jalpur Millers Online (JMO Online Ltd)

5.0 out of 5 stars nice product for genuine liquorice flavouring., 11 July 2014
Great powdered liquorice root. I used some to impart a more complex flavour in a home brewed stout. It has worked really well. One well heaped teaspoonful in a 25lt keg gave a great liquorice undertone. I was not going for anything more strongly flavoured, as I just wanted to add an additional flavour tone rather than a liquorice flavoured beer. I have plenty left over to make a couple more batches if I want to. I don't know how the yeast took the powder, as there were several other experimental flavourings.

I am sure this would be great to add the genuine liquorice flavour to almost anything.

Barbecue OAK Wood Smoking Chips
Barbecue OAK Wood Smoking Chips
Offered by Garden Secrets

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for what I needed it for., 11 July 2014
This review is from: Barbecue OAK Wood Smoking Chips
Excellent. Perfect sized chips for the purpose I have used them. I did not want these for smoking BBQ meats, but for aging spirit. Oak barrels are A. Too big and B. too expensive, to used for aging small quantities of spirits. But in a glass demijohn, a cupfull of these soon releases the tannins and other oak flavourings that immitate oak-barrel aged spirit. The chips are not as illustrated. They are obviously deliberately machine-chipped in bulk; made for purpose, rather than off-cuts from carpentry, or logging, as the illustrated chips are.
If my spirit turns out the way it looks like it will, I will definitely use these again. I would imagine that in a smoker, these would impart just the right flavour too. If you were trying to use these in a normal BBQ, you would need far more because much flavour would be lost to the atmosphere, even in a covered BBQ.

[Update]
I have had the oak chips in the spirit for long enough now that the chips are very definitely imparting the right flavours. I 'toasted' some chips using kitchen foil on a BBQ at the weekend and added those into the demijohn, along with some more spirit. I will be ordering more when the lot I have runs out, but it'll be a while.

Pair of 5 Litre PET Demi-Johns with Caps, Grommets and Airlocks
Pair of 5 Litre PET Demi-Johns with Caps, Grommets and Airlocks
Offered by BiggerJugs

3.0 out of 5 stars The caps, grommets and airlocks are probably the best part of this deal, 2 July 2014
The thin PET bottles do not seem as though they will survive multiple uses. Much harder to clean the inside than other shapes. The 5 litre size does not allow much head room for fermentation, so don't expect to get a 5 litre fermentation out of them. However, the caps, grommets and airlocks are good quality and will work on re-used disposable replacement 5 litre bottles just as well.

Alcotec 23% Turbo Yeast
Alcotec 23% Turbo Yeast

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it is supposed to do., 2 July 2014
This review is from: Alcotec 23% Turbo Yeast
A little more sensitive than the 20% version and for what I use it for, not worth the added fiddliness and expense. However it does do exactly what it promised to do.

Dice & Dragons D&D 3D Free
Dice & Dragons D&D 3D Free

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so hot., 2 July 2014
This review is from: Dice & Dragons D&D 3D Free (App)
Even though it was free, I found it not really worth the space it took up on the phone. I am sure it must be possible to make a decent dice simulator, but no one seems to do one.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The Punishment drink bottle. The clue is in the shape of the bottle., 2 July 2014
This glass bottle has a plastic sealed stopper with a spherical glass top. I bought it to replace the smaller one that did not survive some rough handling meted out to it. The bottle is quite fragile, thus looks very good when filled with a colourful liquid. The bottle is obviously made in a mold as it does have a mark where the two halves are joined. However I did not find that overly distracting. The shape of the bottle does leave no ambiguity as to the potency of the contents. Filled with a clear liquid, it may well appear like a crystal skull, but I've never tried it. The bottle does attract attention, which is the whole point.

Homebrew & Winemaking - Alcotec 48 Hour Pure Turbo Super Yeast
Homebrew & Winemaking - Alcotec 48 Hour Pure Turbo Super Yeast

5.0 out of 5 stars Turbo indeed, 27 Jan. 2014
I used the 8kg in 25lt option and boy, did it ever start working quickly. Fierce bubbling in what seemed like no time. I used a tube from the top into a half full 2.5lt bottle of water. It carried on bubbling like mad for days, only slowing down after a week. The result certainly smells strong enough to be 20%.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10