Profile for Ms. P. Hyde > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Universe versus Alex Woods
The Universe versus Alex Woods

5.0 out of 5 stars Almighty book about self slaughter, 24 Nov. 2013
Wonderful fictional exploration of the issues involved in assisted suicide and a set of brilliantly realised characters, full of quirks and humanity. Thought provoking and sensitive analysis of basic human rights and an engaging appreciation of Kurt Vonnegut.

AccuWeather
AccuWeather

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 17 Sept. 2013
This review is from: AccuWeather (App)
This is a really helpful and accurate app. I use it almost every day and it hasn't let me down once so far.

Standing in Another Man's Grave: A John Rebus Novel
Standing in Another Man's Grave: A John Rebus Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Paige Turner, 4 July 2013
A really satisfying read, complete with Led Zep references, Fox and Cafferty. If you're a Rebus fan, this is one of Rankin's best. The plotting and dialogue as good as anything in the series. This is an exuberant return of the delightfully sardonixc

The Look Of Love
The Look Of Love

5.0 out of 5 stars Aural Liquid Gold, 31 May 2013
This review is from: The Look Of Love (MP3 Download)
I first heard this in a film. I think it was the rather bonkers 'Casino Royale' with James Bond played by various actors (including David Niven and Woody Alllen, if memory serves). I was struck by it then and reminded of it by the publicity for the new Paul Raymond/Steve Coogan film. Disappointed to discover it wasn't on any of the Dusty compilation CDs I'd gathered over the years, I ordered it as a download. Have played it many times since. Gorgeous. Much better as an erotic soundtrack than any Barry White or whoever, if you happened to be looking for that sort of thing...

Humax Freeview playback Digital TV Recorder PVR-9150T 160GB Twin Tuner PVR
Humax Freeview playback Digital TV Recorder PVR-9150T 160GB Twin Tuner PVR

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought Sep 2011, started messing up in 2012, 31 May 2013
This product started malfunctioning after about a year. At the moment, it won't play or record any BBC channels. They break up into weird vertical strips with screwed up sound. For a while, it was all the 4 channels (Ch4, Ch4+1, E4, More4 etc) doing the same thing. I also get a message telling me the aerial cable is short-circuited but I had my aerial replaced relatively recently and my TV receives everything perfectly well. I've reset, restored and re-installed until the cows come home but nothing helps. I suppose I just got a duff one. Lots of friends recommended Humax, after I had a similarly awful experience with my previous (Philips) Freeview HD/DVD player/recorder. Ho hum...

Spirit Level(Clinometer)
Spirit Level(Clinometer)

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 12 May 2013
This review is from: Spirit Level(Clinometer) (App)
It does exactly what it says on the tin, unlike some so-called apps, and it's free as well. Excellent value!

ToView
ToView

3.0 out of 5 stars Misnomer, 12 May 2013
This review is from: ToView (App)
It connects you to live TV but it's not a catch up tool. I thought it would bring together links to 4OD, BBC iPlayer, Demand 5, ITV Player etc.

Dymo S0758380 LetraTag LT-100T Qwerty Label Maker Plus Tape - Grey
Dymo S0758380 LetraTag LT-100T Qwerty Label Maker Plus Tape - Grey

1.0 out of 5 stars Tape kept getting stuck, 12 May 2013
Had to return it for a refund. Tape kept getting stuck. Sadly, I'd already bought perfectly functional mains charger and more tape, which I didn't feel I could return and so lost out on. Let that be a lesson to all: never buy the extras until the product has proved itself!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 20, 2013 10:22 AM GMT

Ain't No Sunshine [Clean]
Ain't No Sunshine [Clean]

5.0 out of 5 stars Just beautiful, 12 May 2013
If you know the track, you don't need me to tell you: GORGEOUS! It's better than Barry White, if you're looking for a bit of mood music for some luvin'...

Compass
Compass

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work, 12 May 2013
This review is from: Compass (App)
I couldn't get the needle to point anywhere but north, no matter how I moved it around. Am I missing something?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3