Profile for Dfarmer > Reviews

Content by Dfarmer

Dfarmer

Speedlink Black Widow Flightstick
Speedlink Black Widow Flightstick

4.0 out of 5 stars First joystick experience, great but not flawless, 1 Feb. 2015
As my first joystick I don't have much to compare it with, but have thoroughly enjoyed playing Elite: Dangerous with it. Feels very sturdy and handles pretty well.
Just a few issues I've found:
Joystick is a bit stiff and the rudder controls on the throttle are a tad awkward. The lack of rotation on the joystick is a bit disappointing as well. Also, the cd didn't seem to run in my optical drive (other disks are fine) - it made some horrible noise when it had been in for a few seconds. Thankfully usb plug in and play works. I tried to download and install driver from their website but that didn't seem to have worked so I'm lacking in the vibration function but that doesn't bother me too much.

All in all, you can tell this is a cheap model, but for the next one up it's almost double the price so I can't complain!

Accmart 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Mouse Mice + USB 2.0 Receiver for PC Laptop Black
Offered by accmart

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money, not great though, 29 Dec. 2014
Bought this while it was apparently reduced to about £3. It works well, connects simply and is nice, especially for this price. Had I paid £10 for it however I wouldn't have been too happy. It feels somewhat cheap - the battery cover is difficult to remove from it to access the batteries and receiver storage point. And the receiver storage point is difficult itself to remove the receiver from so I don't generally store it there.
As an actual mouse, it is nice to use though, so for the cheaper price I would recommend.

ISASSYNew Unisex Women Mens Knitted Knit Winter Warm Ski Crochet Slouch Hat Cap Beanie Candy color

1.0 out of 5 stars Just awful, 29 Dec. 2014
Definitely not knitted or warm. Made from some strange thick nylon-y material and looked dreadful. Definitely do not buy.

IVSO® Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Case For Google Nexus 7 Tablet (BLACK Keys)
IVSO® Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Case For Google Nexus 7 Tablet (BLACK Keys)

5.0 out of 5 stars So good for my uni work, 25 Nov. 2013
I got this so that I could type my lecture notes during lectures and it just works so seemlessly. It's great, I couldn't have asked for better. Also looks really good as a case and would probably save the tablet from serious screen damage.

Really happy because when it came there wasn't an off/on switch where there should've been. The case rattled a bit so I removed the silver plastic trim from the black back casing and found the switch inside. I managed to get that back into place and reattach everything and now it's fine.

Just a word of warning is all

Rink Drink Boston Cocktail Shaker Gift Set + FREE Colour Book, Hawthorn Strainer, Muddler, Bar Spoon With Masher, 25ml and 50ml Thimble Measures - Great kit!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a novice, 25 Nov. 2013
HAving wnated to get into cocktail making for a while I decided to finally invest in a proper set and this is just great. It may not be of the highest quality but it gets the job done. The cocktail book is handy, with some more obscure cocktails that sound really nice

Pokémon X (Nintendo 3DS)
Pokémon X (Nintendo 3DS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Veteran to the series and this is the best one yet, 25 Nov. 2013
Played the pokemon games since red, at least one for each generation and this really is great. Moving onto the 3DS allowed for such a big advance in mechanics it's like playing a completely new and fresh game, while the others seemed like the same game in different regions with different pokemon.

CENTRIX 'TREND' RUCKSACK BACKPACK - 11 GREAT COLOURS (APPLE GREEN)
CENTRIX 'TREND' RUCKSACK BACKPACK - 11 GREAT COLOURS (APPLE GREEN)
Offered by TEAM SOUTH WEST Ltd.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for my Finn costume, 25 Nov. 2013
Got this for my Finn the Human costume and it's certainly great for that.
Also use it for use at uni and it fits my stuff perfectly fine.

It is a bit small and seems a bit cheaply made so wouldn't recommend for heavy usage.

My main gripe was that when I tried to adjust the straps the clip that allows for adjusting snapped as it was made of thin cheap plastic. I just tied the two bits of strap together and it's fine now, just a bit irritating is all

NERF N-Strike  Elite Strongarm Blaster
NERF N-Strike Elite Strongarm Blaster

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 25 Nov. 2013
I use this for my assassin's guild games at university and it's great. Not too big so easy to conceal and so much more reliable than the maverick.
It does jam if trying to fire too quickly but for the most part it is quick, reliable and accurate

10x Original Universal Capacitive Stylus Touchscreen Pen for ipad 1 & 2, 3 iPhone 5, 4s , HTC, Tablet pc, Asus Tablets, Advent, Samsung Galaxy, Mobile Phones, PC, Blackberry Playbook & Phones, Android and all other Capacitive Screens Devices (10x, mixed colour )
Offered by cheap4uk

2.0 out of 5 stars Exacttly what you paid for, 25 Nov. 2013
These are incredibly cheap per stylus, and as such really aren't that great. Almost impossible to use when tablet (nexus 7) is in it''s stand and still pretty tempramental whenn it's laid flat on the desk.
Work when used slowly and carefully but don't expect them to be reliable when you're making notes in a hurry

CnM Core 60Gb 60 gb 2.5 inch External Hard Drive Portable USB 2.0 - Pocket Size Slim - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and well priced, 25 April 2012
The product is exactly as stated, a 60GB external hard drive that really is tiny. It has a cable that requires 2usb ports to work but this wasn't a problem for me as I only have my mouse plugged into my laptop. Easy to start up and I immediately backed up my files, with it being detected and installed within seconds of putting into the pc.

Makes a slight noise while working but nothing more than a pc's fan whirring.

It really is small and light, would easily fit in my pocket and barely noticeable weight wise.

I would thoroughly recommend this to anyone that wants to store files as a back up or for easy transfer for system to system however 60GB isn't big enough for a system restore image to be made so you won't be able to back up onto that.

Finally, to anyone worried about whether this works on 64bit Windows 7 I can assure you it does. It's just the additional software you can download (with the promotional code that comes in the box) that allows for various encrypting that is 34bit only.
I wouldn't have used this software so I didn't feel it necessary to deduct a score for that. However some notice in the description would be nice.

All in all, very very happy, would recommend.