Profile for paul > Reviews

Content by paul

paul

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
M is for Matty-Bob (A-Z of Horror Book 13)
M is for Matty-Bob (A-Z of Horror Book 13)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant!, 9 May 2015
Funniest thing I've ever read!!!! Iain Rob Wright I also love you.....maybe not in the same way as Marty Bob though! Self-indulgent and totally brilliant.

L is for Lamia (A-Z of Horror Book 12)
L is for Lamia (A-Z of Horror Book 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody women!, 8 May 2015
Iain seems to have a thing about nasty evil creepy women. In this story he reaches a new level. I think Iain had fun writing this one I certainly had fun reading it. Good twist at the end too. Yep another winner from Iain.

K is for Klutz (A-Z of Horror Book 11)
K is for Klutz (A-Z of Horror Book 11)

4.0 out of 5 stars Another winner, 8 May 2015
Really enjoyed this one. Imagine killing everyone you touch, for one poor guy this curse is real and he's finally had enough. There has been a terrific variety in these A-Z stories....some work some don't. Iains final collection will be one of the best around and this story is one of the highlights. Good addition to the collection.

J is for Jaws (A-Z of Horror Book 10)
J is for Jaws (A-Z of Horror Book 10)

4.0 out of 5 stars This ones a hit, 1 May 2015
One criticism before i start....too short! Great story, obviously nothing new...sea monsters and all that but expertly handled. Ive read enough of these to know where it was going, i would have given it a five star but i wanted it to be padded out a bit more (thats just my gripe with short stories in general though). Again though a great filler between books. This series (A-Z) has been fun so far, obviously you`re not going to like them all but there are more hits than misses. This one is a hit.

I is for Ice (A-Z of Horror Book 9)
I is for Ice (A-Z of Horror Book 9)

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 30 April 2015
A-Z of horror. I hope Iain isn't struggling for ideas or that he has peaked with the wonderful G story. This one again felt a bit forced. Could be be as I'm not really a fan of short stories. I hope Iain picks up again as I havent really enjoyed the last couple. Good perhaps in a full collection but disappointing as a stand alone.

H is for Hell (A-Z of Horror Book 8)
H is for Hell (A-Z of Horror Book 8)

3.0 out of 5 stars H is for hit and miss, 30 April 2015
I've always found short stories a bit hit and miss. That's no reflection on the authors but there's little time for character development in a short and for me to counteract that you need a really super idea otherwise it's just sort of meh. Unfortunately this ( for me at least) was like that. The whole idea of the A-Z is a good idea but only if you have the stories. This just felt for me like I need a filler for H...sorry Iain. Loving some in the series but not all.

G is for Genome (A-Z of Horror Book 7)
G is for Genome (A-Z of Horror Book 7)

5.0 out of 5 stars G is for Genius!, 24 April 2015
This is the best in the series so far! I absolutely loved this one. Without giving too much away it's about cloning. Brilliantly written this could have been a disaster in the wrong hands but Iain Rob Wright makes the incredible seem believable. Iain you have outdone yourself sir. I wish I could say more but I don't want to spoil the surprise. Top notch! Genius!

Midway: A Deep Sea Thriller
Midway: A Deep Sea Thriller

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic story, reminded me of Stephen King in his ..., 12 April 2015
Absolutely fantastic story, reminded me of Stephen King in his prime, with his short stories like The Raft. Once you pick this up you`ll finish it in one sitting. Nathan is fast becoming one of the best horror writers in Britain. I received a free copy of this a while ago before it was published and its so good i have bought a `real` copy for my kindle.
Superb stuff!

E is for Exterminator (A-Z of Horror Book 5)
E is for Exterminator (A-Z of Horror Book 5)

3.0 out of 5 stars Bugs me, 24 Mar. 2015
Here's what bugs me about short stories (pardon the pun) , very few authors have the ability to end them well. The story is fine and will probably have you itching and scratching but I'm always left unsatisfied by these sort of stories,they either seem rushed or to have run out of ideas..and I mean shorts in general not just Iain Rob Wright stories. Anyway apart from the ending this is another good addition to the A-Z series Iain has embarked on. Fans of his will love it as will anyone following the series and that's all you can ask for. My fav from the series was D and Amazon banned that one!

C is for Clown (A-Z of Horror Book 3)
C is for Clown (A-Z of Horror Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Funny!, 16 Feb. 2015
Clowns are not funny! Especially the one that Stacey is about to discover while babysitting. The third in Iains A to Z of horror. Bring on number 4!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5