Profile for J. Knox > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Archos Gmini XS202 20GB MP3 player
Archos Gmini XS202 20GB MP3 player

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 15 Nov. 2007
Just thought I'd add to the praise for this mp3.

I've had mine since March 2006 and although it's taken a few tumbles in that time it's still going strong. Also most people are amazed that it has a 20Gb drive in such a small unit.

The manual could explain the playlist and editing features better but once I fathomed it out I rarely need to plug the archos into a USB (only to add stuff)

I strongly recommend this mp3

The Sweet Escape
The Sweet Escape
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars A mixed bag, 14 Jan. 2007
This review is from: The Sweet Escape (Audio CD)
I love stefani's voice and bought the album on that basis.

Although I liked a few of the tracks , most of them had lyrics that were sub-Madonna and quite a few sounded like 'My humps' by the BEP (possibly my least favourite song of all time).

However if you like Madonna or the BEP then you'll probably love this!

Tragedy Rocks
Tragedy Rocks
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Witty and melodic, 30 July 2006
This review is from: Tragedy Rocks (Audio CD)
The Amazon pages kept recommending this album and I eventually gave in and bought it - this is one of the best cds I've listened to in the past 6 months. The lyrics are good and the songs have memorable tunes. The vocals remind me occasionally of Mike scott from the Waterboys but unlike some other 'now' bands (clap your hands,Arcade fire etc) the guy can actually hit the notes without it sounding painful.

Best song - Bad vibrations.

Waiting for a Miracle
Waiting for a Miracle

5.0 out of 5 stars still a great album, 22 Mar. 2006
This review is from: Waiting for a Miracle (Audio CD)
Having owned this on vinyl for many years, I decided to dig it out and give it another listen. I was pleased to find it hadn't dated much.
Although a bit twee and folksy at times, it really is an excellent collection of beautiful witty songs. Some tracks are actually very relevent to current times eg the trouble with normal and wish I had a rocket launcher.But he can turn on the sentiment - Coldest night of the year is a great xmas song!
I will now be buying this in cd form (on import)

The Others
The Others
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

3.0 out of 5 stars Fairly average, 13 Mar. 2006
This review is from: The Others (Audio CD)
Having heard 'William' and really liking it - I decided to buy the album. The reviews from NME etc would imply it 'can change your life' 'Britains most worshipped band' but I found that it was fairly average. Not sure if it sounds like the Libertines but it reminded me of a poor mans Kings of Leon. Its not mince but certainly NOT life changing - bit over-hyped perhaps??

The Soul Sessions
The Soul Sessions
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

3.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, 3 Jan. 2006
This review is from: The Soul Sessions (Audio CD)
At just over 40mins for the whole album and the worst track (number 10- it's appauling) being 7 1/2 mins long I am afraid I felt a little cheated. I wouldn't waste any more money on her.

Page: 1 | 2