Profile for bibliophile > Reviews

Big Book of Weekend Crochet
Big Book of Weekend Crochet
by Hilary Mackin

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, I'm really pleased, 18 Jun. 2015
There are at least 7 designs in the book that I will be making . Excellent value, I'm really pleased .

"Good Housekeeping" Knitting in Style
"Good Housekeeping" Knitting in Style
by Angela Kennedy

2.0 out of 5 stars This book is only worth buying if you like patterns with a dropped shoulder, 31 Mar. 2015
This book is only worth buying if you like patterns with a dropped shoulder. 19 of the patterns consist of just two rectangles with sleeves, and several more have just a few stitches decreased at the arehole. There is one pattern for an aran sweater in 4ply with set-in sleeves, and another has raglan sleeves. The only thing that saved this book being a total waste of money were the number of 4ply patterns, even if it means adjusting the pattern to give more shape to the items.

Two Wheels on my Wagon: A Bicycle Adventure in the Wild West
Two Wheels on my Wagon: A Bicycle Adventure in the Wild West

5.0 out of 5 stars not just another bike race, 6 May 2013
I really enjoyed every page of this book. It's very well written, about a race down the great divide from the top of America to the mexican border. Paul writes about it so well that I felt I was riding with him, sharing the highs and lows, [physical and mental,] the scenery, the heat of the deserts, the comradeship. Ideal reading for for anyone thinking of taking part in a race of this kind, but a really good read for anyone who likes travel books.

niceeshop 18 Sizes 36cm Bamboo Knitting Needles Single Pointed Sizes 2.0-10.0mm
niceeshop 18 Sizes 36cm Bamboo Knitting Needles Single Pointed Sizes 2.0-10.0mm
Offered by fortunemart-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Exellent value lovely smooth light needles, 12 Jan. 2013
At the price I wasn't sure what the quality of the needles would be like, but after trying them out I'm really pleased. They are very smooth and light, and I'm sure I've knitted more in half an hour than I normally would. I think I might have to buy another set if my grandaughter tries them, as don't think I would get them back.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 8, 2014 2:54 PM GMT

Where Does That Footpath Lead?: The Story of One Woman's Run from Land's End to John O'Groats
by Carole Loader

2.0 out of 5 stars Disapointing, 21 Aug. 2012
I looked forward to reading this book, but found it very disapointing. I'm not sure if the contents really were her blog printed out and published, but that was the impression it gave me. In the end I became fed up of reading about her meals, and how many times her feet got wet, and abandoned it. At least Cancer Reserch will benifit, as I shall donate it to our local branch.