Profile for MISTERWINT > Reviews

Montblanc Emblem EDT Spray for Men 60 ml
Montblanc Emblem EDT Spray for Men 60 ml
Offered by Fragrance New York

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Aroma, 18 Jan. 2016
lovely aroma. It starts out with a refreshing citrus hit then settles with a woody mellow spice

Purely Everyday DL 110 x 220 mm 100 gsm Peel And Seal Envelope - White (Pack of 50)

5.0 out of 5 stars a nice add-on to save postage charges., 31 Dec. 2015
they're envelopes made from paper and not very exciting but then envelopes rarely are unless they contain cheques for millions of pounds, which of course these don't. They're all empty. Unused!

Antec Notebook Cooler Designer
Antec Notebook Cooler Designer

5.0 out of 5 stars a cool Designer cooler., 31 Dec. 2015
I was sceptical about buying one of these coolers but I saw a YouTube review and decided that this could be the one for me. I use it under a MacBook Pro (MGXC2B/A) i7 2.5, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GT750M with Retina Display and this sits nicely and firmly. There's no unevenness or wobbles/rocking. I mainly wanted it for when I'm playing games because the top of my MacBook gets rather warm. When not playing games and under normal use I unplug from the USB as there's no need for the fan running. During use when gaming I was very surprised to feel the amount of warm air being expelled from the rear of the cooler. I can't tell you exactly how much cooler my MacBook ran but certainly to touch the top it didn't seem as warm and plus if the Antec Cooler Designer is expelling warm air then that's a sign that it effectively works.

Also it gives a nice amount of tilt making the keyboard more ergonomically pleasing to use.

I am very pleased with this purchase.

Mens Pack Of 3 Thick Elastic Football Hair Headbands
Mens Pack Of 3 Thick Elastic Football Hair Headbands
Offered by AllsortsAccessoriesUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Dec. 2015
seem good quality and a good price.

VENGEANCE
VENGEANCE

1.0 out of 5 stars REALLY BAD, 25 Oct. 2015
This review is from: VENGEANCE (Kindle Edition)
A really bad book. If you like to be shocked then there's lots of graphic content but it doesn't match up to a coherent story. Weak characters. Shocking spelling.

I think before becoming an author it's aways better to get a GCSE in English before picking up the pen and putting it to paper.

The Fear Trilogy - Three Thriller Novels (Run, Snowbound, Abandon)
The Fear Trilogy - Three Thriller Novels (Run, Snowbound, Abandon)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great trilogy, 8 Jun. 2015
All three are very different. Each one kept me glued from start to finish. I can't think that any one is better or worse. All equally good.

Kindle Voyage 3G E-reader, 6" High-Resolution Display (300 ppi) with Adaptive Built-in Light, PagePress Sensors, Free 3G + Wi-Fi

5.0 out of 5 stars MISTERWINT'S Kindle Voyage Wifi-3G, 23 May 2015
I've upgraded from the PaperWhite 3G which was two years old and working perfectly well so I have to question whether or not this is a valid upgrade for me at this time. I think it's a YES and a NO. The moment I held this new Kindle I thought I'd made a mistake. It felt too light when comparing to the PaperWhite but after a couple of hours of holding in use I find the lighter weight to be quite acceptable.

The new page turn buttons are fine in use in the right had if you're right handed but if in the left hand and you're a right handed person then I personally couldn't find any way at all to use the left side. It made me wonder if even a left handed person could use the left side as easily as I can use the right side coz no matter how I held it in my left hand I couldn't use it. All this of course is while I'm operating with one hand. As well as the page turn buttons there's also the screen swipe for page turning.

300ppi I'm sure looks good to those with great eyes but even with my glasses on I can't notice the improvement in text but if you use your menu in Cover Mode then the cover art does look much sharper. The new light is amazing. I have to view at various angles to see where the light source comes from. Light is even across the screen with no shadowy blobs that the first generation PaperWhite suffered from. The light now comes with an ambient light sensor and so with this running there's no need for manually changing the brightness as it's all done for you. You can of course switch this off and set your own level of brightness as you wish.

The screen is much more responsive compared to previous models I've used and so much more pleasant when dragging those cursors over the text you wish to highlight. The screen now sits flush with the surface of the whole thing. Gone is the raised bezel. Everything is now flat and continuous which makes for easier cleaning coz there's no longer edges and corners for bits and gunk to collect in. Aside from the practical benefits, having the screen fit flush with the casing makes the whole thing look very sexy-gadget.

The power button now sits on the back of the case, the upper right side. I never liked the button on the bottom. After a week of use I'm now used to it being on the back. The battery doesn't last as long. I used to get a week out of my PaperWhite using it with 3G but I get around 5 days on the Voyage with 3G switched on, which still isn't bad. I should think I'd get 7 days if I switched off 3G. I read nearly 4 hours a day, hence me not getting 5-8 weeks from this and previous Kindles. The 3G reception on the Voyage seems to be stronger than on the Kindle PaperWhite.

The software is more acceptable now the screen fits flush and the faster response times. I won't go into everything the software has because this is a review rather than an instruction booklet but I will tell you that the UK version doesn't yet have Goodreads integration. USA, Canada and Australia have it on their Kindle software but not us poor Brits. This annoys me greatly and I hope amazon read this and give us it sooner than very.

4GB of storage is nice and I intend to fill it.

So the question is, is it worth an upgrade from the Kindle PaperWhite? Assuming your PaperWhite is fully functioning then I have to answer, NO. If you want a new shiny gadget that gives you a more polished user experience then the answer is, YES.

I would like to say a big thank you to PAYE TROLLS who without your contributions, this purchase would not have been possible.

Colgate A1500 ProClinical Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Colgate A1500 ProClinical Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush

5.0 out of 5 stars I've moved from an Oral B to this mainly out of interest and the very good price. I think I made the right choice, 22 Mar. 2015
it feels very light and cheap and sounds cheap too and I wonder if it will make it past the two year guarantee. That aside, my teeth have never felt as clean as they do using this. I've moved from an Oral B to this mainly out of interest and the very good price. I think I made the right choice.

Spigen SGP10905 Slim Armor Cover Case for iPhone 6 plus - Gunmetal
Spigen SGP10905 Slim Armor Cover Case for iPhone 6 plus - Gunmetal

5.0 out of 5 stars A high-end case for a high-end smartphone, 16 Mar. 2015
Great case that fits the 6 Plus very well. There's a stand you can pull out thats really useful

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Mar. 2015
Lovely woody aroma. Smells quite harsh to begin with but within 5 minutes has settled and smells delightful.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11