Profile for JimmyG > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Puzzle Mates Jigsaw Puzzle Sorting Trays Jigsaw Puzzle Accessory
Puzzle Mates Jigsaw Puzzle Sorting Trays Jigsaw Puzzle Accessory

4.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, just needs a small improvement, 14 July 2016
So having suddenly got into doing Jigsaws, or to be more accurate WASGIJ I decided that instead of just rummaging in the box looking for pieces I needed a bit more organization After looking around I plumped for these jigsaw trays by Jumbo, after all they are a Jigsaw company and the logic being they should know what folk want from an organisor.
They arrived next day via Prime and as usual they were packaged to protect the product.
Other reviewers have complained about the size, flimsieness of the trays, but I don't see this as a huge problem. True you can't place the pieces in such a manner as you can see all of them at once, but I don't think this is designed for that task. It's to help you group colours, edges etc together to make identification easier. If you're buying this then chances are you have a Jigsaw pad/roll already and that's where you will be assembling your pieces. This is just an aid to that process.

Now I have dropped a point for the lid, this really should have been sturdier as this is the part that will be protecting your pieces and as such will get the highest amount of abuse.

Having said all of the above these trays are spot on for those of us who like puzzles, and I reckon they will certainly make my life that little bit easier.

I would have no hesitation in purchasing this again or in recommending it, it would have been a 5 star product but for the lid.

Storm Front (Derrick Storm Book 1)
Storm Front (Derrick Storm Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Boring and unbelievable, 11 July 2016
I have tried very hard to like this book after all they are very popular, but I hate to say it failed for me in so many ways. The writing style is lazy and simplistic. The main character/Hero is just too good to be true. Secondary characters are pulled out of the how to write characters to make your main character loom good hand book, they aren't even 2 dimensional flat and boring is being generous.
I gave it 3 stars because I don't believe so many others can be wrong maybe it's just me. I won't be bothering with this author again.

Wasgij 1000 Piece Original 19 Cone-Gestion Jigsaw Puzzle
Wasgij 1000 Piece Original 19 Cone-Gestion Jigsaw Puzzle

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Top Notch Puzzle by Jumbo, 11 July 2016
I love WASGIJ puzzles, in fact so far they are the only jigsaw I have done this is number 6 for me and while initially I thought it was the easiest one I had done to date, it has turned out to be the hardest.
WASGIJ are always busy and the art for the cartoons is top notch, however this one isn't as busy as some of the others and lots of the puzzle has very similar pieces. This is not a criticism in any way what so ever however if your new to WASGIJ maybe you should try one of the others first.
*SPOILER ALERT* Now the situation on the finished puzzle will be familiar to all motorists, if not in fact then certainly in their imagination.

Once more remember WASGIJ are not what you see on the box the puzzle solution is what the characters see.
Another excellent puzzle by Jumbo and one I am happy to have completed and another ticked off the list. Keep them coming Jumbo keep them coming

Created, The Destroyer: Number 1 in Series
Created, The Destroyer: Number 1 in Series

5.0 out of 5 stars Unashamedly aimed at men, 3 July 2016
First read Remo Williams in the 70s as a young squaddie. These books used to be read them left on room tables for anyone to pick up. So happy to see these on kindle and more importantly they are still as much fun as I recall. This is the first in the long running series and so it is introducing us to the main characters and as the title says it's about the creation of Reno Williams aka the destroyer, and gives us a glimpse into the secret organisation that goes by the name of CURE. Not one for the politically correct and this one shows it was written in the 70s. A fun read aimed squarely at men. I have since found the executioner series on kindle all I need now is killmaster to make its way over and hog heaven will be complete.

Natural Raspberry Ketone 6500mg (60 capsules) - No Fillers or additives, easy swallow vegetarian capsules
Offered by Hectic Lifestyles

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't help me, 3 July 2016
Didn't help at all with weight loss, in fact I felt hungrier but that's possibly just me. Anyway went on to a more traditionalists of excersize and smaller portions and guess what I am losing weight

Wasgij Destiny 8 - High Season  1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle
Wasgij Destiny 8 - High Season 1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle

5.0 out of 5 stars Beguiling Fun, 26 Jun. 2016
What can you say about WASGIJ that hasn't already been said?
These Jigsaw are not to everyone's taste, but if you like a real challenge and you like quality items you can't go wrong with these.
I started doing them because TV bores most nights, and I love the idea of sitting down and getting the old grey matter going. Yes at times this puzzle frustrates, and yes I had nearly convinced myself that I had in actual fact purchased a puzzle that had half of the pieces changed by some evil packet. Well all the correct pieces were there it was just me and my befuddled brain.
So yes I am a fan, and I have 2 more waiting to be done. I love em.

Laken Clasica 1 Liter Water Bottle Canteen Blue
Laken Clasica 1 Liter Water Bottle Canteen Blue
Offered by LakenUSA

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat piece of kit for us day hikers, 11 Jun. 2016
I asked a question about how long it would keep water cool for and thanks to the positive reply this influenced me to purchase this item.
The water bottle itself is well made and a classic shape and design though with modern features. It is made from aluminium and lined with a bpa free lining no need to worry about nasty toxins in your fluids. The neoprene cover assists in not only making this an easy item to carry for us day hikers that do not want to lug a day sack around with us but also acts as a protective cover and a insulating material keeping your water cool throughout the hike, and that is a big plus in my book I hate warm water on a hot day hiking. There has been some criticism about the chain holding the cap on to the bottle, and yes it is a little cheap but I don't see this as a problem if you really think your going to abuse this bottle that much then either change the chain of buy a different bottle.

All in as a neat piece of kit from a top manufacturer am very pleased with my purchase

The Longest Siege: Tobruk - The Battle That Saved North Africa
The Longest Siege: Tobruk - The Battle That Saved North Africa
by Robert Lyman

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy interesting read, 7 May 2016
Easy to read and enjoyable. Author writes in such a style that makes this easy to understand.
My wife's grandfather was captured in Tobruck and I wanted to know more about this side of our family history. This book held my interest throughout, unlike some other military historians who try to be clever or just plain boring. This author writes in an easy enjoyable style. Will look out for more by him.

Airfix 1:72 Focke Wulf FW190A-8 Aircraft Model Kit
Airfix 1:72 Focke Wulf FW190A-8 Aircraft Model Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Great scale model kit, 20 April 2016
Another new tool for a classic kit
Airfix has certainly turned up the pressure on other model manufacturers with their new tooling of old kits. This is a good example of how a scale model kit should be. Clear instructions, clean parts with no flash. Good fit of parts and once built makes a lovely little model.
Be aware that this is 1/72 scale model kit and so is small and is most certainly not a toy. You will need glue, paints etc. To complete this, in addition look at the camoflage scheme, this is not a simple scheme to do, it is a complex paint job. However it is achievable with just a brush and some patient work. You do not need an airbrush just time.

A good fun kit for an experienced modeller.

Thomas & Friends: Dinos & Discoveries [DVD]
Thomas & Friends: Dinos & Discoveries [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mark Moraghan

5.0 out of 5 stars Toot Toot Thomas saves the weekends, 20 April 2016
Once more Amazon have amazed me with the speed of delivery.

The product has been purchased with my grandson in mind, he loves playing on his parents tablets but as far as his Gramps (that's me) is concerned he needs some quality time with me, and who better to spend it with but Thomas.

I decided that I could not wait for him to come and that I didn't want to disappoint him when he turned up so the only thing to do was to unwrap the package and make sure it was suitable for Gramps and Grandson time.
With bated breath I slipped the disc into the machine and settled down to ensure a thorough test was carried out. The joy that lit up my face as the familiar tune sang out and assaulted my senses. The thrills and excitement that washed over me as our little blue friend and the other engines chuffed around on their adventures. 1 hour later I knew I had made the right choice, while he is with Gramps no electronic mind stealing beeps and boings oh no weekend visits will be filled with toot toots on the screen and re-enactment of Thomas adventure on the island of rug.

Thank you Thomas, thank you Amazon another young mind shall learn the value of play.

One very happy Grandparent is now anticipating a Happy Grandchild.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20