Profile for Cocodemer > Reviews

Cocodemer

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Even More Ketchup than Salsa: The Final Dollop
Even More Ketchup than Salsa: The Final Dollop

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the first book in my humble opinion., 9 Jun. 2014
Maybe ,it was because the adventure had ended but I did not enjoy this book as much. Towards the end, the attitude seemed a bit take it or leave it with regards customer care. I was glad I had not visited the bar in the last throes of their ownership.

Desert Snow - One Girl's Take On Africa By Bike
Desert Snow - One Girl's Take On Africa By Bike

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 9 Jun. 2014
I was disappointed to see that the words 'sitting' and 'standing' seem to have disappeared from the English language,(although I recall 'standing' being used once!) they are continually substituted by 'sat' and 'stood'. Okay I am a bit picky but it really annoys me and as this is my review, I don't care! Having had a moan, I thought this book was beautifully written and Helen's courage and determination shine through.

Thunder and Sunshine: Around the World by Bike Part Two: Riding Home from Patagonia (2nd edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars i was sorry when it ended, 18 May 2014
What a great read and so well written. Alastair holds your interest throughout. Quite an achievement and it was heartwarming to see things turned out so well for him.

BISSELL 2402E Sturdy Sweep Floor Cleaner - Blue
BISSELL 2402E Sturdy Sweep Floor Cleaner - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 12 May 2014
This is a great product and does what it says on the tin. However it is a bit tinny and if Bissell spent a bit more on the product it could be doubly fantastic! It picks up everything on all surfaces and because of it's smaller size, can go easily under things like kitchen chairs. Also goes under furniture with a few inches clearance of the floor which you would normally have to move. Very impressed.

Moods of Future Joys: Around the World by Bike - Part 1
Moods of Future Joys: Around the World by Bike - Part 1

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 9 May 2014
What a great adventure. Well written and, believe it or not, you can actually write a whole book without one swear word in it; other authors please note. You feel you are with Alastair all the way. To write an interesting account of a journey of that length is something in itself. I am currently reading Part 2 and it is just as good.

Phoenix from the Ashes: The Boat that Rebuilt Our Lives
Phoenix from the Ashes: The Boat that Rebuilt Our Lives

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 9 May 2014
Quite a life change for this couple and good for them to follow their dream. I am afraid I got a bit bored in the end although it was quite well written which is why I gave it 3 stars. Perhaps I have read to many of this type of book.

Breaking Seas: An overweight, middle-aged computer nerd buys his first boat, quits his job, and sails off to adventure

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad read but a disappointing end., 23 April 2014
I quite enjoyed this book which was well written and held your interest well. I guess I like a happy ending!

Far Out: Sailing Into a Disappearing World
Far Out: Sailing Into a Disappearing World

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait for the next adventure, 23 April 2014
Well written (except for the rather annoying Americanism which crept in several times in the form of 'fit' instead of fitted, - I thought Corinna was educated in England!) Apart from my slight criticism there, it is an extremely interesting book, written with great warmth.

Every Inch of the Way; My Bike Ride Around the World
Every Inch of the Way; My Bike Ride Around the World

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 23 April 2014
Very interesting journey through places I knew little about. His adventure is told In an entertaining and informative way and holds your interest throughout. Highly recommended.

Narrow Margins - a laugh-out-loud book about life on the waterways (Narrow Boat 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good read, 3 April 2014
Marie writes a book which makes good reading, with humour and understanding of the difficulties of life aboard a narrow boat. It has made me think about how pleasant it would be to follow in her steps.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9