Profile for Mr. D. E. ROBERTS > Reviews

Content by Mr. D. E. ROBERTS

Mr. D. E. ROBERTS (North Yorkshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Logitech Z120 Laptop Speakers 3.5mm USB
Logitech Z120 Laptop Speakers 3.5mm USB

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent small speakers, 17 Feb. 2014
I'm astounded at just how good these speakers are. The sound is crystal clear and the bass is superb. All you need for connection is a spare jack socket and a spare USB socket. The first music I played was an old favourite of mine Badge by Cream which I knew had a great bass line and it sounded marvellous. Don't let the cheap price put you off because the sound quality is excellent and the speakers themselves are quite sturdy.

Hangerworld 43cm (17") Strong Plastic Coat Clothes Hangers with Notches - All Purpose, Pack of 20, Black
Offered by Hangerworld

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose, 5 Nov. 2013
I've had these hangers a month now and already two have snapped. I can't understand
why the majority view is so good but I find them flimsy and the plastic is thin. They
are alright for light-weight items such as shirts and tops but totally inadequate for
heavier items such as pullovers or coats. Contrary to what one commenter said, the hook
actually does rotate but this does not make up for the general poor quality of the hanger.

I bought these hangers for £7.50 and I notice that the price has shot up to £9.95.
Another reason not to buy. So, buyers beware.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 30, 2015 11:45 AM BST

A Place Where I Can Go
A Place Where I Can Go

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding songs and guitar, 8 Oct. 2013
This review is from: A Place Where I Can Go (Audio CD)
Superb singing from Kiki and top-notch guitar playing from Carmelo. I used to love Kiki back in the day
but lost touch with her and it was only through seeing her on BBC Breakfast that I found out about this CD.
I loved the sound and immmediately pre-ordered it. I think that Kiki is one of the great singers of our time
and her soul-infected vocals on this CD are just gorgeous. I must admit that I'd never heard of Carmelo Luggeri
(pronounced Luggairy apparently) even though guitar is my thing and he has worked with a long list of top musicians.
Favourite tracks currently are Keep the Sun, Sweeter Rain and Sidesteppin' with a Soulman which is one of the best
songs that I've heard in years. It gets me every time. Superb CD with not a duff track on it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb song, superb singer., 13 Aug. 2013
What a voice Jo Harman has with such depth and soulfulness. Definitely a star in the making.
The song Sweet Man Moses was written by Jo for her father and has an emotional gospel feel to it.
Anyone who loves the voices Joanne Shaw Taylor, Dani Wilde, Samantha Fish etc will love this.

Niquitin Minis 1.5mg 60 Mint Lozenges
Niquitin Minis 1.5mg 60 Mint Lozenges
Offered by TEEKAY HEALTH

2.0 out of 5 stars Unpleasant taste and burning sensation, 24 July 2013
I bought these for my wife who currently smokes about 10 cigarettes a day plus she also uses an electronic cigarette.
She reports that the lozenges do take away the craving but have a most unpleasant taste and cause a burning sensation
in the mouth. She is, however, persisting with them (mainly for my benefit) and alternating between taking a lozenge and
smoking a cigarette. Surely the company that manufactures these, could make them more palatable. For those who don't
know, each lozenge has to be sucked, it cannot be swallowed.

Eliza Tinsley High Back Operator Chair - Black
Eliza Tinsley High Back Operator Chair - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Average chair that I wouldn't recommend, 29 Jun. 2013
Not a bad chair for the price....but the fabric is not marvellous and there's a really cheap piece of concertina plastic that fits on the back under the seat although it is out of sight so maybe not worth worrying about. The seat itself is not that comfortable but it does have good back support. I suppose you get what you pay for and in this case it ain't very much.

Six String Svengali
Six String Svengali

5.0 out of 5 stars Best guitar playing I've heard in ages, 26 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Six String Svengali (Audio CD)
I bought this CD back in July 2012, listened to it once and didn't reckon much to it. I rediscovered it recently and thought I'd give it a second shot.
What a marvellous CD it is with some sensational guitar playing from Buddy who should be up there with people like Joe Bonamassa and Robben Ford, but unfortunately
isn't. The music is rock/blues/funk with nods to many different styles of music including SRV, Les Paul and even a touch of Little Feat. The rhythm section of
Wayne Six on bass and Mike Gage on drums, is just superb and provides the backbeat for Buddy's incredible guitar. He also has a nice line in witty accessible
lyrics too. All the tracks are good but if I had to choose a favourite, it would be Six String Romance. As Jeromimo commented "The Best of 'em Texas guitarslingers".
I'd certainly go along with that. If you like high-energy, exciting electric guitar, then this is for you.

Hidden People
Hidden People

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb songs, music and production., 11 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Hidden People (Audio CD)
A superb CD with great vocals from Kathryn and superb guitar from Sean whose production is faultless to my ears.
My own favourites are Huldra, Hang The Rowan and Jackie's Song but all songs are excellent. It's definitely a folk
classic and up there with Cara's Hill of Thieves. Just buy it, you won't be disappointed.

Prem-I-Air 8L/day Desiccant Dehumidifier
Prem-I-Air 8L/day Desiccant Dehumidifier

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work very well, 6 Feb. 2013
I am using it for the top room of an old Victorian terrace and it has reduced moisture levels significantly. I would like to leave it on 24/7 but unfortunately it seems to consume quite a lot of electricity and as a result, I just put it on timer for two hours in the morning and two hours in the afternoon.

Privateering
Privateering

5.0 out of 5 stars Best CD I've heard in ages, 1 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Privateering (Audio CD)
Reading through some of the other reviews, I agree that Mark has his own sound and style and obviously works within
that framework. He has the most instantly recognisable guitar style of any guitar player I can think of apart from
maybe Nic Jones and I just love his sound. Think of any artist that you like and they all have their own sound and style.
Examples are across the board from the Beatles through Steely Dan through Mary Chapin Carpenter through Beth Nielsen Chapman.
It all depends on whether you like the sound.

Anyway, a great ccuple of CDs from Mark with lots of blues which ain't a bad thing. My personal favourite is Hot or What which
has a cheeky arrogance about it; some great guitar; and some wonderful harmonica from the great Kim Wilson. Of the non-blues
stuff, Privateering itself is a great song and also Haul Away and Go Love but to me they're all good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5