Profile for David Clark > Reviews

Content by David Clark

David Clark "smartdave" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
iDECT Carrera Classic Plus Dect Phone with Call Blocker
iDECT Carrera Classic Plus Dect Phone with Call Blocker

1.0 out of 5 stars Not DECT, 25 July 2016
I bought this phone as we needed a new phone system. I intended this as the main phone to have in our hallway, connected to the telephone line. I would also purchase a set of cordless phones and use them connected to this base station.

I was disappointed immediately on opening the package to find a black on Orange display that I could hardly read. Where was the blue display so clearly shown in the picture. I assumed at first that I had received the wrong item. However the box clearly says "Blue display". I grabbed the manual and found the section on screen clarity/brightness and took it up to maximum. Trust me on this, even at max, it is still so difficult to see the display. Oh if only it were blue!

Second thing I noted on the box. I have purchased this "IDECT model thinking it sounded a smart name. I found out that IDECT is a new name for Binatone, the lowest of the low. I have never bought Binatone, as I know they are rubbish.

I was tempted to send it back at this point. I decided to wait till I had paired it with my current set of cordless phones. I searched the manual for the instructions to do this, to no avail. In fact this phone is not DECT! Making this phone as useful to me as a chocolate teapot!

I have sent it back to Amazon for a refund with the note that the Title is incorrect. It is an IDECT Carrera Classic Plus, however the following word DECT needs to be removed.

Maybe the phone itself does not deserve the one Star rating, as it is Amazon's Title name partially at fault. However the display is rubbish and the blue non-existant. The manual is a nightmare of complexity. The buttons feel cheap and the headset is difficult to place on the contacts. Finally, partly due to the lack of blue, the whole look has no class whatsover!

Mens PDQ Toggle & Touch Fastening Sports Trail Sandals Dark Grey/Red size 9 UK
Mens PDQ Toggle & Touch Fastening Sports Trail Sandals Dark Grey/Red size 9 UK
Offered by Shoesbyclaire

5.0 out of 5 stars First impressions are good., 7 Sept. 2015
Perfect fit. Look great, seem to be well made and are very comfortable. Three pairs of Gola sandals were binned through this summer's use. Will be interesting to see whether PDQ sandals are more hard wearing.

Surf Vista Sandal / Mens Sandals (43 EUR) (BLUE)
Surf Vista Sandal / Mens Sandals (43 EUR) (BLUE)
Offered by Universal Textiles & Footwear

5.0 out of 5 stars First Impressions, 7 Sept. 2015
Excellent, very comfortable sandals. Smart looking, and appear to be well made. Time will tell how hard wearing they are.

Fake Lit Cigarettes
Fake Lit Cigarettes
Offered by Price Drop UK

1.0 out of 5 stars No Smoke without Fire, 24 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Fake Lit Cigarettes (Toy)
There is a thought in the back of my mind, "What do you expect for £1.50?".

What I expect is for the product to do what it stated. Absolutely no smoke came from the end of the cigarette. Nor did it look lit.

Bought for the humour value, to tease a friend who has just given up smoking. It looked like a cigarette, shame there was no smoke.

Maybe I should not give a negative review? Maybe mine were faulty? I don't know.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 19, 2012 12:37 AM BST

HG HAGESAN SCALE AWAY FOAM SPRAY BATH BASIN 0.5L
HG HAGESAN SCALE AWAY FOAM SPRAY BATH BASIN 0.5L
Offered by PP Express

2.0 out of 5 stars What is Foam?, 6 July 2010
As a man I use shaving foam. I needed something I could spray down my heavily limescaled plughole and on the plug itself, which would stick to the metal and eat the limescale. I thought maybe I could find a product with the consistency to stay on the metal and not drain away, something with the texture of my shaving foam. I searched for "Foaming limescale remover" and found this product. This Amazon marketplace seller dispatched it promptly, no complaints there.

The product itself! Lift the nozzle top, point at the metal and squeeze the trigger. What you get is very gently fizzing liquid. If you whisk albumen (egg white) on a plate, you can turn the plate over and it will not fall off. Similarly spray shaving foam on a plate, turn it over and it will stay stuck. Do not try it with this stuff, it will run straight off as soon as you tip the plate.

There is another product on Amazon which claims to be a gel (Kilrock Thick Non Drip Descaler Gel) which "allegedly" will stick to a surface. My next purchase.

HG Hagescan has removed limescale from my plug eventually. Leaving the plug in a pot filled with this liquid (sorry, I mean foam) overnight. Scrubbing the plug the following morning, then repeating each night. After a week, my heavily limescaled plug is (almost) clear. However it is useless for the plughole.

So....... it works... eventually. But does not foam.... at all. 2 stars seems fair!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 27, 2010 8:04 AM GMT

Sony DPP-FP60BT photo printer - photo printers (300 x 300 DPI, Bluetooth, USB 1.1, 5 - 35 °C, 256 x 3, LCD, 175 x 137 x 60 mm)

5.0 out of 5 stars Put the paper in correctly, 14 Jun. 2010
I bought this printer for my sister-in-law for Christmas. She was disappointed by it, saying it produced terrible results. She asked that I take it back to the shop when I next visited.

A couple of weeks later I visited and watched as she loaded the paper in upside down! She assumed that the side which had "Sony" written all over it, should face up! The fact that the word sony could still be seen through the ink on the prints she had done, should have been a clue.

Having loaded the paper with the "Sony" facing downwards, she was amazed and delighted by the quality of the prints. Initially she had printed pictures by directly inserting a sd card. Later I showed her how to print from her mobile phone using bluetooth. This produced similarly excellent results. Her children (my nephew and niece), then had a go with their mobile phones and delighted in watching it print shortly afterwards.

The unit is small enough to be taken on holiday. How much better to be able to print your holiday snaps on the day they are taken!

The paper and ink is reasonably priced in the larger packs, working out at about 25p per print. A great item, but remember to put the paper in correctly!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 24, 2010 11:29 PM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Snug, 14 Jun. 2010
I bought this for my Dad, for Christmas. He found it to be very comfortable.

The massage function is only designed to be used for short periods. So he would come into the house in winter, slip into the foot warmer and turn on the two functions. The massager stimulates the feet and helps to warm them. After ten or fifteen minutes the massager is turned off leaving feet snug in the warm environment.

I have seen negative reviews, saying the massager makes your feet go numb after a long time. Simply reading the instructions (not so simple for us brits!), clearly states that the massager function is not to be used for more than 15 minutes at a time.

Nilsson - Greatest Hits
Nilsson - Greatest Hits
Offered by mrtopseller

1.0 out of 5 stars Why did I add this to my Wishlist?, 24 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Nilsson - Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
One day, when I heard one of my favourite songs on the radio "Without You", I added this greatest hits album to my wishlist. Consequently, a family member bought it for me for christmas. Possibly the worst album I have ever had.

Don't get me wrong, "Without You" is a great song, certainly in my top 100 all time songs, possibly my top 10! "Everybody's Talkin'" is a very good song. Most of the rest are awful, though some are much worse!

I intend to rip two tracks to my pc and bin the rest.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 15, 2015 12:09 PM BST

Fruit Of The Loom 2 Pack Contrast Sport Briefs Black Body Red Band XXL
Fruit Of The Loom 2 Pack Contrast Sport Briefs Black Body Red Band XXL

5.0 out of 5 stars The MOST comfortable underwear I have worn, 15 Sept. 2009
Quite stylish and very comfortable underwear. Currently difficult to obtain. Problems with Fruit of the loom in the USA, I think.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 9, 2013 4:04 PM GMT

Philishave HQ200 Jet Clean Solution 300ml
Philishave HQ200 Jet Clean Solution 300ml
Offered by amy's Schätze

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 15 Sept. 2009
Amazon are the cheapest for this item I can find. This is a necessary item if you have an Arcitec RQ1095, RQ1085 or RQ1075. Each bottle fills the reservoir 2 to 3 times. Lasts me about 5 months, but I do not use the razor every day.

Page: 1 | 2