Profile for AyJay > Reviews

Ciate Corrupted Neon Manicure, Shout Out
Ciate Corrupted Neon Manicure, Shout Out
Offered by Ever After Beauty

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost £20 in savings..., 4 Mar. 2017
The pink Corrupted Manicure set as a whole is called Shout Out, but the polish shade is Electronica (if you want to Google it before ordering). In this set you get full sizes [13.5ml] of the polish & glitter bottles, and a mini [5ml] UV topcoat.

Ciate is as high a quality as Nails inc and OPI, and sell their 13.5ml bottles for £9 and their minis for £5, so you are making a huge saving here. Highly reccomend - the pink shades are awesome for spring and summer.

The Primal Pantry Apple and Pecan Raw Paleo Bars, Pack of 18
The Primal Pantry Apple and Pecan Raw Paleo Bars, Pack of 18

4.0 out of 5 stars ..., 3 Mar. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I don't follow the Paleo diet (throws self over coffee maker), but I'm reducing my dairy and gluten intake; plus this is a great breakfast for those of us who have to get up very early for work. 18 bars at Amazon's price point works out at around £1.20 each, which I think is very reasonable for the taste, convenience and dairy & grain-free ingredient list. A great breakfast-on-the-go or between-meals-snack option, if you follow the Paleo diet or not.

bagsy Savannah Miller x bagsy Vermilion Red Full Colour Lipstick 3.5 g
bagsy Savannah Miller x bagsy Vermilion Red Full Colour Lipstick 3.5 g

4.0 out of 5 stars wallflowers need not apply..., 23 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
 I'm working on replacing my makeup by brands that are involved with animal cruelty with more ethical options, so I was excited to get to try the new Savannah Miller (fashion designer) x Bagy lipstick shade Vermilion. This shade is R-E-D, wallflowers need not apply. On my mauve lips/fair skin it applies as a classic almost-scarlet shade, that has a base that leans more towards blue than orange. I've found that the bright hue to fade slightly to a raspberry shade after a few hours wear; I think that this is because the finish to the lipstick is very creamy and moisturizing, so the colour changes as the formula drys and settles.

The creamy formula also means that the lipstick is easy to distribute evenly during application, and it hasn't had a drying effect on my lips. The lasting power is average for a non-matte lipstick; three to four hours, depending on food or drink. No less and no worse then other brands. As it is a bright, creamy shade, you'll need to use a lipliner to help prevent this lipstick from moving - I'm using Maybelline Ravishing Red pencil liner.

Whilst I really enjoy the shade, formula and secure magnetic tube for this lipstick, I'll recommend trying Bagsy's Wow Lips crayon-style lipsticks over this personally; they're slightly cheaper, neater, and longer wearing. However if you're looking for a gift for someone who loves the classic red lip look, then this is the one I'd reccomend, as the packaging is gorgeous.

Hallmark Mum Mother's Day Card "Loving Message" - Large
Hallmark Mum Mother's Day Card "Loving Message" - Large

5.0 out of 5 stars With love..., 18 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I always spend ages umming and ahhing over the many different Mother's Day cards in shops, trying to pick the right one. Should I go for a more traditional one, maybe a more humourous one, and there are always the cute and cuddly designs to consider. Well this year I've finally found the answer with this; the design is colourful but inoffensive, the written sentiment is heartfelt but not too soppy, and the quality of the fold-out card is excellent.

I definitely recommend this card to others.

L'Oreal Paris Colorista Wash Out 1 PeachHair
L'Oreal Paris Colorista Wash Out 1 PeachHair

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a Sweet Peach..., 14 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I didn't pay much attention to the guide on the bottle's box as my hair is really thick so 15 to 20 minutes developing time seemed totally wrong for me, so I decided to leave the dye on my hair for an hour to let it really sink in - I remembered that when I previously used a semi-permanent dye it advised placing a plastic cap over my head to lock in heat, to help the pigments develop. So I improvised and paced a carrier bag over my hair. I also remember a magazine article where a hairstylist who works in TV said to leave your hair for 48 hours after being dyed, before washing it again. So that's something I always do now.

There's not much to say for the results; the dye turned out as a sickly yellowish shade on me, and looked more brassy than peachy. This shade also faded faster then the other half-dozen or so 'fashion' hair colourant shades that I've used, with blonde hairs started appearing after the first wash and 99% of the colourant gone with the second wash [vivid pinks and blues last longer in my experiences]. The darker/vivid shades of dye do work well so I do recommend trying them, but I've now tried a few of the lighter shades and haven't had good results with them so I personally wouldn't recommend picking a pastel shade - unless you just want a subtle one-night look for a party.

I wouldn't mind this failed experiment too much as this is a dye that washes out and and doesn't damage hair, but having also spent the time and money [not to forget any hair damage] on getting my hair bleached light enough in preparation for using this 'peach' shade of dye, I am very disappointed.

Baylis & Harding Pink Prosecco & Cassis Ultimate Indulgence Collection
Baylis & Harding Pink Prosecco & Cassis Ultimate Indulgence Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Bottles of bubbly..., 10 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The body lotion and shower crème bottles are both nice and large, at 500ml each. I especially love the body lotion as it absorbs into my skin quickly and doesn't leave a greasy look or feel behind. The shower creme is nice as it hasn't left my skin feeling tight or dry. I've also used it as bubble bath, and whilst it doesn't bubble up much it does scent the water nicely, for a relaxing soak. Fantastic quality for both products.

The tub of crystal is 250g, and I think that they are almost too pretty to use; you drop them into a hot bath to fragrance the water, and add some moisturizing elements to the water. This set is rounded off with a baby pink body polisher.

_

The sweet/fruity/fresh fragrance to the products reminds me of the original Champagne and Strawberries fragrance Victoria's Secret used to have for their body products a decade or so ago - they still have a Champagne and Strawberries range now, but it's different and more sickly sweet/cloying. As well as making a great treat for you, the pink and gold packaging is eyecatching, yet elegant enough that this would make an ideal gift for somebody who loves their pampering products, but you want them to be able to see that you haven't just bought a £3 set from Asda for them.

Zinel Designa 20cm Saucepan with ENDURA Extreme Non Stick, Black
Zinel Designa 20cm Saucepan with ENDURA Extreme Non Stick, Black

4.0 out of 5 stars ..., 2 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
At first I thought that this pan would be too small for using for meal preparations for my family of five, but it has quickly proven it's worth. I went straight in for a tougher test, and used it to start the sauce for my cauliflower cheese and it was perfect; heated up quickly, no sauce stuck to the sides of the pan, and there were no dirty smudges/burn marks/other residue. The pan has also been used for gravy and boiling carrots, and quick fixes like heating beans and soup = it still looks as new as it did out of the box, after a sink-wash with good old Fairy...

I've only removed a star because I'm not convinced that the price is very competitive. Still - can't deny that the results are very good.

L'Oreal Elvive Phytoclear Anti Dandruff Greasy Hair Shampoo 500ml
L'Oreal Elvive Phytoclear Anti Dandruff Greasy Hair Shampoo 500ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear for photos with Phytoclear..., 1 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've tried this shampoo without using a conditioner to see what results it produces on its own; whilst my thick & quick-to-become-greasy hair has been tingly fresh & clean, and my dry, sensitive scalp hasn't flaked or felt sore. There are some really good bonus points to this shampoo too; not only does it give my hair a glossy finish, and has appeared to have had some prolonging anti-frizz effects on it too. My thick hair is still clean for around two days after being washed - but I've found that my hair can go three days between washes if needs be.

Using the shampoo alone did leave my hair feeling a bit rough to the touch, so I do recommend using the matching conditioner which makes up for the shampoo's harsh feeling effect by adding more softness to hair, as well as reducing the frizz more.

pür Secret Crush Eye Palette
pür Secret Crush Eye Palette

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, but..., 21 Jan. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Secret Crush palette contains eight eyeshadows, half of which are shimmery, whilst the other half are satin [the lightest shade in the palette contains a teensy amount of microglitter]. All of the shades are very easy to wear and are the sort of shades that I'll wear regularly - the shades are tame enough for more sedate daytime looks, but are also easy to dress up for evening/me-time too. The rosy shades lean on the neutral/warm side - but they are a sepia warm rather then a full-on toasty warm, so work nicely for me and my neutral/cool skintone. The shadows are mainly shades of rosy hues with metallic undertones

I'll jump straight to the best bit; the shimmery shades are awesome - they feel like butter on my brushes and applied to my eyes. They so soft, smooth, and they just glide on. The four satiny shadows didn't wow me as much, but they are still very usable; they are a bit more powdery and have less pigmentation, but they blend and and wear just as well as the shimmery shades do blended into the crease and used for transitioning and highlighting - you just need to be aware that the satin shades aren't meant to be full-on lid shades, they are subtle and soft.

I think that this palette is a good buy if you like the colours of the shimmer shades on offer, as what you see in the pan is what you get on your lids shimmer-wise - you just need to be aware that the satins are designed as blending shades. However there is room for improvement; I would have liked at least one high-pigment matte shade for the lid and/or crease. The satin shades are great for 'everyday' usage for this, but I would have liked something to use on my lids when I'm not in the mood for shimmer, or in the crease for amping up the intensity of my looks a notch. Also; the shade names of the products are printed on the back of the box, rather than on the actual palette. This niggle doesn't effect the actual products in any way so I don't mean to make a big deal about it, but it's something that winds me up because I like to know exactly what I'm wearing and I don't save the outer packaging of things.

Overall; I do like the Secret Crush palette as the shades are very easy-to-wear, and the formula is great to work with. However I wouldn't replace this palette if I lost it tomorrow, as I'm not totally happy with the selection of finishes.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Sinful Colors Kylie Jenner Nail Polish - V.I PEACH - PASTEL PEACH SHIMMER
Sinful Colors Kylie Jenner Nail Polish - V.I PEACH - PASTEL PEACH SHIMMER
Offered by Kt Cutprice Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, but..., 19 Jan. 2017
V.I.Peach is a shimmering peach shade, that dries to a satin finish. It is a gorgeous shade and was the one that I was most keen on getting, but unfortunately it has the worst formula out of the 15 Sinful/Kylie polishes that I have - I ended up throwing it away, after several unsuccessful attempts at trying to make it work.

The formula is thick and dries so fast that I don't have the time to lay it down neatly, so it dries all streaky. The streaks remain after the second coat, but I can't stand adding a third cost; the formula is so thick that the third coat takes ages to dry, and is still dentable hours later.
Comment Comment | Permalink