Profile for Alexandra England > Reviews

Content by Alexandra England

Alexandra England "teach geek." (Germany/UK)

The Establishment: And how they get away with it
The Establishment: And how they get away with it
by Owen Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Owen Jones shines light into places The Man likes kept gloomy., 4 Sept. 2014
Very readable, makes a lot of points which seem very obvious once it's been said, but for some reason mostly don't get said.

PlantFusion: Multi Source Plant Protein Chocolate, 2 lb
PlantFusion: Multi Source Plant Protein Chocolate, 2 lb
Offered by healthy@happy

5.0 out of 5 stars It's great., 4 Mar. 2012
I mix it up with soya milk and use it as a meal replacement, together with some fruit, when I'm pressed for time or know I'm eating out in non-vegan-friendly places. If I've had a drink of this stuff (One scoop, in a bottle, with half water half milk, shake it five times and it's mixed, presto) then I can have a salad and be part of things without depriving myself of nutrition. It totally takes the hassle out of being vegan on the road with omnivore mates, tastes nice enough and is generally just very convenient.

Kumquat
Kumquat

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 3 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Kumquat (MP3 Download)
Celtic folk-fusion. No vocals, mostly upbeat. I can play this on my own to get me going or to relax, or with friends: they don't need to like folk to tap their toes to this. No boring bits! Good all the way through.

Games for Vocabulary Practice: Interactive Vocabulary Activities for all Levels (Cambridge Copy Collection)
by Felicity O'Dell
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the most versatile games books, 4 Mar. 2011
I think I've used at least one activity from this book with pretty much every group or client that I teach. The book's divided into topic areas, and a game is provided for elementary/pre-int, upper-int and advanced learners in each section. Some of the games are pretty universal though, such as the make/do/have/take/go/get snakes and ladders (especially if you throw in the requirement to use, for example, a recently-learned structure) and the Name The Thing game, which focuses on describing the physical world. I've used the book with teenagers, adult, business groups..l. everyone, I think. It's all black and white, photocopies well, has no celebrities or topical issues which would date badly and on the whole teaches everyday standard language- general English items of interest to pretty much anyone.