Profile for Jonathan Wallis > Reviews

Content by Jonathan Wallis

Jonathan Wallis (UK)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great jacket, 18 Dec. 2016
Very pleased with jacket. Compact and warm. I'm a UK medium size and the small TAK jacket fitted perfectly.

PURAX Extra-Strong Antiperspirant Roll-On 50ml
PURAX Extra-Strong Antiperspirant Roll-On 50ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 7 Aug. 2016
Good product that's worth the money. It has certainly helped to significantly reduce my underarm sweat. I did find that if I applied it too often I would get a bit itchy. I now apply one application every two weeks.

Aiptek 3D HD Camcorder i2 720P HD 3D Digital Camera
Aiptek 3D HD Camcorder i2 720P HD 3D Digital Camera

3.0 out of 5 stars A good first step, 10 Oct. 2010
I've had my Aiptek 3D cam for a few days now and on the whole I'm happy with my purchase. Here are my findings:

1) The quality of the 2D video is adequate.

2) The quality of the 3D video isn't great. The 3D video produces two images side-by-side in 720P resolution (1280x720) - meaning that each image is half the resolution (640x720). As you only effectively see one image on screen (left image for your left eye, right for your right eye) the 3D output is 640x720. I think it's a tad midleading to throw 'HD' and '3D' together for this device. The results you get for 3D aren't what I would clasify as HD.

3) The 3D display on the device is actually quite impressive and works well.

4) It's very convenient. It's small enough to fit in a pocket, has an integrated USB plug, and the first time you connect it into your computer it installs all the software you require. Easy!

In summary, it's a good little device for those who want to experience 3D and who are happy to compromise on the video and sound quality.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (1-Disc) [DVD]
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (1-Disc) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Shia LaBeouf

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids, not so great for adults, 1 Dec. 2009
After watching this film I couldn't help but think it was really quite disappointing. There seemed to be a tendency to fill the film with visual effects and forget about everything else. I'd go further and say that there were some bits that felt added purely to show off the effects and didn't actually give anything to the film.
This film is certainly one for children (I'm quite sure my eight year old nephew would love it) but I'm not convinced adults would find it quite as good.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 30, 2011 7:03 AM BST

Gran Torino [Blu-ray] [2009] [Region Free]
Gran Torino [Blu-ray] [2009] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Clint Eastwood

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film.., 22 July 2009
I really enjoyed this film and found it quite poignant. The ending seems to have gotten a few bad reviews but it fitted perfectly with the story that the film was trying to tell.

There are also quite a few reviews slating it and I get the feeling this is partly down to expectations. This film isn't a Dirty Harry-esk, or action movie - if you expect that then you will be disappointed. The film explores prejudice, gang mentality and relationships - there isn't an explosion in sight.

It reminded me of a more thoughtful but less explosive version of 'Man on Fire'.

Shure E4C-N - Headphones - High-Definition Driver with Tuned Port Technology - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound but is let down by cable quality., 27 Jan. 2008
I first got into Shure in-ear phones over a couple of years ago with the E2C model, and then a year later upgraded them with some E4Cs. Both models have great sound (and sound isolation) but have two main issues:

1) having the phones fitted in your ears correctly makes a big difference to the sound quality; especially the bass. I find this an issue simply because there is little margin for error - if they're not in correctly the sound is not at its best. This generally keeps me paranoidly checking they are fitting correctly at regular intervals.

2) after a year or so the cable starts to crack and split around the area where you wrap it around the back of your ear. Now, although I do use my phones a lot of the time at work (continually taking them in and out) I'd still expect something that costs as much as these do not to have such a fundemental flaw. Moreover, as this has happened with both my E2C and E4C I can't help thinking this is a general problem across the range.

So, my conclusion is. If you're after an in-ear pair of phones that are comfortable, isolate sound well, and (more importantly) sound top-notch then E4Cs are a good choice - but don't expect them to last that long if you use them a lot of the time.

If you're in the process of researching what in-ear phones are out there then have a look at the Klipsch phones. From what I read, the Image phones are fantastic (albeit more expensive) so I will probably be replacing my E4Cs with them in the not to distant future.