Profile for Fran > Reviews

Content by Fran

Fran

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Webbots, Spiders, and Screen Scrapers: A Guide to Developing Internet Agents with PHP/CURL

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed, 9 Jan. 2013
I was working for some months with spiders, fine, but I wanted to discover something more, looking for how to improve the parsing process, creative ways to use curl, etc. But I didn't like too much because the author use a personal library along the whole book, so anoying. That made feel little flexible, I wanted to know new tools to solve my problems, and decide, not focus too much in a library

RESTful PHP Web Services
RESTful PHP Web Services

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to read and apply, 4 Jan. 2013
I'm happy with this book, I wanted to learn and feel new acknowledge about restful and now feel it. If you are starting with restful you must buy this

FreeNote+
FreeNote+

5.0 out of 5 stars indeed amazing, 3 Jan. 2013
This review is from: FreeNote+ (App)
I'm surprise.........so powerful and flexible, so many ways to insert info and mix them, remember me to one note but in this one you can write by hand or with keyboard, paint etc

PhoneGap Essentials: Building Cross-platform Mobile Apps
PhoneGap Essentials: Building Cross-platform Mobile Apps
by John M. Wargo

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book, 4 Aug. 2012
I was new working with PhoneGap, but thanks to this book I learned the main concept about this amazing framework. The book help you in all matters, configuration of your system, for each plattform, and later explains the API, with small, simple and nice/direct codes. I feel fine for buying this book

jQuery Mobile: Up and Running
jQuery Mobile: Up and Running
by Maximiliano Firtman

5.0 out of 5 stars I learned a lot with this book, 4 Aug. 2012
I was new in Jquery Mobile. With this book I learned the main concepts, with simples examples, which they have a nice format and comments. The book has a nice structure, and is easy to read. For me I feel fine for buying this book.

Software Testing
Software Testing
by Ron Patton

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst book about testing I've ever read, 8 July 2012
This review is from: Software Testing (Paperback)
I didnt want to have only "a global idea" about unit testing, when I started to read (I was new in testing) this book I wanted to learn some strong concepts, or some concepts about practice, but with this book I didnt learn any important, only useless and basic ideas (too much basics ideas), now I'm looking for another one (I hope to find another better better)

Selenium 1.0 Testing Tools: Beginner's Guide
Selenium 1.0 Testing Tools: Beginner's Guide
by David Burns

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 8 July 2012
All the examples are made in Java, is not a problem, I'm not expert in java but...its ok. The author uses for the testing examples Eclipse or Idea, I dont remember exactly. Really the book is advanced....what I mean is that you need strong knowledges about unit testing, junit, phpunit, cunit....similar. If not, this book isn't so effective.

Pragmatic Version Control: Using Subversion (Pragmatic Programmers)
Pragmatic Version Control: Using Subversion (Pragmatic Programmers)
by Mike Mason

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 3 Jun. 2012
simple, easy and direct. This book can be read easily, and you can learn a lot. After this book must be the second of three books. Firstly I recommend Pragmatic Guide. But this book is perfect.

PHP Objects, Patterns, and Practice (Expert's Voice in Open Source)
PHP Objects, Patterns, and Practice (Expert's Voice in Open Source)
by Matt Zandstra

3.0 out of 5 stars This book has very useful content, 3 Jun. 2012
I worked with OOP (java and php) for some years, and after a brake I started to work again with PHP, I wanted to improve something in OOP because I forgot some concepts. This book is very interesting, for example, the part of testing with phpunit is very complete. And the part of oriented objects.

Dreamweaver CS5 / Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 Classroom in a Book
Dreamweaver CS5 / Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 Classroom in a Book
by Adobe Systems

5.0 out of 5 stars fast, easy, graphic and direct, 2 Mar. 2012
I always programmed in PHP, JavaScript, etc, but never I've used Dreamweaver. I bought this book.....I dont remember when because It was very fast, so graphic, so direct, the book is wonderfull because in one or two days you can use it very confortable. Now time have passed, and I think that this book was a good election.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5