Profile for Mrs. A. C. Burrett > Reviews

The Songbird
The Songbird
by Marcia Willett

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 28 Aug. 2016
This review is from: The Songbird (Hardcover)
I have read all of Marcia's books and loved them. Living in the area she writes about means I can picture lots of the places she writes about. However this book was not up to her usual high standards for me. Not enough depth in the storyline and unrealistic characters and situations. Disappointed.

Cedar Bird Nest Box & Bird Nest Box Colour Camera with Audio
Cedar Bird Nest Box & Bird Nest Box Colour Camera with Audio
Offered by Garden Secrets

5.0 out of 5 stars Bird Box, 4 Jan. 2014
Fabulous Christmas present - we are all wired up and ready for the Spring. Great gift, fingers crossed the birds agree. Highly recommend for those who love their garden birds. Fantastic service from the supplier too - even telephoned Christmas Eve to ensure it had arrived.

Philips HR1861 Whole Fruit Juicer - Aluminium
Philips HR1861 Whole Fruit Juicer - Aluminium

5.0 out of 5 stars Great juicer, 4 Jan. 2014
We received this juicer as a Christmas gift - and we love it. Easy to use, easy to clean and a great addition to our kitchen. Use it daily as no hassle involved. Highly recommend.

Cushions & Quilts: Quilting Projects to Decorate your Home
Cushions & Quilts: Quilting Projects to Decorate your Home
by Jo Colwill

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiration in a beautiful book, 6 Sept. 2013
I have done many classes at Cowslip, and this wonderful book by Jo Colwill is just like spending a fun day with her teaching and encouragement. I have just made the Flower Bed Quilt as a wedding present for my god-daughter and it looks fabulous. I am so thrilled. A lovely book to keep you inspired - highly recommended for patchwork lovers.

A Fine Romance: Falling in Love with the English Countryside
A Fine Romance: Falling in Love with the English Countryside
by Susan Branch

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 21 Aug. 2013
I discovered Susan Branch nearly 25 years ago whilst on holiday in Cape Cod and have all of her cook books and calendars. I love her recipes, detailed drawings, and quotes. This book is her best work yet - she has a wonderful way of describing the situation so that we feel as if we are there sharing every new discovery on this English holiday with her. Pure enchantment - I shall be giving this as a gift to special friends this coming Christmas. Highly recommended.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 29, 2013 6:10 PM BST

The Secret Keeper
The Secret Keeper
by Kate Morton

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 20 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Secret Keeper (Hardcover)
I read the reviews and decided to give this author a try - and I am so pleased that I did - what a terrific story. I feel quite lost now it is finished. I will certainly be reading more by Kate Morton - I highly recommend.

Le quilt mystère : Edition bilingue français-anglais
Le quilt mystère : Edition bilingue français-anglais
by Véronique Requena

5.0 out of 5 stars Country Creativity, 29 Dec. 2009
If you love country patchwork and want to make a quilt which shows this passion, then this is the book for you. Vero's enthusiasm and love of quilting is inspirational, and the lovely notes from her beloved labrador Jules, plus delicious recipes, makes this a book to enjoy and treasure and inspire.