Profile for Susan Quinlan > Reviews

The Happy Pear: Healthy, Easy, Delicious Food to Change Your Life
The Happy Pear: Healthy, Easy, Delicious Food to Change Your Life
by David Flynn

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent vegetarian cookbook., 15 Oct. 2014
I bought this cookbook two weeks ago and already it's one of my favourite cookbooks. The recipes are all super tasty and most of them are easy to make. There are a few recipes that take a little while to make but are divided up into simple steps and the end result the meal is worth the time preparation.

So far, we've made the fruit compote, delicious over porridge on a cold morning. The sweet potato falafels and the and the quinoa and butterbean burgers are super tasty for lunches and ideal because they can be made the night before and put in a lunch box for lunch in work. The Spanish chickpea and potato bake is perfect for a lazy weekend night in relaxing and the puy lentil coconut Dahl is so nourishing and tasty. Already I notice a difference in my skin and energy levels from using this cookbook several times a week. I think even the biggest meat lover would love some of the vegetarian recipes in this book. Highly recommended.

Clean & Lean Pregnancy Guide: The healthy way to exercise and eat before, during and after pregnancy. Foreword by Lara Stone (Clean & Lean Guide)
by James Duigan

5.0 out of 5 stars The best healthy pregnancy guide., 24 May 2014
I think this book is brilliant. I'm nearly 15 weeks pregnant and have read quite a few pregnancy books but this new book is definitely the best one. It's a very positive book and it gives a lot of encouraging advice and a simple exercise plan to follow for each trimester. The exercises could all be done anywhere since they don't require weights just a small resistance band loop which I bought from a fitness shop but it can also be bought from Amazon.

. The recipes in the back of the book are suitable to be used in all trimesters and what I like about them is that they are all easy to follow and don't require any fancy ingredients. The book focuses on eating well and nourishing the pregnancy body rather than on dieting and restricting oneself.

This book also includes recommendations for getting pregnant and it has a section towards the end for managing a healthy exercise, eating plan and life post baby. I highly recommend this book.

The Josie Gibson Diet: Love Food, Get Slim, Stay Slim
The Josie Gibson Diet: Love Food, Get Slim, Stay Slim
by Josie Gibson

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent inspirational book, 7 Jan. 2014
I love this book. I run weight loss groups for women and offer online weight loss support. There is a lot of sensible information in this book, it's not based on a faddy diet. Josie gives sensible realistic and most importantly doable advice and suggestions. The recipe section is wonderful, they are easy to make and super tasty.

So far, I've made the skin conditioning coconut and banana cold porridge, creamy spicy quinoa porridge and two of the delicious salads. They are wonderful recipes because they can easily be halved or quartered if you're cooking for one or two people. Also the recipes are easily portable so would be perfect to make the night before and take to work. The ingredients aren't expensive to buy so it really does make sense to follow this wonderful plan. Even if you're not a cook, the recipes are easy to follow and most importantly they work. I highly recommend this book.

The Medicinal Chef: Eat Your Way to Better Health
The Medicinal Chef: Eat Your Way to Better Health
by Dale Pinnock

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite healthy cookbook, 13 Mar. 2013
I recently boughht this new cookbook and I love it. The book begins with some interesting information on why certain foods are good for us. Then there are a number of wonderful tasty recipes. Each recipe is colour coded and it tells us how it benefits the body. There are recipes for the skin, joints and bones, respiratory system, immune system, metabolic system, mental and nervous system, the circulatory system, digestive system and the reproductive and urinary system.

I have tried lots of the recipes and they are easy to follow, quick to make and made from household ingredients. I also feel so well from eating these recipes and already I have noticed differences in my skin and I'm sleeping soundly. I think this cookbook would be a great investment for someone who wants to get healthier and enjoys eating tasty food.

Jamie's 15-Minute Meals
Jamie's 15-Minute Meals
by Jamie Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars Jamie's best book yet, 30 Sept. 2012
I was very excited to buy this book on Thursday, the first day it was out in the shops and I have not been disappointed. Already I have made the the spicy Cajun chicken with smashed sweet potato and fresh corn salsa. I have also made the tasty falafels and the best fish baps with mushy peas. All of these recipes have been divine and so easy to make. I timed myself making these recipes and I did take a little over 15 minutes, but usually less than 20 minutes. I think in time I will be able to make these recipes in 15 minutes.

I also like how Jamie has placed a lot of emphasis on nutritious meals and I feel that most of the recipes in the book would very much be part of a healthy and balanced diet. I'm studying nutritional therapy and I would be very happy to recommend this cookbook to my future clients. All of the recipes are based on serving four people but I do think that these recipes could be easily halved or even doubled. I made the spicy Cajun chicken on the Thursday night just for myself and I just divided the recipe and it worked perfectly for one. This really is an excellent book and I highly recommend it.

Skinny Meals in Heels
Skinny Meals in Heels
by Jennifer Joyce

5.0 out of 5 stars The best cookbook of 2012, 7 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Skinny Meals in Heels (Hardcover)
I love cooking and baking and have quite a substantial collection of cookery books. I really like Jennifer's new cookbook because all of the recipes are tasty, easily explained,healthy and best of all quick to make. Usually with a cookbook, I may only make five recipes from this book. I've only had this book for two days and already I've made four recipes and I'm making two more tomorrow. So far I've made the vegetable and spring onion pancakes ( so tasty and super quick to make). I made the stuffed chicken breast with spinach, cinnamon and dates for the girls last night and today I had the light chicken Vietnamese salad. For dinner since it's a Saturday and I'm having a lazy day, I'm making the Jamaican Chicken Curry.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys tasty healthy food that is quick to prepare.

Temptation
Temptation
by Olivia Darling

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't put this book down., 6 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Temptation (Paperback)
I'm really enjoying reading Olivia Darling's latest book. The storyline is very exciting, it's based on the lives of three very different women whose stories become interlinked as the book progressed. This book is a perfect read for a lazy weekend or for lying on the beach. It's brilliant.

Wives v. Girlfriends
Wives v. Girlfriends
by Katie Agnew

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book!!, 31 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Wives v. Girlfriends (Paperback)
This book is a great easy read for a rainy day. I read it over a lazy weekend and really enjoyed it. A great girlie read.

The Italian Diet
The Italian Diet
by Gino D'Acampo

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous cookbook, 15 Feb. 2010
This review is from: The Italian Diet (Paperback)
I love this cookbook, the recipes are all very easy and straight forward to make and so tasty. I highly recommend this book and I feel it could really help someone lose weight and become more healthier.

Ministry Of Sound: Pump It Up - Aeroburn [DVD]
Ministry Of Sound: Pump It Up - Aeroburn [DVD]
Dvd ~ Various
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars This workout is fabulous!!, 31 Dec. 2008
I love fitness dvds and I have a large collection of fitness dvds to help keep me in good shape. All of my fitness dvds are from the States, I have the Firm workouts, Amy Bentos and Cathe Friedrich's workouts. I had never tried a British fitness dvd before but I saw this dvd advertised on Amazon and decided to buy it. I'm very glad that I did because it's one great workout. I would say it's the toughest fitness dvd that I have, the music on the dvd is great and very motivating and the workout sections are very well thought out. There is a warm up, toning section(this section was probably the easiest but I did find the squats tough), two aerobic sections and a cool down with ab work. I sweated buckets and felt great when I completed the workout, it was very challenging. I can't wait to do it again. I would definitely recommend this workout to intermediate and advanced exercisers. Enjoy!