Profile for Steven Burns > Reviews

Content by Steven Burns

Steven Burns (Middlesbrough, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Post Orgasmic Chill
Post Orgasmic Chill
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Tracy's Flawless., 6 Nov. 2004
This review is from: Post Orgasmic Chill (Audio CD)
I'm not much of a rock music fan, but Post Orgasmic Chill is just amazing. There are two clear sounds on this record. Songs such as "On My Hotel TV" and "And This Is Nothing That I Thought I Had" show the harder side of Skunk Anansie's music, whereas "Secretely" and "Tracy's Flaw" show the more relaxed side of them.
There are instantly likeable songs on this album, such as "Lately" and "Secretely" - at first, I skipped a few songs on it, but after listening a few times I could not take this out of my CD player. It's a nice flow of songs; an order which you remember. I'm not too sure about the small instrumentals at the end of some of the songs; you expect a new song to start with them (but I guess this is a trade-mark Skunk Anansie thing)
Skin's voice (the lead singer) is very individual, powerful and completely addictive. It's a perfect compliment to both sides of Skunk Anansie's music.
The lyrics are quite personal, but we can strangely relate to a lot of them. A lot of them are quite cryptic, though (you can find out what they're about on the interactive element of the CD - which is another added bonus)
There's nothing too contemporary about this album, but it's not so avantguard as to be "strange".
I recommend this album to anyone who remotely likes Skunk Anansie, or people who are just looking for something that doesn't sound like every other piece of rock music out there.

Revolution In Me
Revolution In Me
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't flaw it at all!!, 9 May 2004
This review is from: Revolution In Me (Audio CD)
This is seriously one of the best albums I've heard in a long time. It is a fresh new blend of adult-pop, soft rock and acoustic guitar music. Tracks such as "Man Without Friends" and "Twist Of Fate" are so well made they make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. Siobhan has one of those voices that compliments the music so well you become addicted to listening.

It's very hard to talk about Siobhan without talking about the Sugababes, but this album doesn't really sound anything like a Sugababe one. It's more grown-up - we can probably relate to many of the tracks on this masterpiece! 5/5 for "Revolution In Me".
Whether you like great lyrics, great sounds or just listening to something fresh, this album is for you!

Page: 1 | 2