Profile for Dan-James > Reviews

Content by Dan-James

Dan-James

Apple MacBook Pro 15 inch Laptop (Quad-Core i7 2.2GHz, RAM 4GB, HDD 500GB Graphics, Radeon HD 6750M SD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a superb machine!, 4 Feb. 2012
This laptop is by far the best thing I've ever owned! I understand why people get annoyed because of the price in comparison with other top brand names. A few years ago I was a complete Mac hater! I never wanted anything to do with Apple because i too thought it was a money machine that drained the customers of all their cash to keep up with the latest gadgets. Last year though, i made the plunge! I'm a musician and gamer, and i wanted something that would really benefit me in these areas (more so for the music though). Since buying this machine, I haven't looked back. I can't believe how fast and smooth this laptop is. Apple really have made something that works so well in the users hands. At first it takes a LOT of getting used to, especially coming from Windows, you'll find that sometimes you get frustrated, but surely that will only last for a limited time, because the more you get used to the layout of Mac OS X, the easier it gets (obviously). I love the little details on it too, for instance, you don't have to clog your desktop up with a million and one folders, but it has this nifty little platform at the bottom where you can place all your preferred applications and what not (I understand you can also do this on Windows.) The graphics processor is also fantastic! It has incredible detail and it's also very powerful. They keyboard layout is easy and quick, when it comes to turning volume up, down, fast forwarding etc. It's so great how user friendly this thing is!
What's also great about Mac is if you still have programs or things you use in Windows that can't really be used on Mac (though you could purchase the 'Crossover' application) you can create a Windows partition, which basically means that you can have Windows 7 (as i have) on your mac! I don't use the windows partition so much, but it REALLY comes in handy when you want to do a few bits and bobs with the windows program (i also prefer partition as oppose to running Windows next to OS X in parallel mode, because in parallel, it runs not even at half the speed, it takes up too much ram to run as smoothly as you like). Even some of the Apps on this machine are awesome. GarageBand for instance, is such a simple music creation application. I've been writing and recording music for over 10 years now and used many different programs and packages, but GarageBand is by far the easiest and simplest to use. I've never found myself wanting anything else since using it. Anything I need to do, GarageBand usually provides me with the service (Though i'll probably move to Logic soon to keep up with the youngsters).
All in all, this is a great laptop. You can set up the desktop however you please, you can make things so user friendly it's sick! It's a really beautiful machine and i'm so glad i left my 'Apple Hater' days behind me. If you're considering buying this machine, i'd say go for it.
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 23, 2012 10:50 AM BST

Just Go With It [DVD] [2011]
Just Go With It [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Adam Sandler
Offered by DVDBayFBA

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing to say the least, 10 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Just Go With It [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
To start this review, I will say that I am a big fan of Adam Sandler. I've seen pretty much all his films, and 9 times out of 10, I really enjoy them, but when I saw this film I can't help but dislike it. The storyline is awful. Now, I understand that we're not always going to expect Sandlers films to be deep and thoughtful, his films are more humorous than anything else (and that's totally ok!), but really, there wasn't much in this at all. The storyline was very predictable, and not just that, it was completely bizarre, to a point where you really can't take the film seriously! There was no character depth, or really any depth to the story, it was just another romantic comedy, and not a very good one at that. Like I said, I love Sandler, but maybe he should've thought more when releasing this film. Also, the acting wasn't so great, and it made me cringe at times.
I hope others find this a better watch than I did anyway.