Profile for Ralph Wyngarde > Reviews

Content by Ralph Wyngarde

Ralph Wyngarde "Lone Wolf" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Iware 3 Ton Trolley Jack Quick Lift Hydraulic Floor Car Caravan Van 4x4
Iware 3 Ton Trolley Jack Quick Lift Hydraulic Floor Car Caravan Van 4x4
Offered by DDcooperUK

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality and very dangerous. Not fit for purpose., 25 Feb. 2017
I'd be interected to know who he 5 star reviewer was!
I purchased this 3 ton jack and after arrival it remained in it's Bix for a few weeks as it's hardly a daily use item. The first time I used it was to jack up the front near side of a Range Rover to check a wheel. The maximum load on the jack could not have been more than 500kgs, and remember it's a 3000kg jack. It was being correctly used in a level surface. When jacked up to about two thirds height the rising part of the jack simply bent over to the left leaving it permanently out if shape. Not only is the quality of this below poor, it is not fit for purpose, not of merchantable quality and and health and safety nightmare. I rarely leave poor reviews for anything and I'm fairly philosophical about the quality of goods nowadays and very. indulge that you get what you pay for. Allowing for everything I cannot find anything positive to say about this item.
I'm over my 28 days no quibble return time so I've written to the seller asking how they want me to proceed. I've yet to get a response.

Multi-function Alarm Clock, Indoor Thermometer, Charging Station/Phone Charger with Dual Port for iphone/ipad/ipod/Android phone&tablets(C1 Black)
Offered by B.F.JOI Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, no complaints, 31 Oct. 2016
This product performed both of the functions I was looking for - a 24 hour clock and a thermometer. Then it had the added bonus of 2 X USB charging points, and an alarm. Once you master it, it's very easy to adjust the clock and alram. Also the brightness of the display can be adjusted in steps depending upon your requirements. I've tested the USB chargers and they are capable of charging tablets as well as phones.
There was some mention in the instructions of it having an internal battery to keep it going in the event of a power cut. However whenever I have cut power to the clock it looses it's memory so I'm not sure if I'm supposed to put a rechargeable battery in it myself but I shall have to hold comment on that. Based on what I've seen and know so far, this is fine.

Ryobi R18I-0 ONE+ Inflator, 18 V (Body Only) - Hyper Green
Ryobi R18I-0 ONE+ Inflator, 18 V (Body Only) - Hyper Green

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot to pay for what it does., 4 Mar. 2015
I've recently started purchasing numerous tools from the Ryobi +1 range. This is probably the weakest of the range so far in that the build quality seems not as good as other Ryobi products. This has two hoses, one for pumping up car tyres and another flexible wider hose for blowing off dirt and dust etc. The flexible wide hose is very thin and delicate and I don't expect it to last. There is a small LED enabling you to set the pressure you want to pump a car tyre up to, start it and then it will switch off when it reaches that pressure. That's a useful feature.
You won't want to carry this round in your boot as you won't want to tie up a valuable Ryobi battery on it. It's a garage tool.
A friend who already had one warned me that they 'eat' batteries. He was correct. I fully charged 4.2 amp hour +1 Ryobi battery will probably just about pump up a flat car tyre on one go before the battery will run out of steam. You'd struggle to completely inflate something like a 4x4 tyre or van tyre with one battery. Remember that you don't get a battery with this tool.
I still like it, I'm happy I brought it, but don't expect much. It seems very slow to pump a tyre up. It's useful if you have a caravan or trailer where there may be insufficient lead length to reach a tyre from a nearest 12 volt cigar lighter socket, but you'll need to carry 2 batteries with it to be safe.
You can get 12 volt cigar lighter socket powered tyre pumps that are just as efficient as this for about £20, so you need to keep that in mind. This is a decent bit of kit but with limitations.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 9, 2015 9:03 AM BST

Sanyo eneloop XX HR-3UWXB - AA Batteries (Pack of 8) - 2,550 mAh (Minimum 2,450 mAh) - Powered by eneloop Technology - With 2 Heiba Electronics Storage Boxes

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Rechargable Batteries On the market, 4 Mar. 2015
I have been purchasing Eneloop rechargeable batteries now for the last 2 years after recommendation from a friend. I will continue to do so. Eneloop seem to be the best on the market and these ones have a greater amp hour rating to the norm so they effectively last longer before a recharge is necessary.

UKEW® 3w PIR Presence Motion Sensor Movement Detector LED Light Bulb B22 BC Bayonet Cap Warm White 3000k
Offered by UKE ELECTRICAL WHOLESALERS LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than anticipated, 4 Mar. 2015
Very pleased with this. It's in our porch and we just switch it on and leave the switch in the 'on' position. As daylight fades the bulb will come on if it detects movement close by. It goes off automatically after 30 seconds to a minute. Nice and bright. Pleasantly surprised. Shame you can't use them outside. Ideal for porches, pantries, cellar steps and probably sheds. Very low wattage. I hope it continues to work for a long time but we will see on that one.

Kingfisher DIYPUMP 400 W Submersible Dirty Water Pump - Green
Kingfisher DIYPUMP 400 W Submersible Dirty Water Pump - Green
Offered by Garden Selections

3.0 out of 5 stars Good volume but won't lift it more then 2 feet., 21 July 2014
Looks nice, feels nice. May be it will pump 10000 litres an hour but if you want to pump that water more then 20 inches above the height of the pump then forget it.

I need to pump from a stream to a large tank in a poly tunnel and greenhouse. The tank is about 1 metre above the pump height and this pump can't so it. Lay the hose down at ground level next to the pump and it's brilliant.

I've now ordered a 700 watt pump in the hope it will sort my problems. This one is 400w a believe.

Match Mens Twill Cargo Shorts Quick-dry Summer Shorts S3612(3612 Blue,36W x Regular)
Offered by Nanwei

3.0 out of 5 stars Far too small., 21 July 2014
Order at least 2 inches more then you think you need. I ordered 36 and could hardly do the button up. After their first wash at only 30 degrees I can now barely get into them at all. Pockets and design are good, but if you can't wear them......
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 24, 2014 9:57 PM BST

Regatta Mens New Action Shorts (36inch) (Black)
Regatta Mens New Action Shorts (36inch) (Black)
Offered by The Prime Group

2.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculously small, 21 July 2014
Can't get in them, outrageously small. I ordered 36', doubt if a 32 would be comfortable.

Hozelock 25m Freestanding Hose Reel with 15m Hose
Hozelock 25m Freestanding Hose Reel with 15m Hose

4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable value for money., 21 July 2014
My 4 star rating is based on value for money. It's a reasonable product for the money. You have to put some bits together and that's all self explanatory. I've had one of these in the past and the rotation mechanism jams from ingress of grit and dirt and after two years of sunlight it became brittle and bits easily snap off. Looking at my new delivery the design seems exactly the same as over previous years and I fully expect the same issues - but it's only £26. So,keep,it in context.

Hostess IM01A Ice Maker Black and Silver Finish
Hostess IM01A Ice Maker Black and Silver Finish

2.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable, 27 Mar. 2014
I purchased one of these ice makers just over a year ago. They are easy to use. Just fill the bottom receptacle with clean water, switch on and select one of three cube sizes.
After about 15 minutes, 4 cubes at a time start dropping into the plastic holder. You get a delivery of 4 about once every 5 to 6 minutes thereafter until either the tray fills up (about 50 cubes or the large size) or the water runs low.
After about 6 weeks ours stopped working. It was constantly sowing that the tray was full even when empty. I can't recall the full details of the exchange but I do remember it was a bit of a pantomime getting a replacement.
Once we did get a replacement a worked well until about a week ago. We can hear the machine operating but no cubes are ever delivered. I've cleaned it, tried leaving it off for a day or two etc but it won't work at all. There's not much else you can really do.
I e-mailed Southern electric today and have been told that despite the original machine having been replaced, the one year warranty only applies from the date of purchase of the original machine.
So for me that's over £100 down the pan.
When it did work I was happy with it although a major complaint is that it's very difficult to clean out the water holding receptacle.
They are nice to have and I'm looking for another now but I won't buy another one like this. I believe my friend's ice maker which is the same as this also failed but I don't know exactly why.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 17, 2015 9:38 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3