Profile for E. Leach > Reviews

E. Leach (London)

Panasonic RP-HS33E-S Water resistant Sports Clip In Ear Headphone- Silver
Panasonic RP-HS33E-S Water resistant Sports Clip In Ear Headphone- Silver
Offered by secondbyte micros

1.0 out of 5 stars Probably fantastic if you have really large old man ears, 7 Aug. 2016
Probably fantastic if you have really large old man ears, but for my average lady ears these don't stay on. The hooks are way too big.

Lonely Planet Southern Italy (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Southern Italy (Travel Guide)
by Lonely Planet

2.0 out of 5 stars Has basic information on the largest towns, but makes ..., 7 Aug. 2016
Has basic information on the largest towns, but makes no reference to smaller or medium sized towns in the Puglia region. Could be more thorough.

Liroyal 8" paper flowers ball
Liroyal 8" paper flowers ball

3.0 out of 5 stars The product itself is fine., 2 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Liroyal 8" paper flowers ball
'assortment of colours' was not a few shades of pink as in the picture, but 12 different crayola colours. The product itself is fine.

CARNIVOROUS PLANT - VENUS FLY TRAP
CARNIVOROUS PLANT - VENUS FLY TRAP
Offered by Gardener's Dream Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Not massively impressed, 23 Mar. 2010
This review is from: CARNIVOROUS PLANT - VENUS FLY TRAP
The picture indicates (from the size of the bugs trappend inside) that the 'jaws' are going to be of a suitably impressive size, but on arrival, the largest one was only 1cm wide, and pretty flat so completely unable to trap or digest a fly.

This of course was quite upsetting seen as I'd spent the incredibly long wait for my plan to arrive, rooting about the house collecting flies to feed to it.

The traps did snap shut when triggered with a toothpick, which was entertaining, but as it didn't come with any instructions on how and what to feed it if it can't eat flies, mine died (of starvation I can only assume) some months later.

I'm definitely going to buy a replacement, but I will do so from a shop where I can actually see the plants first to ensure a repeat of this situation doesn't happen.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 27, 2012 10:27 AM BST

The Minpins
The Minpins
by Roald Dahl

5.0 out of 5 stars A true classic, 28 Oct. 2009
This review is from: The Minpins (Paperback)
Brilliant read. I remember both having this read to me and reading it myself as a child and loving it! Think I might buy it again...

My Uncle Oswald
My Uncle Oswald
by Roald Dahl

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly fantastic!, 30 July 2008
This review is from: My Uncle Oswald (Paperback)
I loved it! This is classic Roald Dahl; humorous, witty, a little saucy but in an oh so British way and ofcourse a good twist at the end of the book. I ploughed through this book it was so good - I just couldn't put it down - it was fantastic. Definitely one I'll read again, just not for a while as it seems to be doing the rounds with my friends who all love it just as much!