Profile for M. Berry > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
For All You've Done
For All You've Done

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this album!, 3 Dec. 2010
This review is from: For All You've Done (Audio CD)
I think this came from the US when I bought it, which would explain the price- it isn't cheap compared to most CDs. I don't regret spending the money on it though. We started using a few of the songs from this CD at Church. I heard "Forever And A Day" and I was hooked- I had to have the CD! I think the best thing about this album is that it encompasses different styles. You have slow, worshipful songs such as "With All I Am" and you also have upbeat "everybody-jump-around-in-the-house-of-God" songs like "One Way". We have a few different worship CDs at home and I think overall, this is my favourite.

Spearmark Ben 10 Alien Force Glitter Lamp
Spearmark Ben 10 Alien Force Glitter Lamp

3.0 out of 5 stars Check the dimensions before buying!, 3 Dec. 2010
I bought this for my four-year-old nephew as a birthday present (all the boys his age seem to be Ben 10 crazy at the moment!). I didn't realise quite how small it was going to be and I must admit I was slightly disappointed when I saw it. However, perhaps more important is my nephew's opinion- he loved it! Makes a nice little gift for a child who is into Ben 10 or one of the other characters available. It looks like you have to take the batteries out to turn it off though.

I'm Alan Partridge : Complete BBC Series 1 [1997] [DVD]
I'm Alan Partridge : Complete BBC Series 1 [1997] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Steve Coogan
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality viewing, 3 Dec. 2010
Steve Coogan is one of those comedy actors who can turn a fairly ordinary conversation into something hilarious simply by how he says it- I'd say he's similar to Ricky Gervais in that respect.

Alan Partridge is a fantastic creation- so pathetic, yet so entertaining. Unlike many TV series where some episodes are better than others, *all* of the episodes in this series are absolute genius.

HP LaserJet P1005 Printer
HP LaserJet P1005 Printer

5.0 out of 5 stars Very reasonably priced laser printer- ideal for home use, 30 Nov. 2010
I bought this printer a couple of years ago and have found it to be excellent for the price. It takes a little while to warm up before it gets the first page out and it's not the fastest printer in the world, but it's still much quicker than waiting for an inkjet printer to do the same thing. The printer comes with a half-full toner cartridge and we got quite a lot out of it before it ran out. However, the replacement cartridges cost nearly as much as the printer itself, although they do last a while. The quality of the printing itself is perfectly good. Overall, I am very pleased with this printer. I have used it with machines running XP, Vista and 7 and every time it just plugs in, installs within seconds and gets on with the job.

The Sunny Side Of The Moon: The Best Of Richard Cheese (PA Version)
The Sunny Side Of The Moon: The Best Of Richard Cheese (PA Version)

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny, but watch out for the strong language!, 30 Nov. 2010
This CD contains lounge versions of several tracks that you really would not associate with lounge music. It's both hilarious and slightly disturbing. The arrangements are very cleverly done and the music is of quite good quality. It really depends on your sense of humour. Some of the songs contain bad language, so I wouldn't buy this for someone who is easily offended.

Pair Of SingStar Wired Microphones (PS2/PS3/Ps4)
Pair Of SingStar Wired Microphones (PS2/PS3/Ps4)
Offered by eHome

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the PC too!, 30 Nov. 2010
These are the standard mics for use with singing games such as SingStar. I don't own a PS2- I actually bought mine for use with the PC (there is a freeware game called UltraStar, which is based on SingStar) and these mics have a USB connection, so work fine for this. You can play the game with two players by making sure you are recording both channels and setting the game up accordingly. If you don't do this, the blue microphone will work as a standard USB microphone. The microphones fulfill their purpose well and the wires are of a decent length.

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - Full Version (PC DVD), 1 User
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - Full Version (PC DVD), 1 User

4.0 out of 5 stars So much better than Vista it's not even funny, 30 Nov. 2010
Most people were not particularly impressed with Windows Vista (myself included), so it was important for Microsoft to redeem themselves with Windows 7. They seem to accomplished this quite well. My computer is getting on a bit now (2GHz AMD 64 + 2GB RAM) and it does struggle slightly with Windows 7- I've noticed that some programmes don't run as well as they did under Windows XP, but for the most part it's fine (providing I don't use the Media Centre, which seems to hog resources like nobody's business). Windows 7 looks good, has very few compatibility issues and is very stable. Much better than Vista and certainly better value for money.

100 Carols for Choirs (. . . for Choirs Collections)
100 Carols for Choirs (. . . for Choirs Collections)
by David Willcocks

5.0 out of 5 stars A very useful and comprehensive collection of carols, 30 Nov. 2010
I purchased this because I was looking for some soprano descants to throw in for our Christmas Carol Service and there are a few in here. Even if I only end up using two or three, it will still have been worth the money. The book is filled with fantastic arrangements (mostly SATB) and emcompasses both traditional carols that everybody knows and also lesser-known carols.

Big Road Atlas Britain (AA Atlases)
Big Road Atlas Britain (AA Atlases)
by AA Publishing
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes! Now I can get to IKEA!, 30 Nov. 2010
This is a fantastic road atlas- very clear and easy to read. It also tells you where all the fixed speed cameras are, where all the service stations are... and most importantly, where all the IKEA stores are! Comes with a free magnetic tax disc holder.

Test Your Cat: The Cat IQ Test
Test Your Cat: The Cat IQ Test
by E. M. Bard

4.0 out of 5 stars Test your cat and test yourself!, 30 Nov. 2010
This is great fun. I tested my mum's two cats and it turned out that the one we thought was stupid (one time he fell in the bath, another time he tried to use the toilet but sat on it the wrong way and the mess went on the bathroom floor) had a higher IQ than his brother, who was largely considered to be the more intelligent of the two. It will also test how much attention you pay to your cat as the questions relate to observed behaviours (e.g. how much time your cat spends doing a certain thing).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3