Profile for Vanessa Frid > Reviews

Vanessa Frid

Helix Circle Stencil Template
Helix Circle Stencil Template

5.0 out of 5 stars Helix Circle Template, 19 July 2013
Sinced it arrived, I've found all sorts of uses for drawing perfect circles of all sizes in my art projects. Addictive because the patterns to be made are endless!

Helix french curves / ellipse template 3 piece set U56010
Helix french curves / ellipse template 3 piece set U56010
Offered by AONESTATIONERY

5.0 out of 5 stars French Curves / Ellipse Template, 19 July 2013
I initially bought these templates for my art projects but have also used them for other projects such as dressmaking - so I would recommend this set as good value and quality for the price.

Tinc Aluminium Geometry Set - Blue
Tinc Aluminium Geometry Set - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Geometry Set, 19 July 2013
I bought this geometry set because I was fed up with the cheap plastic ones that snap and lose their markings. It's made from aluminium and I found it much easier to handle because of it. Would recommend it over all plastic sets.

Designs of the World (British Museum Pattern Books)
Designs of the World (British Museum Pattern Books)
by Eva Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have pattern source book., 19 July 2013
I bought this book to help me with my latest project - would recommend it to anyone in the arts as I found it invaluable as sourcebook of patterns, designs, motifs from ancient to modern. And the cd was an unexpected bonus!

The Calligrapher's Bible: 100 Complete Alphabets and How to Draw Them (Artist's Bible)
by David Harris

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful book!, 19 July 2013
I've just started learning calligraphy and found this book very informative. It does what it says it will do - gives 100 complete alphabets and how to draw them - brilliant!

The Vintage Pattern Selector
The Vintage Pattern Selector
by Jo Barnfield

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended!, 3 Jun. 2013
I loved this book. I've been searching for information on how to adapt retro styles and came across this book that does this and more. It explains the fashions over the years, the materials used and the who, why, variations and patterns used. Then it gives you 15 patterns on a cd so you can print out your own pattern and get help using the end chapters on basic dressmaking and construction. Why wouldn't you buy this book??