Profile for Grr > Reviews

Content by Grr

Grr "Gumbo" (England)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Bitly Plantar Fasciitis Socks (1-Pair), Premium Ankle Support Unisex Black Compression Sleeves. Fast Relief from Swelling & Foot Pain. Promote Blood Circulation & Speedy Recovery (Small)
Offered by SARZ Group LLC

3.0 out of 5 stars Supportive but not for anyone with wider than average feet, 28 July 2016
Disclaimer: I received this item free in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. I am not a paid reviewer, nor am I obligated to leave a positive review. These opinions are my own based soley upon my experience with this product.

I have suffered pain in my feet and arches for the last few years and although this has been off and on I have been looking for a product which can help provide relief when I do have painful days. These socks were ordered in the small size. I am a size 4 but I do have wide feet and I have to say getting these socks on and off was a bit of a trial. They are extremely tight fitting - which is good for hewlping to provide support but it does make getting them on and off quite a mission. I also found that wearing these sock for any length of time was a little painful - not in the area I normally get pain - here they helped me - but rather at the toe end of the sock where my feet are wide. Unfortunately for me this means that the relief I get from the socks is somewhat undermined by the fact that they hurt the lower part of my feet so much. I would guess that these socks are designed for people who do not have wider feet and so if your feet are narrow or just normal widths (rather than "off the scale" at Clarks, as they so politely told me) then these would provide quite a lot of relief to foot pain and support feet nicely. Sadly for anyone who has wider than average feet I would suggest looking at other options. I have really tried with these socks and put them on every day for well over a week and a half for a few hours but have had the same problem every time and had to take them off.

The socks themselves are fairly bland looking and will not stand out if you wear them with shoes, which is what you want. They are thin fabric wise and so will not be too bulky if you decided to wear under normal socks and they seem tobe well made. My issue is that they are just too tight for me and as I have small feet I cannot order a larger size as my feet will be drowned.

Songmics 4 Travel Packing Cubes and 1 Drawstring Bag blue GSN01B
Songmics 4 Travel Packing Cubes and 1 Drawstring Bag blue GSN01B
Offered by Songmics

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful to keep your suitcase tidy and make holiday life a little less messy!, 28 July 2016
Firstly it is important to note that I received these in return for an honest and unbiased review which is what is about to follow:

I got these packing cubes for my parents who are due to have a holiday of a life time to celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary. They will be travelling for 6 weeks througout Australia and I wanted to help make sure that their luggage is as easily managable as possible. Before packing them up for them with some other gifts I wanted to make sure they worked well so have been testing them out myself and packing different items etc and using the zips to ensure they are of a good quality and the results are below:

These little bags are great. There are 4 different sized packing cubes and a small drawstring bag included in this order. The packing cubes themselves are a bight blue colour and zip open and closed really easily. They have double zips which is great and each cube has a small handle so you can use them almost like little bags. I have packed cubes with different types of clothing so that everything is kept separately - undies in the smallest, then tops, trousers and then jumpers etc. Things fit well and the zips close easily to keep everything enclosed. The small drawstring bag is not that large but would be ideal for storing underwear that needs washing so it is kept separate form oither items in the suitcase.
The bags themselves have mesh areas so you can easily see what is packed and they stack nicely inside suitcases. All in all I am extremely pleased with these and hope that they will make my parents trip that little bit easier. Definintely a good investment - especially if, like me, your suitcase has a tendency to explode. These mean you can keep things together a little bit more easily.

Interesting Multivariant Magic Ball Crawling Ball Creative Assembly Building Bricks Blocks Puzzle Toy Best Birthday Gift for Kids Boys Girls Early Educational Learning
Offered by Fun Mall

4.0 out of 5 stars A good toy for the littluns!, 28 July 2016
First off it is important to note that I received this product for free or at a discount for my honest and unbiased review and that is what I will be providing below.

This is great little educational toy. It is lightweight so small hands can lift it easily and the pieces come apart and go back together easily so that children do not have to struggle with it. The plastic construction means it can be used both in the day time and taken up to play with in the bath as well which is great.

As there are so many different ways to put the pieces together it has kept our children (4 and 1) entertained for hours - though the 4 year old gets distracted pretty easily as he has now figured this out - but he still enjoys building it now and again, just to prove he can. They are both able to play with it but in different ways which means that it is a toy that spans several years. The fact each of the pieces is in a distinct colour is great as it helps children to not only identify shapes but also colours as well as building hand eye co-ordination.

This toy is well priced for what it is and seems sturdy and likely to be able to last a while – even in our destructo household!

Nonwe Men's Swimming Shorts Surfing Quick Dry Beach Shorts UKCB16103zUS-30
Nonwe Men's Swimming Shorts Surfing Quick Dry Beach Shorts UKCB16103zUS-30
Offered by Amyhome No.1

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice shorts, 28 July 2016
First things first, go big. These shorts are smaller than you may expect, probably go one size up from what you would normally go for. This wasn’t a problem for me thankfully as I ordered a size bigger anyway as I prefer baggy shorts but it is something to be aware of.

The shorts themselves seem to be well made, I’ve worn them a few times now and they have comfortably withstood trips to the beach and pool, mooches around town and being worn whilst mowing the lawn. The colours on my shorts are bold and bright and not faded with washing and the material is good for swimming in, quick to dry and comfortable enough to wear in the day.

I’ve knocked a star off due to the sizing issue and also because it has a Velcro fly which is something I personally loathe, finding them impractical, prone to coming apart and easily damaged. That aside, these are fairly stylish and a decent addition to a summer wardrobe.

I was offered these shorts at a reduced price in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Teletubbies: Favourite Things
Teletubbies: Favourite Things

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple Tale for Toddlers, 19 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A chunky block book of just a few pages telling the simplest of tales. Laa-Laa has lost his/her(?) ball ad all the other Teletubbies help to find it. As stories go it's pretty much basic but therefore ideal for youngsters aged up to 2 and half I would say. Certainly my daughter (1yr 10 months) loves this book and demands it read to her often.

Despite her very best efforts, the book has thus far, survived her enthusiastic attentions which is, primarily, what I hope for in a toddler book!

Discoball Car Air Purifier with Latest Technology in Ionizer Air Cleaner for Removing Dust, Pollen,Smoke, Perfect for Your Car, Truck, & RV (Gold)

3.0 out of 5 stars Air Purifier - effective but noisy, 19 July 2016
Sharing a car with two small children, a messy spouse and a daily grid of a commute, the interior of my car is often filled with mess, dust and worrying odours, as such, I was delighted to be offered this product to review. I used it on a drive from the UK to Paris with the whole family in tow to really give it a thorough try-out.

Credit where it's due, it really does seem to work. We hit horribly muggy weather and relied heavily on the air-con which is usually an open invitation for poor air qualiy but this product really did seem to help wih the air quality and my hayfever was notably delayed. As such, I can say that this certainly does a job.

So why only 3 Stars?

If you have the radio or other music blaring, this product is great but, if you need things to be quieter for children to sleep for example then you hear it; a constant high pitched whining sound. My partner noticed it but said it didn't really bother him but I found it incredibly grating and, as the driver, I could not continue with it until music was back on.

So overall, this product is effective but unless you have a music/noise filled drive anyway you may find the whine too much.

Star Wars The Force Awakens 3.75-Inch Rey Action Figure
Star Wars The Force Awakens 3.75-Inch Rey Action Figure
Offered by GLS eCommerce

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little figure but can be a bit fiddly to attach the weapons, 18 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great little figure that small people will love playing with. Given all the publicity that surrounded the lack of Rey products after the launch of the most recent film it is great to see this figure and the accessories she comes with.

The figure has limbs that move and a lightsabre, a blaster and a staff. The weapons can be a tad fiddly to attach to her which makes things somewhat tough but I have found that when playing with this figure my little boy tends to use the weapons in one hand and the figure in the other, making them both fight together against their foe but without the need for actually attaching to the figure. I realise I could just be lucky in this though and some children will get immensely frustrated that they cannot attached the weapons well.

My little boy loves Star Wars and everything that goes with it, he was just as excited about his Rey figure as he was about his Kylo Ren figure. It's great that he sees this strong female character ion the same way he views the other strong characters in the film. Disney need to ensure they keep making these types of figures and promoting the (non princess) strong females as much as the males in their merchandise!

Dirt Devil 11-in-1 Steam Cleaner, 0.33 Litre, White/Red
Dirt Devil 11-in-1 Steam Cleaner, 0.33 Litre, White/Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective, easy to use and light weight, 18 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We have had a steam cleaner in the past which we loved, it made short work of cleaning the kitchen floor and was easy to use, refill and stored away easily. The one thing it did not have was a handheld attachment which I always felt was a shame as it would have been great to be able to use it more in the bathroom.

This nifty little steam cleaner does everything our last cleaner did but with the added bonus of having the ability to come apart so you can use it as a handheld cleanerand really get to grips with the ins and outs of the kitchen and bathroom.

When the cleaner first arrives it is in several pieces and you need to assemble it - which is a very simple and quick job. There are a large number of accessories included and these are packaged separately so you can store them away once the unit is assembled.

Once I had it all together it was an easy task to fill with water, turn on and get started (the instructions for this machine are simple and effective - much better than many I have seen in the past!). You turn on the cleaner and select your steam level wait for the steam! The triangular shape of the cleaning pad has really helped in my somewhat cramped kitchen as I have been able to reach into corners more easily than I could with my old rectangular unit. The micro fibre pad seems to pick up the dirt really well and it left my kitchen floor feeling and looking really clean - well as clean as 20 year old lino can look! You will probably want to give your floors a quick hoover before using this cleaner though, the less debris in the way the better it cleans!

I have tried using this on our well worn carpet with the carpet attachment and although it seems to have a slight effect it's not overly noticable, but perhaps my carpet is just too far gone for this to work properly, it's also got looped fibres meaning that there are no ends to lift or fibres to work through. Perhaps if we had a carpet with a decent pile it would have a bigger effect.

When I detached the handheld unit the first thing I noticed is how light it is. As the water reservior is pretty small (a minor negative, but one to note if you have a large area to clean) it means that the unit is nice and light and easy to move aboiut. The steam generated from this unit seems to be reasonably powerful and by adding the different tools I managed to get my bathroom sink looking cleaner than I have ever seen it. I found it slightly tough to manouvre towards the back of the taps due to where our wall is but managed to get there.

All in all I am really pleased with this unit and have actually quite enjoyed cleaning while using it. To really make this a superb product it would be nice to have a small bag to store the attachments in as this is not provided and perhaps a slightly longer power cord as it could be a little short for some people.

Deluxe Bath Bombs Gift Set Lumunu Badefreude Violetta, 8 Bath Pralines in a Gift Box with Card
Offered by Venize UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely set of bath bombs for all ages!, 30 Jun. 2016
Before I start my review I need to state that I received this item in the course of a promotion in exchange for an honestly impartial review and this is exactly what I shall be giving - luckily for me this is an absolutely gorgeous bath set. It's certainly not the cheapest option out there but I really believe that this is well worth the few extra pounds.

The bath bombs arrive in a lovely box which is sealed up and tied with a ribbon, it has clearly had a lot of thought put into the design. Once open you see the fabulous little bath bombs, they are all quite small but extremely well made and they smell amazing. They are designed to look edible and done well so make sure you keep these away from any little hands who may not realise you shouldn't eat them.

When you add these to your bath they do give a pleasant fizz and they leave your skin feeling supple and moisturised. They also left a nice scent on my skin which was not at all overpowering. I was genuinely impressed with these and think they are well worth their price tag.

Deluxe Mini Magic Wand Massager Lumunu Kraftprotz with attachment for clitoris, waterproof and storage-battery technology
Offered by Venize UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, compact with a very reasonable price tag, 30 Jun. 2016
The first thing I have to say in this review is that I received this item in the course of a promotion for an honestly impartial opinion and a completely honest and impartial review is exactly what I shall be giving.

This little vibrator arrives extremely well packaged. It comes in a sturdy box which is extremely well designed and with a very high quality feel to it. Inside the box the vibrator is secured in foam packaging which is cut so that the individual components fit into exact shapes cut into the foam layer. It comes with a nice little black bag to keep it in when not in the box and a mains charger along with a basic instruction leaflet.

The mini wand itself is about 6 inches long and a lovely cool pale blue colour. It is covered in a smooth feeling silicone and has one silver tip. There are three power buttons one for on and off, one for intermittent vibrations and one for intensity.

I can quite honestly say this is a wonderful product for an extremely reasonable price tag. It has great power, doesn't need batteries and does a great job. The product is well made, well packaged and overall gives an air of class. I am extremely pleased with this product in all areas and will be keeping a good eye on the other products that this company offers..

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20