Profile for Martin > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
The New Statesman - The Complete Series [DVD] [1987]
The New Statesman - The Complete Series [DVD] [1987]
Dvd ~ Rik Mayall

5.0 out of 5 stars The New Statesman - The Complete Series Box Set [DVD] [1987], 15 Jun. 2014
The New Statesman - The Complete Series Box Set [DVD] [1987]
Video & sound quality excellent! The series is very funny & Rik Mayall is brilliant! If you like Rk Mayall this set is for you! ;-)

3 Days to Kill [DVD] [2014] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
3 Days to Kill [DVD] [2014] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 Days to Kill [DVD] [2014] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC], 8 Jun. 2014
3 Days to Kill [DVD] [2014] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] Action, Drama, Thriller. UK Cinema Release 20th of June 2014!

I found this film from a trailer on Youtube & thought I would give it a go! So pleased I did! Kevin Costner on top form! Great story! Got me hooked straight away! Action & Humour! Best film I have had a for a while! There are so many rubbish films out there & with great reviews, but leave you disappointed when you watch them! This film was one I had heard nothing about, so I was really pleased when I watched & found it was very entertaining! ;-)

Found this review online.
Kevin Costner, Amber Heard, Hailee Steinfeld, Connie Nielsen

Kevin Costner stars in a high-octane thriller about a spy who's offered a chance to live in return for one last mission! International secret agent Ethan Renner (Kevin Costner) has always tried to protect his family from the dangers of his job. Now he's decided to reconnect with his ex-wife Christine (Connie Nielsen) and teenage daughter Zooey (Hailee Steinfeld) in Paris. But the mysterious and alluring Vivi Delay (Amber Heard) has other ideas. She tells him that he has just three days to live - unless he gets a shot of a new experimental drug. And she'll only supply this if he agrees to accept a final assignment: taking down the world's most ruthless terrorist. To complicate matters further, Christine leaves Ethan in charge of Zooey while she visits London. 'Charlie's Angels' director McG and 'Taken' writer Luc Besson reboot Kevin Costner's career with this slick, witty and hugely enjoyable thriller. From the makers of Taken & Transporter!

Alias Smith & Jones: Season 2 & 3 [6 DVD SET] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Alias Smith & Jones: Season 2 & 3 [6 DVD SET] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Ben Murphy Pete Duel

5.0 out of 5 stars Alias Smith & Jones: Season 2 & 3 [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import], 22 May 2014
I have already got season one & I just love this series! Not remastered sadly! But I have enjoyed watching them very much & it is the only quality format at the moment! But I must say that most episodes are decent enough quality to enjoy! The thing is I have got spoiled with a lot of old TV Shows been remastered really well! But it is worth buying for sure, if you are a fan like me! Nostalgia at it's best! I had forgotten how good the Show was! :-)
Update! After watching all series 2 & 3 I have to say the picture quality was much better after the first episode on series two & series three had no picture quality problems at all! In fact the worst episode out of all the episodes is just this one,series 2 Ep 1 "The Day They Hanged Kid Curry", Even series one is good quality! Like I said before I had been watching remastered DVD series from other Classic TV Shows & got spoilt! So now I give 10 out 10! ;-)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 1, 2014 10:29 PM BST

The Professionals - Mk 1 [DVD]
The Professionals - Mk 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Martin Shaw

5.0 out of 5 stars The Professionals: Mk I [DVD], 9 May 2014
I always enjoyed The Professionals & this DVD set is Excellent! Brilliant picture & sound quality restored to an amazing standard!
13 episodes & extras! A must for an Fan of the series!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 2, 2015 5:55 PM BST

Dead Man Running [DVD] [2009]
Dead Man Running [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Danny Dyer
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Dead Man Running [DVD] [2009], 9 May 2014
I saw this film on Youtube & I thought I have to get it! Very fast paced movie, great story & twists & lots of humor! 10 out of 10! ;-)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The History of Ireland 2 DVD The Irish in America & The Maze Prison, 2 May 2014
The History of Ireland 2 DVD The Irish in America & The Maze Prison
I love films about the History of Ireland! I have four films now in this series!
These two are quite good, Bought I love the Kenneth Griffith's documentary one's better!
The Kenneth Griffith's films are about Michael Collins and the Easter Rising or sometimes known as Hang Up Your Brightest Colours & is a brilliant documentary! Hang Up Your Brightest Colour, which had been banned by ITV when produced in 1973 is a must see film! It comes as two DVD collection, which includes the Michael Collins & a complementary film on the then living participants in the Easter Rising, and the Irish Civil War. Kenneth Griffith does an amazing telling of the Irish Fight For Freedom!

Dvd ~ Errol Flynn
Offered by AUDIO VIDEO DISCO - 1st Class from the UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Edge of Darkness (1943) ( Norway in Revolt ), 2 May 2014
Edge of Darkness (1943) ( Norway in Revolt )
I saw this film on TV a while ago & I really enjoyed & then I noticed it was on Amazon so I ordered it straight away!
The movie is about, Brave People who fight for their Freedom at all costs! The movie is acted out very well & Errol Flynn is very good in his role!

The Springfields - Silver & Gold
The Springfields - Silver & Gold

5.0 out of 5 stars Silver & Gold - The Springfields, 2 May 2014
Silver & Gold - The Springfields
I love this album! Be looking for a best of Springfields Album for a while & now! Then I found this one on Amazon & I have downloaded it & it is just what I wast looking for! Brought back great memories from my younger days at my local Youth Club where I first heard their songs! Dusty Springfield was an amazing singer! If you love The Springfields like I do thae buy it! Love every track on the album! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Free As A Bird, 2 April 2014
This review is from: Free As A Bird (Audio CD)
Free As A Bird
Just got a used copy of Free As A Bird from Zoverstocks & it is like new!
I have wanted it for ages, as I missed out when it first came out!
Of course I had the Anthology albums, but I want the maxi single for the 3 other songs on it!
They are alternative takes of "This Boy and "I Saw Her Standing There"
and a newly edited version of the fan club-only seasonal song "Christmas Time (Is Here Again)."
Very pleased to have it in my Beatle collection at last!
It says the it is the US single, but as far as I know there is no difference to the UK version. But I will have to check & see.
A must for all Beatles Fans!

Offered by Mattpuss

5.0 out of 5 stars Freddie Mercury Album, 18 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Freddie Mercury Album (Audio CD)
Freddie Mercury Album

If you love Queen, you will love this Album!
Perfection is what Freddie did well & this is Perfection!
Every song is a gem!