Profile for D. Donnelly > Reviews

Content by D. Donnelly

D. Donnelly "Dave D." (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Amazon Underground
Amazon Underground

1.0 out of 5 stars Battery killer, 10 July 2016
This review is from: Amazon Underground (App)
This app is destroying my battery. It self-starts and does who knows what. Even killing the app with Greenify only gives temporary relief as app restarts. I will be uninstalling immediately.

Amazon Video
Amazon Video

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't do it., 29 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Amazon Video (App)
Auto starts a d drains battery.

Billion BiPAC 3010ND USB 2.0 Dual Band Wireless N Adapter
Billion BiPAC 3010ND USB 2.0 Dual Band Wireless N Adapter

4.0 out of 5 stars Supplied driver not compatible with Win 8.1, 14 Jan. 2015
As with other reviewers, I initially found that this is NOT compatible with Windows 8.1 using the supplied drivers (or automatic Windows install).
However, the Billion support team quickly sent me a link to a driver that IS compatible with Win 8.1. After that, I have had no problems and the adapter works well. 4star because of the initial difficulty. The link is;

Battle Station (Star Force Series Book 5)
Battle Station (Star Force Series Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, fast-paced, imaginative page-turner, 16 July 2012
I originally sampled the Imperium (Mech) series and was delighted by the fast-pace of each of those books. Initially, the "space marine" tag put me off the Star Force series, but I was so taken with the Imperium books that I decided to dip my toe into "Swarm", the first of the Star Force books. Once I started I just had to see it through to the end, a real page-turner.
The Star Force series is equally fast-paced and yet Larson manages to pack even more ideas into this series. All the books in the series are equally good reads and "Battle Station" is no exception. I can't wait to read the next volume in the series.

Black Hybrid XYLO-GEL Skin / Case / Shell for the HTC DESIRE Z Mobile Phone.
Black Hybrid XYLO-GEL Skin / Case / Shell for the HTC DESIRE Z Mobile Phone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sticky, 20 Jun. 2011
The good parts - fits well, easy to attach and controls are easy to get to. Looks like it would protect from most bangs and knocks. 5-star.
The bad part - the gel feels sticky. Sounds an odd comment, but I found the stickyness too much to use the case. 1-star, hence 3-star overall.

Case-Mate HTC Desire Z/G2 Barely There Case - Metallic Silver
Case-Mate HTC Desire Z/G2 Barely There Case - Metallic Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars It's better than you think when you openthe box., 20 Jun. 2011
When you open the box it looks very plasticky! However, once fitted to the phone it looks ok.
It's very easy to fit, the case comes in 2 parts meaning the z-hinge is not impeded. Most of the controls are easily accessible through the case; the volume & on/off are a little more difficult to get at, but no problem with charger or earphone access. I'm quite happy with my purchase.

HTC SP-P400 Desire Z Screen Protector (2pieces, Retail Pack)
HTC SP-P400 Desire Z Screen Protector (2pieces, Retail Pack)
Offered by FLASHSUPERSTORE

5.0 out of 5 stars A screen-protector you can actually fit!, 20 Jun. 2011
I was dreading trying to fix these protectors after I'd struggled with similar on other phones. This one went on like a dream. The protector is thick enough to allow me to align it correctly, very few air-bubbles left and I was able to remove them all. It looks ok (although I also use a phone case that covers over the edges of the screen-protector) and doesn't make any difference to the phones usability once fitted.

LaCie eSATA PCI Card
LaCie eSATA PCI Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install, easy to use., 30 Jun. 2010
This review is from: LaCie eSATA PCI Card (Accessory)
This item replaced a faulty card that had never worked. I was very pleased with the new card. It was easy to install into WHS system and worked first time without a hitch. Recommended.

PowerBee ® Saturn Solar Garden Lights for all year round Garden Lighting ideal for pathways / lawns / Gardens / Festive Parties & More...
Offered by PowerBee Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Well, 30 Jun. 2010
So far the lamp has only been used in late spring/summer, but it does work well.

Emprex 3009URF Windows Media Center Remote Control
Emprex 3009URF Windows Media Center Remote Control

5.0 out of 5 stars Windows 7 MCE, 25 April 2010
Works well with the Media Center on Windows 7, though not necessarily straight out of the box.
You do need to install the utility that is supplied on a mini-cd. This enables the alph-numeric keypad which you need if you decide to install the Media Center Sky Player (may also be needed for other MCE functions, but I haven't noticed).
My only gripe is with the numeric keypad itself. The letters/numbers are printed underneath the corresponding (very thin) buttons. For some reason, whenever I use these buttons I end up pressing the wrong button, fooled into thinking the letters/numbers are printed above the button. Not sure why this is, perhaps we've all got used to telephone buttons with the letters/numbers printed on the button itself and when they're not, the brain automatically adjusts.......or pehaps I'm just terminally stupid! But when you do press the correct button, it works fine.
As other reviewers have said, you cannot use the remote for other Windows functions, so you need to set-up Media Center first to a) start automatically and b) be always on top. I use a Remote Desktop connection (Win7 Pro/Ultimate) to conduct other functions, but you could equally connect a separate mouse/keyboard.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3