Profile for rogeraitch > Reviews

rogeraitch

RATS
RATS

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting fantasy, 15 Aug. 2014
This review is from: RATS (Kindle Edition)
I thought this story was well written in good English. The tension and interest was maintained throughout, I did think the end came as a bit of a surprise as if another book was in the future - I certainly hope so. Politicians portrayed as self serving ruthless scoundrels will always be a favourite target for writers with a social (Socialist?) concience. The hero and heroin of this novel were well drawn. I shall look out fot

A Lieutenant of Hussars
A Lieutenant of Hussars

4.0 out of 5 stars a classic history of ww1, 12 Aug. 2014
This carefully researched book gives an idea of the real attitudes and suffering felt by military and civilians alike. Written by an experienced military pilot he is able to translate the bare facts of history into the feelings of those who experienced the numbing effects of a world war. I was pleased to see that he was able to distinguish between the senior commanders who were incompetent and those who did the best they could in what was a leap forward in tactics and modern equipment. The requirement to adopt new ideas and technology does not come easily to senior officers brought up in a different military world and at the end of their careers. Those that could eventually prevailed and the war was won.

SCREEN/LCD SCRATCH PROTECTOR For Apple iPod Touch 2G/3G - 2nd & 3rd Generation (PACK OF 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars Scratch protector, 27 Nov. 2013
Thie item does the job well and come with several spares for future use. I am pleased with the delivery time and the quality of the item

Carbon Fiber Magnetic Propeller Balancer Prop Essential For Quadcopter FPV Helicopter Airplane
Offered by XINTE

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnetic Blancer, 27 Nov. 2013
This item does what I want, it is quitye small and easy to handle. The quality of the item meets my approval

Acer C7 11.6-inch Chromebook (2GB RAM, 320GB HDD)
Acer C7 11.6-inch Chromebook (2GB RAM, 320GB HDD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Acer C7 Chromebook, 15 Dec. 2012
This notebook works very well and meets all my needs. Recommended for web browsing, watching videos, you tube etc.The "cloud" concept seems to work very well.

My Google Chromebook (My...)
My Google Chromebook (My...)

4.0 out of 5 stars Acer C5 Chromebook, 30 Nov. 2012
Good things: I like the keypad, I like its size, It boots up much quicker than my old laptop, so far no lock ups. Good screen, much better wifi results from the same source. No worries about security. or updates. I am used to windows XP - I like Chrome OS better. Best of all - the price.
Bad things : Battery life - but it is removable. Otherwise nothing (so far!)

The Star Map (The Star Dragon Book 1)
The Star Map (The Star Dragon Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Children need these life skills!, 27 Sept. 2012
As a grandfather of 3 children under the age of 12. I wonder what kind of world they will be living and working in 15-20 years from now. Certainly it will be different from the world I grew up in. But, as far as I can tell their education looks pretty much the same as when I was as school 60 years ago. Yes, we had chalkboards and they have ipads or whatever, but it is still literacy,science, maths etc. The world seems to be moving faster and getting more competitive every day. If they are going to get anywhere in life, it is going to be important to learn how to develop themselves and work better with the people around them. Who is teaching them the important stuff like planning for the future and delegating to the people around them?
So when I found this adventure story which also teaches life skills like teamwork and goal setting I thought "finally!" a book which teaches some really important life lessons. So I bought the book on my Kindle and read it through.
I have to say that if I had learned the life skills in this book when I was 10 my life would have taken a different course! OK, so its just a book and a book can only do so much. But as an introduction to life skills for children I don't see how it could be better.
Whether you are a Parent,Grandparent, Uncle or Aunt, if you have kids aged 7-10 then get them this book. One day they will thank you for it!