Profile for A Reader's Perspective > Reviews

Content by A Reader's Per...

A Reader's Perspective (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
A History of Spain founded on the Historia de España y de la civilización española of Rafael Altamira

4.0 out of 5 stars interesting, 26 Jun. 2016
An interesting review of Spain pre the Great War. Extremely well written and easy to read. Highly recommend to all.

Accepted Fate (Fate Series Book 1)
Accepted Fate (Fate Series Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 28 May 2016
I rarely give a 1 star and I apologise now to the author for doing so. It is obvious a lot of time and work has gone into this novel.

The problem is that I have seen this book before... Themes from Twilight, Fifty Shades and Grease come to mind! How could a coming of age/ "teen romance" get so over-complicated?!

Kinsleigh Baker and Breyson... A holiday romance that ends up more permanent? Or does it?

The ending is exactly like the film "Robert Pattinson" was in... A perfect romance ruined by circumstance? Or is it? To find out you have to read the next one... And the author states there are going to be 10 in the series! Wow.

Other reviewers have said it so I know I am not alone, basically the narrative is repetitive and boring at times - I don't care what she is wearing or what make up she is wearing all the time!

But, I stuck with it - invested my time to read and finish it (skimming on the boring detail) - to find myself confused and annoyed at the end.

I recommend the author polishes this and takes out the mundane - it will cut the book in half. Then considers actually ending the book so that it is stand alone. The ending was SO rushed considering how detailed everything else was.

A few characters stood as as great and they should be centre stage. The build up to meeting when in Mississippi also needs more.

The first love scenes were tastefully done and reasonable clean, but at the end it got way too dirty! Not suitable for this type of book at all.

Hey, ignore me if you all want... I just don't like wasting my time and had to vent.

Again, sorry :(

Jericho: Jericho, The Jinn Cycle - Book  One
Jericho: Jericho, The Jinn Cycle - Book One

2.0 out of 5 stars Plot was too strange for me, 18 May 2016
I was given a copy of this ebook for review and decided to finish it in order to give my honest opinion. I think the reason it did not work for me was the fact that the storyline was too "out there". This is a fantasy read with some thrown in erotica.

There was a lot going on... A male jinn (super human) who is drawn to his "mate". A LOT of characters from vampires, to demons, to Gods, etc

Anyway, I don't want to ramble on. Ultimately, this should have worked for me (since I like paranormal), but I couldn't get in to it and it took me a long time to read. Hopefully, others will enjoy more and I thank the author for letting me give it a go. It was just not for me.

There must be Horses
There must be Horses

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story, 27 April 2016
What a wonderful story! Suitable for older readers and adults alike, this is the story of Sasha, a 12 year old girl who has been traumatised by constant moves and an unsettled upbringing. However, when she goes to live in a temporary home in the countryside she finds herself surrounded by the one thing she loves - horses!

When she meets Meteor, a horse troubled by his own mixed past, she must overcome her own fears and learn to trust again.

I loved it and had a tear in my eye at the end...

It did help that my daughter rides so I have picked up a few things watching, but I think this story is suitable for anyone who doesn't know anything about horses too.

Highly recommended for both the storyline and beautiful writing.

Half Lost (Half Bad)
Half Lost (Half Bad)
by Sally Green

5.0 out of 5 stars What an ending!, 21 April 2016
This review is from: Half Lost (Half Bad) (Paperback)
Wow... I do not want to give too many spoilers, but the ending to this book took my breath away.

I have read some of the reviews on here which hated it and I can see what they mean, BUT we will all die eventually unless you are a ... Read the book!
Nathan and Gabriel will be together for eternity, and if you believe in the soul this is the perfect ending.

I also suspected about Annalise all along and am happy it ended this way too. She was never a bad person, just confused and she made a bad call. Or did she? When in a war both sides argue their case, or do they not?

There were so many threads in this trilogy. life & death, sacrifice, torture, true love, diversity, the role of men & women, the need to experiment, etc.

If you read Hunger Games or Divergent and want something different read this, but I warn you it is not what you expect. I have to admit the first book took a while to get used to, but the writing is addictive.

Like I said on my first review, I have to be honest, Nathan felt like a girl to me. But then, isn't that the point? We all have masculine & feminine qualities. Is it fair to say that we should not judge? For example, I have been told myself that I write like a male writer... What does that mean?

If a books makes me think as much as this one did it has to be a winner! Highly recommend.

Half Wild (Half Bad Trilogy)
Half Wild (Half Bad Trilogy)
by Sally Green (No

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive, 21 April 2016
OMG. I was not convinced by the first book, but this is something else!

So much going on. I can't help thinking about WW2 and the effect it had as I read this. But, there are so many threads alongside the theme.

On to the next one... :)

Half Bad
Half Bad
by Sally Green

3.0 out of 5 stars Brutal, 21 April 2016
This review is from: Half Bad (Paperback)
Let's start with the good... Obviously, I enjoyed this book since I read it in a day. The style is quite unique and I am amazed this was written by a female writer. Even though many times I could easily have placed the main character, Nathan, as a girl!

But, I do have issues. It just goes on and on... Torture, more torture, and yet more torture! How much can a kid take, even if he can heal himself?

It seriously made me think of some existing best sellers.

He is an orphan & a witch - rings of Harry Potter
He in obsessed with a white witch (who he barely knows) and has to drink blood to change - Twilight themed
There is a LOT of brutality, even though he is a child, by those in control (white witches) who are obviously not so pure - Hunger Games anyone?

So, yeah, I will read on. My daughter bought the set on paperback and is raving about it.

I really can't stand too much violence........

ICE (Dr. Leah Andrews and Jack Hobson Thrillers Book 1)
ICE (Dr. Leah Andrews and Jack Hobson Thrillers Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Exciting read, 7 April 2016
I really enjoyed the Action & Adventure elements of this book. It reminded me of films like "Vertical Limit" and I found myself gripped from the outset. The descriptions were brilliant throughout and I could visualise every scene. The build-up was interesting and the ideas unique.

In the end, I do think there were too many overlapping plot lines. I would have preferred to end the book with some resolution on the 800 year old finding! As it was, I found the discovery hard to swallow. Something metallic would surely have been found earlier?

Saying this, I am intrigued by the premise and wonder where this story will go next... An enjoyable and exciting read.

V-Card: A New Adult Romantic Comedy (Sharing Spaces Book 1)
V-Card: A New Adult Romantic Comedy (Sharing Spaces Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 7 April 2016
I was a bit taken aback by how much I enjoyed this story.

V-card is a short NA college-based romance about a soon to be 21-year-old virgin who wants to lose her virginity before hitting the big 21! The characters were stereotypical and the ending predictable, but who cares? The lovely HEA ending made me love it! I actually think this would be a great read for teens who lack experience. The message about "holding out for the right one" was there loud and clear and it worked.

I also liked the use of humour throughout. It always makes books of this nature much more readable. Highly recommend as a quick read.

Dcolor 10pcs Stylish Colorful Celluloid Guitar Picks Plectrums 0.71mm
Dcolor 10pcs Stylish Colorful Celluloid Guitar Picks Plectrums 0.71mm
Offered by Sonline-HK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 27 Mar. 2016
Exactly what my daughter needed with prompt delivery.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20