Profile for yaaarrrrrrrr > Reviews

I Took the Moon for a Walk
I Took the Moon for a Walk
by Carolyn Curtis

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bedtime read ever, 4 Feb. 2013
Bought this for my two year old as he developed a sudden obsession with the moon. It's a beautiful book, exquisite illustrations and a lovely, almost heart-melting story. What I wasn't prepared for was my lad becoming so transfixed that he wanted to sleep with it under his pillow, after much negotiation we eventually get to a point where he will put the book to bed (bookcase) because it's tired from all the reading and the moon needs a sleep too. He was completely transfixed, I have to read it at least a couple of times to him every night and he won't have another book read to him at the mo.

XMI X-Mini v1.1 Portable Mini Capsule Speaker with 3.5mm Jack for iPhone/iPad/iPod/Smartphones/Tablets/MP3 Player/Laptop - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 4 Feb. 2013
clear sound, light as a feather, it's never gonna fill a cathedral but what would you expect for the size!

Youth & Young Manhood
Youth & Young Manhood
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars they've come a long way, 12 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Youth & Young Manhood (Audio CD)
I've been re-listening to this lately, a lot. While I love all their work (Aha Shake Heartbreak is a very underrated album) this album is the pick of the bunch in so many ways. It's so raw yet so visceral at the same time, repeated listening rewards with new discoveries.

Sure, their later stuff is great but I was a bit underwhelmed with 'Only by the night' - I just think they've lost something in bringing their sound so far, and in listening to this after their latest stuff the clarity of progression is huge. I guess they had to move on but maybe they lost something when they dropped the spit and sawdust rock for stadium filling anthems.

Buy this, it's a total classic.